Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Howie hated supermarkets. He hated going to them, and the crowds, and the buzzing flourescent lights, the open-case freezers that were, well, freezing, those snooty cashier ladies that wouldn't go on a date with you even if you were freakin' Tom Hanks, the millions of aisles you never knew where anything was in, and he especially hated working for the Yum-Ee Food Palace.

Oh, he abhorred it.

He was wheeling a dolly of cereal boxes down aisle seven when he heard the noises. He didn't notice them at first; he was lost in a fantasy that each box he was stamping $1.39 was really the bald head of his boss Fred Lunt, the manager of the market. So he didn't hear the crunching noises until they were close. Howie noticed his shadow flickering in front of him so he turned to see the blue light, and his bloodcurdling scream filled the market as cereal scattered onto the floor!

It sounds like Philadelphia once again needs the...

Something Awful and West End Games present

Directed and Ghostmastered by Waffleman_
Written by Scott Haring

Starring

Vicissitude as Kevin Tanner
Green Intern as Wizard
Epicurius as Sam Howard

Music

It's a quiet Tuesday morning at Philadelphia Ghostbusters HQ on Chestnut. The rest is quite welcome coming off of your most recent job taking care of a tour guide's ghost at Independence Hall, and the three of you are doing your own thing as the Anna Young, your secretary, files her nails at the front desk. The silence is broken by the ringing of the telephone. So much for a nice day off. Anna picks up the phone as she is paid by Ghostbusters International to do.

"Hello, Philadelphia Ghostbusters, where we're ready to believe you. Hello? Excuse me, sir, you're going to have to calm down! Alright, let me transfer you to one of our Busters. Hey guys! Someone take this!"

So, what have you been doing all morning? Also, what one interesting thing happened at the Independence Hall job? And more importantly, which one of you is going to take this call from a very frantic man?!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Sep 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wizard is greeted, like most calls to GB HQ, by a man who is yelling very loud.

"This is Fred Lunt, the manager of Yum-Ee Food Palace on Tenth! Listen, there's something here and it's eating my supermarket! Get over here, quick!" In the background, you can hear crunching. "It's a big blue light, plowed right inside, started EATING things! It's in aisle 7 right now, eating all my cereal! Your ad says free introductory inspection, no obligation! Please, get over here before it gets into the detergent!"

And the line abruptly clicks. Well, that doesn't sound good.

"Should I tell the mayor to reschedule our meeting, boys?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Epicurius gets 2 Brownie Points because this is the kinda posting I had in mind for this game, good start on the comedy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's no problem to get the ECTO to the Yum-Ee Food Palace, it's only 10 minutes away. It's close to some of the neighborhoods around here and looks like your average supermarket, big yellow sign, big windows with huge holes in them...Well, maybe that part's weird. There's also the blue light flickering inside and the sounds of crashing, crunching, screaming, and your average inhuman moans. There's a sizeable crowd gathered outside on the parking lot that start cheering when you come up. As you bask in the glow of your fans and make your way through the mob, you get a better look at the store, which is a mess. There's broken glass everywhere and all the things the broke it are strewn about; a large bag of dog food, burning fireplace logs, and enough detergent to wash the Phillies' uniforms for an entire season. Similar junk continues to fly out of the windows every so often, with the crowd giving the store a wide berth.

The automatic doors open and through the doorway comes a figure. It looks human, but it's only five feet tall and completely dead white. The people take one look and retreat screaming. The figure is wearing corduroy slacks and a cardigan sweater, has glasses, and is completely bald except for a thin wisp of white hair. It brushes at itself, leaving a trail of white powder as it comes closer with a low moan!

What are you gonna do, Ghostbusters?!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Ah, I didn't see you at first, that thing threw flour all over me! I'm Fred Lunt, the man who called you. Listen, that THING has my head cashier held hostage, I need you to get in there and get it out!"

As Wizard questions Lunt, it's clear he's not in the mood for idle banter, but acquiesces to your expertise. "One of our clerks, Howard Garriott, was stocking the shelves when that thing came up behind him. He bolted out of the store and down the street faster than a cheetah! He's probably at the Liberty Bell by now! Now, do you have any more questions, or are you going to do your jobs?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wow! This store's a real mess! Food and housewares are strewn everywhere, shopping carts are upturned and stacked to the ceiling, and posters advertising sales are ripped to bits. Whipped cream is sprayed like graffiti on the bread aisle. There's a curious pattern of bananas around a stack of National Enquirers. The only sounds you can hear are the muzak and crunching noises from aisle seven. Most aisles only have certain things in disarray. In one aisle, a five foot block of ketchup and sauces is blown into the aisle, with a similar disorder of detergents in another aisle. The whole place looks like a cross between a landfill and a Jackson Pollock piece.

You see a sheet of newspaper blow across the floor and hit one of you in the leg. Could it be a clue? Nah, probably just junk. What's important now is those sounds in aisle 7.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There's nothing significant about the pattern of bananas, but since you rolled a ghost, you do slip on a discarded peel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

As you approach aisle 7 after helping Sam up on his feet, you come across quite a sight. A truly bizarre ghost is running--make that floating--rampant through the cereal section. Open boxes and cereal flakes cover the floor around an unconscious woman laying below the ghost. The ghost has a head like a vacuum attachment with a long horizontal mouth and a pair of googly eyes on top. Running from the back of its head...you guess...like a large throat is what looks like a ribbed tube or pipeline about a foot across and seven feet long, vanishing into invisibility a few feet above the floor. But you shouldn't look at that point for too long, it hurts your eyes. There are four ghostly hands around the entity, each holding a box of Flakey Jake Barley Flakes. The whole thing is about nine feet long.

The unconscious woman looks about 25 and is wearing a Yum-Ee uniform. She also appears to be covered in lard.

The ghost is pouring box after box of cereal into its mouth and throwing the boxes aside. The boxes are piled high, all name-brand stuff too. About half the section is gone. The cereal pulsates down the tube as the ghost gobbles it down before disappearing into nothingness. It doesn't seem to be paying you much mind.

Neato burrito! An actual ghost! Choose your next actions wisely, Ghostbusters!

• Locked thread