Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

In

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote Lumpen

Still getting over being sick, I'll be more active tomorrow

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##unvote

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I wonder how many posts it will be before Lumpen comes in and gloriously declares that his vote is what got me posting again this game.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Agree with Jake and Lumpen that Keane you are reading waaaay too much into what Jake said

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

Yes, and then lumpen brought up a better point.

Can you expand on why you think Lumpen has a good point? Because I absolutely cannot see it unless you are assuming Jake is very bad at being scum.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Section 31 posted:

##vote Tremendous Taste

:tipshat:

What's this vote about?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

chaoslord posted:

Can you expand on why you think Lumpen has a good point? Because I absolutely cannot see it unless you are assuming Jake is very bad at being scum.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

Lumpen's point is that JakeP was deflecting away from you, it is pretty obvious and I don't know why you wouldn't see that.

Because it doesn't make any sense to me and that's why I was hoping you could lay it out for me. I was at -4 in a very slow moving game. Deadline is a day and change away. The two votes on me were Lumpen who has promised to vote out a lurker and DBD who followed suit. I had said I would be here to post today. You put all that together and I'm in no danger unless someone was going to throw down a dayvig on me.

From there, you're saying that a scum Jake with me as his scum buddy decided the best course of action was to come into the thread and defend me.

Absolute best case from him doing that? No one notices it. If I show up as promised, then Lumpen's vote would be moving (and since has) and DBD's likely will too since his vote was "Good idea Lumpen." Life moves on and people forget that Jake said it. Worst case? Jake gets called out for it. It is a "Medium risk no reward" play if we're scumbros.

I feel like it's an insult to me to say that I would sign off on a play like that haha

If you want to say he was trying to build town cred for if I ended up flipping (which I believe was your first point), go for it, but in no way is Lumpen's trying to link the two of us together a better point.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Lumpen posted:

What a terrible, Scummy post, chaoslord! There were a lot of words in it, though.

If you think that is a lot of words you should have seen the first draft

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Lumpen posted:

Are you saying that you are self-consciously putting your calculated, overdefensive awkward posts through multiple drafts?

Sure, why not?

If my post is not effectively going to get my point across, I'm wasting my time. I type whatever comes to mind then edit out the rambly bits to make things concise. Don't need to have someone read ten sentences if I realize I can get the point across in two.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

GulagDolls posted:

chaoslord's meta is being a weirdo.

:argh:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I really do not want to be on the same vote as Lumpen and Keane :ohdear:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

Then get on one of us.

You still have a vote.

Didn't you just have a game where you "couldn't vote" as VT?

I am thinking it over, yes. It is good to know you are around though!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

The only issue I have with your post, Lumpen, is this part

Lumpen posted:

It occurs to me that your mind may be more focused on posting an excuse to avoid voting bowmore. Why do this?

Your conclusion follows your premise that I'm scum and you're looking for scum tells by me. From that, it's a fair enough argument.

From where I'm sitting, though, I don't need an excuse to not vote bowmore. It would be very easy to sit far away, come in here at twenty minutes to deadline, and go "Oh no, deadline is here, looks like I better vote <voteleader>." Or I could have come into the thread this morning and gone "YEP keane's a bad guy vote keane". When I have those two options available to me, among probably many others, I don't see what the scum motivation for myself would be to make the post(s) I did. They draw unnecessary attention to myself and run the risk of having me linked for no gain when I have other options that get the same alleged goal across (not voting bowmore) without the extra attention.

But we will disagree on that I'm sure.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote Lumpen

I just can't wrap my head around why scum bowmore would counterclaim lumpen, doubly so with as sloppy as it was. I feel better about this.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oh hey, this is open again.

##vote Keane

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

I also really want to hear from chaoslord regarding his vote on me.

I just don't like your play. You seem all over the place and I can't figure you out. You got on to DBD yesterday for saying he would vote with the majority and then you posted "I'm still on Lumpen's side" followed six minutes later by moving your vote onto Lumpen, saying "Okay." You then moved your vote back to bowmore with just "Okay." I don't see how you can think what DBD said was scummy and then do that. Add that to the jake/me thing earlier and I think you're just floating around trying to get on whatever you can get to stick.

Plus add in a ~meta read~ where this doesn't seem like a Keane game I'm used to reading. Feels off and I don't like it.

Finally, I knew I would have limited access last night and today so I wanted to make sure I had on paper who I wanted to vote in case anything happened and we had a short day, and on top of that I was hoping to see more of a reaction than just "hmm?" from you.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

:ghost: clicked on this thread to check something real quick (no new posts were listed yet) and was greeted with my death when it loaded. go town :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I knew there was something up with Keane :argh:

• Locked thread