Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
You have my axe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
My man, if you buy that trail of tears on wheels, I myself shall carry your avatar to the Halls of Valhalla.

want a surprise themed one or just the tag?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Get me some detail shots of the engine and I can tell you what it was frankenstein ed together with. Specifically intake runner, carb/s, distributor, and the number stamped on the case halves will be the easiest source of ID. Generator too while you're at it. Hell, anything that's still Volkswagen on that car I can point you in the right direction, a picture of the fuse block with wiring colors etc. Also with the body gone I'm sure you know the frame number on the back of the tunnel.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm almost entirely positive that's a 6V stock 1200 engine. Affectionately known in the community as the '40 horse.'

E:

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Sep 4, 2015

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The Bradley is sitting on at least a 1968 pan, it's 4 lug. If it's a swing axle 4 lug, it's a '68 standard manual (68 autistic got IRS, and was standardized across all bugs Standard and Super from '69 on). Get me pics of the bug parts in there and I can narrow it down further. Whatever year it is, it's definitely a standard because the Bradley doesn't fit on a Super pan. If you can't find the chassis number on the tunnel, get pics of the motor and heater flap knobs and seat belt latches since the stock seats are gone.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

My name is Maximus Diximus Inchius, commander of the hipsters of the Pacific Northwest, General of the Shitpost Legions, loyal servant to the true moderator, Marcus Owncalculus. Owner of a lowered 'dub, driver of the lowered lyfe. And I will have my sick stance, in this thread or the next.
________________/

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The punch line I use is "iredeemably broken and trying to kill me."

Welcome home friend. We all float down here.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
hail satan

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So basically Nate Falls, this is the curious position you now find yourself in. Nobody truly knows if they have it inside them to become one of history's greats. Nobody truly knows what path to choose, whether it be better to shine bright and beautiful, an incandescent ball of fire ripping through the atmosphere on a course to create such an impact on every single life watching your journey that 65 million years later we still know about it. Or whether it is better to sit back in that chair, dim the lights down, and for the next thirty years of your life try to convince your best friends Jack and Jim that you made the responsible choice. It will never sit well every time you lose that argument to an empty glass bottle.

It's totally up to you where this story ends.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Better not be eyeing a name change to Nate Fails bucko :colbert:

The silence in this thread had better be because that thing has its ovipositor jammed so far down your throat preparing your fleshy host body for its brood that your pubes have turned into horsehair

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Sep 5, 2015

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Nate Falls posted:

It's cool, I didn't much like money or sanity anyway.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Indiana cast his eyes across the wind swept walls of the cavern, noting the hundreds, no, thousands of tool boxes filling every available space. Hand chiseled into place, delicately fitted, the somber silence oppressive in its hollow emptiness. Chests of all sizes, ten and twenty feet long, polished tops. Drawers filled with glittering chrome and matte black finish, special tools of all make and size.

His eyes settle on a battered bio hazard orange roll cart towards the back. The drawer handles with epoxied box cutter blades, the thin legs rusted with age. On its top, a crudely painted symbol of the people's car, the VW inside a cogged wheel motif not used in centuries. Three words surround the glyph, Schmerz Macht Frei.

"That's it," he declares. "That's the cart of a masochist."

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

leica posted:

But if 14 ever gets a Biturbo Nate has to give that sword right the gently caress back :colbert:

So are you just completely ignoring the point of Highlander?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Nate Falls posted:

Someone has suggested to me that the quickest way to rectify the floppy poo poo body pan on the vw would be to just install a body lift kit on the pan. Conform/deny that this is a possibility if time gets short?

I'm totes fine with using free bedframes from craigslist as frame reinforcements for budget reasons, but, just looking at my options.

I just want to confirm here that you did in fact go out to the.....vehicle...in question, looked at it in person with your own two eyes, then asked for advice on which method of repair would be correct to use, am I following it correctly?

God drat, I can almost remember what that blend of thought and emotion feels like.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

leica posted:

There can be only one.

*cue Queen soundtrack*

I AM IMMORTAL

I HAVE IN ME THE BLOOD OF KINGS

I HAVE NO RIVAL

NO MAN CAN BE MY EQUAL

TAKE ME TO THE FUTURE OF YOUR WOOOOOOORLD

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The hood ornament makes me want to see it featured in Monday Night Rehabilitation.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I like it because the artist was straight up honest about why they drew it and not like some other comics where people shoehorn their wierd personal fetishes in like the one with the chick with giant tits and no arms

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Now tell them what you told me about how you plan on getting that thing to move 100 miles.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Nate Falls posted:

Man, I just...c'mon man, I have no idea what I'nm doing. I fuckin' wanted to tow that thing behind my 48hp truck that barely makes it up the 14 with a jetski in the bed. And then I was like I DUNNO, THROW THE BATTERY IN IT AND SPRAY SOME STARTER IN THERE AND DRIVE IT 100 MILES IT'LL BE FUCKIN FINE

If you get thst thing started you're going to feel like you're sitting on 2,000 horsepower of nitro boosted war machine, and I give you about a five minute head start before the war party catches up :v:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Gomi Day posted:

you absolutely need to do this.

i am utterly riveted by this thread. holy poo poo.

You ever smell Nitro exhaust? And then think that putting that poo poo in your mouth is a good idea?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Krakkles posted:

That seems like something YOU would think, to be honest.

I feel like it is my job to be the voice of reason in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Wally Joyner posted:

This is amazing to me for the simple fact you brought this beast into a mechanic. Did you give him any warning of what he was in for? I can't imagine how that conversation went.

The next thing you should do bring it to various valet services.

Typically it's the sound of what could be mistaken as one single loud firecracker set off in the parts room followed by a heavy muffled thud and silence

• Locked thread