Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big business man
Sep 30, 2012

a win-win!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Tempest_56 posted:

She voted for war once, you know. That means we hate her forever. And something about Walmart? So she's totally evil.

hmm ya, the iraq war vote

thats ancient history, why should that matter? :rolleyes:

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

This would be remotely salient if BernBern wasn't also pro-Intervention and pro-Drone strike and a Friend of Isreal, e.g., he's just as hawkish as Hilldawg.

he's not really at all and HRC was known even among the senior Obama foreign policy team as one of the most hawkish

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

He is all of those things I said. He's been pro-Intervention, pro-Drone (he just said, like last week0ish he wouldn't stop drone strikes) and he's been clear he's a Friend of Isreal.

Remind me for a sec, what was the vote tally for the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002?

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/hillary-clinton-jewish-donors-israel-119705

:allears:

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Franco Potente posted:

Why respond to a question, when I can simply shift the goalposts!

The stellar Bernie vs. Hillary posting debate continues apace.

what was the question?

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Nonsense posted:

Why is Bernie a warhawk and murderer of Levant peoples?

He's a US politician?

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

:lol: if you think Republicans would work with him as President.

Right, as opposed to noted friend-of-the-right, Hillary Clinton?

Which Democratic nominee would they work with?

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Sucking the organizational and ideological base of third parties, or potential third parties, into the Democratic party is a well-observed phenomenon though. The Rainbow Coalition for example sucked up a number of black maoist organizations into the Party. You can look at exactly the same thing happening right now in the UKPOL thread as droves of greens and reds rejoin Labour.

well hopefully Bernie drops out soon so the current black maoist organizations have a chance to become viable

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Agreed, friend.

me too, unironically.

in other news the international labor union i work for has finished tallying up our internal poll amongst our membership for the 2016 presidential race. hillary easily is #1

#2? Donald Trump :getin:

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

Then you're not going to be a very effective advocate for change. If you want to fix a problem, you have to understand why it is broken.

Would you rather the DOJ have dropped a few civil rights cases instead? Maybe not investigated the Ferguson PD?

or maybe they could have actually prosecuted some of the corporations and people directly responsible for the largest financial catastrophe in a generation? :whatup:

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

Except she's willing to make compromise deals with the power special interests in a way that Sanders is not.

well now im sold

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Brannock posted:

This is from three hours ago so please forgive me for dredging up an old post (and I'm sorry to continue the slapfight) but these accusations are completely bullshit. Andichu here you go, an extensively sourced comparison of the two on issues I find important, as well as a pretty good illustration of why Clinton is a literal lizard person. At least this is some actual concrete stuff instead of whining about ideological purity and strategical voting. Actual issues!

Mental gymnastics, eh? :jerkbag: You're so much smarter than that Andichu, why stoop down to this level?

no but see HRC expressed that she was sorry for some of these votes and she has learned from her mistakes and blasdjgalsdgjasl;dgjas

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

MaxxBot posted:

I take more issue with her past support for "tough on crime" legislation and the drug war than her past stances on gay rights (saying this as a gay male) because she still thinks those positions were legitimate. When she was questioned by BLM activists she seemed to think that the incredibly harsh and draconian prison sentences were a legitimate response to the crime wave, I completely disagree and think that they were a flawed and deeply immoral response. Sure Hillary no longer supports those policies because we no longer have sky high crime rates, but would she change her mind again if crime started going back up?

whoa cool it with the :shillary: tia

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

She said that they were the right idea, at the time. Which, even a lot of criminologists have said was what they were suggesting at the time. It's only now, with 20~ years of data can we say it was bad policy. She has said, repeatedly, that we need to end the era of mass incarceration and work towards community-based solutions for crime.

Given that the majority of Americans had that same general trajectory.

I too think that things 'the majority of Americans' support are a good indicator of moral righteousness

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

The fact that you think primaries should be about "moral righteousness" indicates a lot.

:wow:

maybe try reading before posting

I was responding to the notion that saying "Hillary's 'evolving' stance on same-sex marriage was totally understandable because the 'majority of Americans supported it'"

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

What are you talking about? I was just listing other common reasons for supporting a candidate in a primary.

I think you'll also find even Sanders isn't perfect in his "moral righteousness" since he still supports Israel, droning, etc. But obviously, that is a compromise that you find acceptable. Its why one person's "moral righteousness" is another's "moral hypocrisy".

You don't go to war in Iraq because it is bad for American policy interests.

I can make all sorts of valid moral arguments for the invasion of Iraq, but I can make far fewer arguments that it was in American policy interest.

Hell, the one person who voted against the GWOT in the house did so because she couldn't write a blank check not because she opposed war on moral grounds.

why is it that no criticism can ever be levied towards HRC without the dedicated Hillary 2016 campaigners ITT coming out with 'well Bernie is terrible because ___________'

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Except it is totally understandable?

It's not really, though? The LGBT movement didn't begin in 2013

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Every major politician from both parties from the last two decades have held that same view, as did a large majority of the American people. Like even HOWARD DEAN wasn't pro-gay marriage in 2004.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

You big doofus, people knew it was wrong 45 years ago when Law And Order was Nixon's answer to antiwar and antiracist riots! People knew back then what it was all about and that people like Clinton, Giuliani, Reagan, and Nixon were all wrong about crime.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

don Jaime posted:

So now that this thread has devolved into "THAT BITCH! THAT WHORE!! WHO WOULD VOTE FOR THAT SLUT?!? i'll vote for her if bernie loses," can we gas the whole election forum? Because I thought it existed to contain that from D&D, and it's failing horribly.

Seriously, six pages of this loving poo poo.

yeah that's exactly what the thread has devolved to

really cutting analysis there

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

SedanChair posted:

Politicians who supported gay marriage (or any sort of gay rights) simply would not have been electable 10 years ago. 5 years ago, even. If you want a person who's been outspoken and perfect on gay rights for their entire career, wait 30 years. Then disdain them for not being outspoken on whatever sort of rights we suddenly decide are essential at that time.

There's a certain fellow from Vermont...

:smug:

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I was specifically talking about the policy of war on drugs, I did not address welfare form. Those are separate issues.

Also bullshit, the War on Drugs has been controversial as hell since the day it began

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

no it's literally 1994 vintage PC GONE MAD, hth. poor old jerry seinfeld can't make fun of the faggots anymore, boo hoo

uh no that's not it at all. it's more like college students not wanting to read huckleberry finn because of the word 'friend of the family,' hth

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

Are there any actual, non-anecdote examples of this happening outside of comedians mocking the fags and trannies?

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=students+protesting+speaker

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Trump could have ended Jeb's campaign right then and there by pulling a "too slow." He had the perfect opportunity and blew it.

would have been too good for words

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

It's even more hilarious to me because it really seems like JEB! is saying this crap about his brother out of pride and/or the desire to protect the family name.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

If you're not willing to throw your family under the bus on the way to the White House, you're just not Presidential material.

if your family happens to be the same one as GWB, yes agreed

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Hillary is proposing a $250/mo cap on prescription costs today so congratulations to Hedge Fund Loser Man for loving his industry until the end of time.

ya can't wait for congress to pass this law, a thing that will definitely happen

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

for context, Pope Francis name dropped a lady (in the us capitol, no less) who said this:

Dorothy Day, Jan 1970 posted:

If we had had the privilege of giving hospitality to a Ho Chi Minh, with what respect and interest we would have served him, as a man of vision, as a patriot, a rebel against foreign invaders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Xandu posted:

I don't think it is, he's been fairly consistent about this point.

From last August:

"Ryan: Everybody says that. Look, I make my decisions on what I feel is right for me and my family. That’s a job where you’re expected to travel all weekend. My kids are 9, 11 and 12 years old. I’m doing Cub Scouts, cross country, soccer, Mass with my family, and I’m just not going to spend my weekends away from my family. It’s just that simple."

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/paul-ryan-doesnt-want-be-speaker

*runs for vice president*

• Locked thread