Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Yeah, I picked up mine for $20. I've got two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I have literally zero dollars anywhere right now, otherwise I would have.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

laptop came in, now i truely am computing on the go like a proper 21st-century renaissance man

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Enourmo posted:

laptop came in, now i truely am computing on the go like a proper 21st-century renaissance man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoiRIZHrB2I

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Geirskogul posted:

For the tie rods, I'm thinking about picking up one of these. Does anybody know if they're any good?

They're apparently really good, though I've never used one personally (because I'm lucky enough to have never had one that didn't just let go after a good whack on the side).
That little rig with the bottle jacks is impressive.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

The Locator posted:

Since I'm already on T-Mobile, I figured there can't really be a coverage downside. I've never actually done a phone/carrier swap myself before, so I need to look into how (or if) I can move all my apps and contacts etc. from the Samsung to the Nexus. Thinking I'll just get an unlocked phone from Amazon and then I can use it on T-mobile or Fi either way.

As far as the invites go, I applied for an invite and it came less than 48 hours later, so apparently it's not very hard to get the invite right now.

If you have Google integration on your Samsung, when you sign into your account on your new phone all your contacts will be imported. Google store apps will be available to download under the "My Apps" section of the Google Play store.

The Prong Song fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 1, 2015

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Geirskogul posted:

Well, let's figure out, from the pictures, which really specific, required tool I have yet to purchase.

It worked after much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then both jacks fell onto my ankles, but I was so happy about the victory that I didn't care.
For the tie rods, I'm thinking about picking up one of these. Does anybody know if they're any good?
That's an impressive level of rigging, nicely done.

MrChips posted:

While my car is in the shop for hail damage, the rental company gave me a Ford Taurus as a loaner. It's too big, with too much wasted space, you sit too high and it wallows like a whale.
Parked my rental (Hyundai Sonata) next to one of these the other day. They're absolutely massive, looks like a short SUV. Sonata itself isn't too terrible but the transmission can't make up it's drat mind about what gear it wants to be in which is annoying as hell.

Sigma X posted:

If you have Google integration on your Samsung, when you sign into your account on your new phone all your contacts will be imported. Google store apps will be available to download under the "My Apps" section of the Google Play store.
Works on Motorola's as well using Motorola Migrate, really nice when switching phones. Had the option to move all apps, music, pictures and probably more just by putting the phones close to each other.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Tauruschat:
I just crossposted this rental one in the Shitlord Post Your Own Ride Thread,

Notice how it's wider, longer, and near as dammit as tall as the Jeep mid-size SUV 2 spots over.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Every time I've sat in a new Taurus I've gotten the distinct impression that it was originally going to be a crossover then somebody in marketing said that they needed a car so they just quickly lowered it and gave it a trunk.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Geirskogul posted:

Well, let's figure out, from the pictures, which really specific, required tool I have yet to purchase.

It worked after much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then both jacks fell onto my ankles, but I was so happy about the victory that I didn't care.

In a similar vein, how do you bleed the brakes when your family and friends aren't around and you don't own a bleeder kit/tool?

:hfive:
\/\/

stone soup fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 1, 2015

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I did the exact same thing, using the plastic box for the vacuum bleeder as the base, a bottle jack as the "spring," and a block of wood to cantilever down onto the bus's weird brake pedal angle.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
Went to lunch today and found this cute little bugger abandoned in the parking lot next to the shop:

There's some kind of plastic gadget thing with a push-button inside it; whatever it is, it no longer works. Something on the top of the head was also torn off, leaving just some frayed strands. I have no idea what to do with it, but it's just too darn cute to simply throw away.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Brother in law is coming into town tomorrow and The Old Battle Axe is loving losing it making everything perfect. She gave me a huge list of ridiculous poo poo to do and then got mad at me when I had the audacity to finish before her.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, I picked up mine for $20. I've got two.

I have two different styles.

The style you linked to is available at harbor freight with lifetime warranty.

Worked a treat on my car.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Root Bear posted:

Went to lunch today and found this cute little bugger abandoned in the parking lot next to the shop:

There's some kind of plastic gadget thing with a push-button inside it; whatever it is, it no longer works. Something on the top of the head was also torn off, leaving just some frayed strands. I have no idea what to do with it, but it's just too darn cute to simply throw away.

Looks like the thing on top was just a keyring loop, and the button said "oh no". Also, of the dozen or so different designs of Y2K Bug plush toys listed on eBay, your parking lot find is the least creepy looking. Congratulations

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I heard something that sounded suspiciously like knocking coming from my motor while next to a building today. I've been too scared to actually go out and look at it/listen to it, telling myself that I'll do it tomorrow when its light and I can really get see whats going on. I'm terrified that I'll find it is telling knock knock jokes when I've got 0 money available to fix it and any money I get goes immediately to bills and food/gas. :ohdear:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MustardFacial posted:

Brother in law is coming into town tomorrow and The Old Battle Axe is loving losing it making everything perfect. She gave me a huge list of ridiculous poo poo to do and then got mad at me when I had the audacity to finish before her.

My wife does that poo poo too.

"Okay, I'll do the kitchen and cat boxes, you do the living room and floors."

Half an hour later I'm done, and she'll bitch about me sitting down cause she's still working. Sorry I didn't gently caress around on my phone every three minutes, I like not doing housework so it gets done far more quickly.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Holy poo poo that gets me, too. I'll be able to pick up, vacuum, sweep, then mop the downstairs (all tile), do the litter box, clean out the water dish, take out the trash, and start a load of laundry, in maybe a two hour span. I'll either be listening to a podcast or listening to nothing at all. She, on the other hand, will watch Netflix in-between bites of food, or between painting each nail, or between picking up each dirty dish to take downstairs.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Geirskogul posted:

Holy poo poo that gets me, too. I'll be able to pick up, vacuum, sweep, then mop the downstairs (all tile), do the litter box, clean out the water dish, take out the trash, and start a load of laundry, in maybe a two hour span. I'll either be listening to a podcast or listening to nothing at all. She, on the other hand, will watch Netflix in-between bites of food, or between painting each nail, or between picking up each dirty dish to take downstairs.

Yeah, women seem to have a "cleaning day" every week and a "cleaning weekend" every month.

Men have a "cleaning hour" when needed.

and what's the deal with airline peanuts.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Same. I usually throw a podcast on my phone, and just walk around getting poo poo done.

I also listen to farrrrr too many podcasts.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Well the Mazda pickup is smoking like crazy now, didn't even go away like it usually does after I warmed it up and drove down the block. Some of the plugs look oily. I tested compression and it was 120 all around with one at 140ish. I'm thinking it has to be valve seals, a project I didn't want to do but at least it should be cheap?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

iwentdoodie posted:

My wife does that poo poo too.

"Okay, I'll do the kitchen and cat boxes, you do the living room and floors."

Half an hour later I'm done, and she'll bitch about me sitting down cause she's still working. Sorry I didn't gently caress around on my phone every three minutes, I like not doing housework so it gets done far more quickly.

We must be married to the same woman. She had bathrooms, mop the floors, make dinner.

I had wash the car and clean inside obviously, change the air filter, take old beer bottles out, vacuum the whole house, find a way to get Manchester United games on our TV. Even after doing all of that I still did the rest of the floors she didn't finish.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

MustardFacial posted:

We must be married to the same woman. She had bathrooms, mop the floors, make dinner.

I had wash the car and clean inside obviously, change the air filter, take old beer bottles out, vacuum the whole house, find a way to get Manchester United games on our TV. Even after doing all of that I still did the rest of the floors she didn't finish.

You want to be right, or be happy?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
WHERE'S THE NEW GODDAMNED THREAD

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Right here buddy!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bolind posted:

Right here buddy!

I FOUND IT.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Geirskogul posted:

Lol did you try smacking it with a hammer?? :roflolmao:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

corn in the fridge posted:

Lol did you try smacking it with a hammer?? :roflolmao:

ofc, he used the one built into his ratchet.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I used every hammer I had.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

wallaka posted:

You want to be right, or be happy?

I'm still trying to find a way to be both. I am not a smart man.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

KozmoNaut posted:

Unfortunately, the soundtrack will literally never get any better, because it's all Moog's music.

It's not that offensive, though, and the only not-awesome thing about the show.

He's a good producer, thing is he tries so many genres that he has little understanding of. He's done a 'dubstep' track and it has babby's first wub presets in it and every time I hear it I get angry. He seems a lot better at the trancey stuff but all in all it's the music that I hate in a show that I otherwise love.

It's just a shame there's people out there with no taste that've bought his music which just encourages him to do more. :/

I miss Top Gear's soundtracks as they were mostly just things from my music collection.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

88h88 posted:

I miss Top Gear's soundtracks as they were mostly just things from my music collection.

...that even the BBC couldn't play on its own affiliate stations in other countries without being censored in a lot of cases, nevermind some gear heads from down under with a youtube channel. Most American network tv car shows have crap techno/butt rock soundtracks too, in addition to their garbage content.

also quit posting here its October now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Rhyno posted:

WHERE'S THE NEW GODDAMNED THREAD

bolind posted:

Right here buddy!

• Locked thread