Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The gently caress is going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

nachos posted:

The gently caress is going on

Great match, but hard not the think the old rafa would have had this finished 2 hours ago

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Cmoooooon! Loved to set up serve for the match

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
Wow what a fuckin match!

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
That was loving awesome

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Always good to see Rafa get dumped.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

That was loving amazing. Fognini just kept smashing winners when I thought he would crumble.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Best match so far. Nadals serve was awful for the last 20 games

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Serena is beginning to just piss me off. She loses the first set. The announcers say she's dug herself a hole. Then she "digs deep" and "pulls out all the stops" and "gets her mental game in order" and I am just sick of hearing it. I guess she considers it more sporting than just charging out and whaling on all her opponents till they double bagel but it really feels like I am just watching the same match over and over and over (usually against a blonde) for the last couple of years. Okay, there is no other woman who can beat her, and if they can, they can only do it once. Just go on out and mop the court with them right from the start, Serena, no need to create fake suspense. I hate fake suspense. Also I have to watch it silently so I don't hear what the commentators have to say 'cause they've got nothing.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
looks like nadal is a fraud full of autism?

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
gently caress me, I went to bed after the first set cause it was already 4:30 am here. I knew it was a bad call. :(

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Serena is beginning to just piss me off. She loses the first set. The announcers say she's dug herself a hole. Then she "digs deep" and "pulls out all the stops" and "gets her mental game in order" and I am just sick of hearing it. I guess she considers it more sporting than just charging out and whaling on all her opponents till they double bagel but it really feels like I am just watching the same match over and over and over (usually against a blonde) for the last couple of years. Okay, there is no other woman who can beat her, and if they can, they can only do it once. Just go on out and mop the court with them right from the start, Serena, no need to create fake suspense. I hate fake suspense. Also I have to watch it silently so I don't hear what the commentators have to say 'cause they've got nothing.

Do you really believe she does this on purpose? Like, really? That's like the people who claimed Kobe missed shots to keep the game close, because he wanted to come through in the clutch.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Rhymes With Clue posted:

It's because her chemically-augmented blood keeps her going while her opponent tires, hth.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

What the gently caress happened last night? When I went to bed Nadal was two sets up. I know Fog has had recent wins over Nadal but everything looked like Nadal was gonna win.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Good things happened man, really good things

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ferrer and Raonic both out so I guess Im done watching men's singles. :smith:

At least Bouchard is still in it. :unsmith:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
go Roger

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Sodium Chloride posted:

What the gently caress happened last night? When I went to bed Nadal was two sets up. I know Fog has had recent wins over Nadal but everything looked like Nadal was gonna win.

The drugs have destroyed his body

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Furnaceface posted:

I hope she saves her effort and energy for what really matters.

And by that I mean mixed doubles

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.

Furnaceface posted:

Ferrer and Raonic both out so I guess Im done watching men's singles. :smith:

are you a real person

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I hope she saves her effort and energy for what really matters.

And by that I mean mixed doubles

She's withdrawn from both doubles :mad:

Vesnina is the reigning doubles champion too.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 5, 2015

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Vika v Kerber up next on Arthur Ashe! :getin::getin::getin::getin::getin:

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

fancyclown posted:

Vika v Kerber up next on Arthur Ashe! :getin::getin::getin::getin::getin:

I'm expecting this to be brutal. I hope it doesn't disappoint, Federer's match was like an afternoon nap.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Waynebo posted:

are you a real person

Canadians dont get to enjoy tennis much because our players tend to not do so well. Also for some reason my brain confused Ferrer with Federer which was why I was sad.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Bouchard slipped last night in the locker room and has a head injury. Ouch. How unlucky is that.

And another men's retirement with Isner.

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.

Furnaceface posted:

Canadians dont get to enjoy tennis much because our players tend to not do so well. Also for some reason my brain confused Ferrer with Federer which was why I was sad.

OH okay. I thought someone actually enjoyed watching Ferrer.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012

Sodium Chloride posted:

Bouchard slipped last night in the locker room and has a head injury. Ouch. How unlucky is that.

And another men's retirement with Isner.

People getting sick by the cold in the locker room and now they're slipping. :wtc:

And to be clear it's Vesely who's out right, not Isner?

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

fancyclown posted:

And to be clear it's Vesely who's out right, not Isner?

Oh yeah Vesely retired. Whoops. Sorry for the error.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012

Glare Seethe posted:

I'm expecting this to be brutal. I hope it doesn't disappoint, Federer's match was like an afternoon nap.

It's not bad so far, not bad at all.

E: Kerber has had so many crazy good winners this match. We're going 3!!!

E2:

quote:

@tomtebbutt: Word around the US Open isn't positive about Bouchard playing Sunday. Hopefully it's wrong. Whatever, something could come in next few hours

:(

fancyclown fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 5, 2015

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
I know it's "Lol WTA" and all, but I really don't understand how Sara Errani was a top 5 player for awhile.

Can't wait for Kvitova and Lisicki to break my heart again :(

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tune in to the end of Vika/Kerber. Top notch drama tennis.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

ColdBlooded posted:

I know it's "Lol WTA" and all, but I really don't understand how Sara Errani was a top 5 player for awhile.
How did you feel about numero uno Woz?

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Match definitely delivered and I'm pleased Azarenka won, it'd be good to have her back in the top and contesting for majors. I'm almost deaf to her howling by now too.

Hopefully Bouchard can recover for tomorrow, it'd be real bad luck to have to withdraw just as she finally looks to be finding some fire back. Between the grit and emotion she showed in her singles matches and the fun she looked to be having in the mixed doubles it seemed like the past year had humbled her a bit and some of the walls had been broken down.

Meanwhile Donald Young's staging another comeback. I hope he pulls it off.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jose posted:

The drugs have destroyed his body

Serena is next.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Glare Seethe posted:

Meanwhile Donald Young's staging another comeback. I hope he pulls it off.

Yeah, I saw he was two sets down and was thinking "He can't really make another 2-0 comeback, can he?"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
though tbh my pet theory is that the bad Spanish economy has caused them to stop funding the state sanctioned doping of athletes

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

Xabi posted:

How did you feel about numero uno Woz?

Woz is Steffi Graf compared to Errani.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Anyone see Tomic bump fists with Gasquet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9_JCQB2l2A&t=5s

Highly amusing.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Serena vs Madison Keys just started! :suspense:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Poor Eugenie. Out of all the sports in the world tennis was the last one I expected to have an athlete suffer a concussion.

• Locked thread