Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Well... there's definitely nothing REMOTELY homoerotic about that menu screen there.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

With respect to BJ being a spy, I remember the old adage: 'If nobody's left, nobody saw you'.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

We're gonna kill Rudi's dog in front of his eyes, aren't we?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Pennfalath posted:

Edit regine cineres hic sarcophagus habet.

"This sarcophagus holds the ashes of the queen Eadgyth." It's a real inscription http://www.bristol.ac.uk/news/2010/7073.html

...which part of that inscription refers to Eadgyth?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Neruz posted:

Invading Russia is a terrible idea and unless you happen to be called Genghis Khan you are best advised not to do it.

Or Tamerlane.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Is a Shakespearean theme going to present throughout the game? 'Cause I could see Helga going out the 'George Plantagenet' way.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

BJ's next mission; to hunt down the heads of IBM, preventing the development of computers as we know them; in short - destroying the chances of Castle Wolfenstein from ever being created in the first place!

Also, wouldn't it have been much, much easier to blow those vulnerable parts on the super-soldiers with the shotgun?

Edit: Oh my God, was that beggar on the street supposed to be one of the Edelweiss Pirates? With the flower in his cap and all?

Samovar fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Sep 23, 2015

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I like B.J.'s laconic...ism? In the fight with Rudi.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

For a moment I thought the execution of Rudi was going to involve him being eaten alive by his own dog.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Now of all the tortures that B.J.'s had to go through, drinking an entire goblet of corked wine must be the worst.

Also, that scene with his accent was very reminicent of Hans Lada talking to the team at the cinema in Inglorious Basterds.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I was slightly saddened that Blazko didn't mutter 'Hallelujah' after his line at 09:23.

What happpens if you take tea with Pippa before you go off with the waiter job?

Also, the music at the end I would say was the best in the episode; not the Nazi zombie chase-down.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Cythereal posted:

I also got the impression that Annette is a lesbian, but it's hard to tell under the circumstances and in 1946 it's highly unlikely it would be openly discussed due to the severe Nazi backlash even in real world history against the Weimar Republic period of the 1920s and 1930s in Germany that saw a significant rise in homosexuality and feminism becoming more accepted and open. In real world history a large part of the German ultra-right's anger and rise to power was shutting all of that down on grounds that it was immoral, eroding the fabric of society by women claiming independence from and equality with men and both genders becoming more open about sexuality, and so on and so forth.

It's not often remembered that 1920s Germany saw a remarkable flowering of social liberation and the arts before the rise of the ultra-right.

You should read the Brown Plague by Daniel Guérin to get an idea of how Germany was changing from a 'liberated' 20s by the Nazi machine. Unsurprisingly, it's a sad book.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

anilEhilated posted:

Might be just me being slow but how exactly is a video game character's sexual orientation relevant to anything?

Well... when the bad guys of the game are Nazis, who were notorious for having treated (among many, many other peoples) homosexuals utterly horrendously, it can be a subtle bit of character development; like how it is hinted that Blazko has Jewish ancestry.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

It's been mentioned before, but one of the things that is endearing about Blazko is the fact he never... 'acts' like he's a 'bad-rear end', unlike, say Gears of War which also had stupidly muscular player-characters. Him being relatively quiet and understated makes him; well, a much better character.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

That dig site was quite Dark-Soulsey considering how it was interconnected the way it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I like that Helga pronounces Franz 'France' when she sees it's Blazko... but what type of an accent does she have? It's not like any German accent I know of.

Edit: 'Sie idiote'? Surely at that stage you'd just be saying 'du idiote'

Edit edit: Can't you cook the grenades so that they'll explode in it's mouth?

Samovar fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Oct 14, 2015

• Locked thread