Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
There's a lot of stupid shirts out there that some of you probably wear, so post them.

100% true based on personal experience:

:hist101:

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
shut up and take my moneys

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

i want this one because it perfectly sums up my 7 years ng/reserve with no deployments

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
scrolled through some lovely veterans facebook page, but only found one that kinda works.

Here's a whole bunch more dumb poo poo from them, though

http://ninelineapparel.com/veteran-inspired/

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
MOLON LABE

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

RIP

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

press x

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Slim Pickens posted:

scrolled through some lovely veterans facebook page, but only found one that kinda works.

Here's a whole bunch more dumb poo poo from them, though

http://ninelineapparel.com/veteran-inspired/

Nine line apparel

lol

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Literally any "design" T-Shirt you can buy at the PX on Pendleton

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
so veterans are basically the klingons

you speak ill of my honor and combat prowess!?!? *punch*

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Omi-Polari posted:

so veterans are basically the klingons

you speak ill of my honor and combat prowess!?!? *punch*

But imagine some balding skinnyfat dude with wireframe glasses saying/wearing it.

It's all 100% true, veterans are insufferable just like fresh recruits at inprocessing are, only instead of being motarded because they haven't gone through the soul crushing experience of Big Army, they are motarded because they forgot about how soul crushing that experience was.

Like, imagine being in the Army knowing full well that you'd be a giant retarded doucher if you used your assault pack as anything other than something to use in the field, but then 2 years later for some reason you feel utterly compelled to use it to carry your books and laptop at a major university. Never forget never forgive, never ACU nothin' again.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Teflon Don posted:

MOLON LABE

Every time I see this I think it's a medical condition.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
moron label

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Mike-o posted:

moron label

that's exactly how I read it in my mind

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Justin Tyme posted:

But imagine some balding skinnyfat dude with wireframe glasses saying/wearing it.

It's all 100% true, veterans are insufferable just like fresh recruits at inprocessing are, only instead of being motarded because they haven't gone through the soul crushing experience of Big Army, they are motarded because they forgot about how soul crushing that experience was.

Like, imagine being in the Army knowing full well that you'd be a giant retarded doucher if you used your assault pack as anything other than something to use in the field, but then 2 years later for some reason you feel utterly compelled to use it to carry your books and laptop at a major university. Never forget never forgive, never ACU nothin' again.

what are you talking about its great for getting pulled into the quick lane in airport security, one time some dude even traded me his first class seat because i was wearing it

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Ace of Baes posted:

what are you talking about its great for getting pulled into the quick lane in airport security, one time some dude even traded me his first class seat because i was wearing it

first class isn't worth the shame of wearing one of those dumbfuck shirts

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
the people who wear these shirts are the ones who blabber on about stolen valor

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

when i was on liberty and poo poo i did my damnedest to pretend i had nothing to do with the military

does that mean i committed stolen valor against civilians :ohdear:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Bolow posted:

when i was on liberty and poo poo i did my damnedest to pretend i had nothing to do with the military

I wore flip flops all the time off base :cool:

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Bolow posted:

for 28 days a month I pretend to be total civ, then drill weekend happens and I hate everything

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

first class isn't worth the shame of wearing one of those dumbfuck shirts

im talking about using your assault pack as a carry on when flying, not wearing dumb shirts

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

That's also dumb as poo poo unless you literally have nothing else to carry you stuff in.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Force de Fappe posted:

That's also dumb as poo poo unless you literally have nothing else to carry you stuff in.

yeah not waiting for 2 hours in security is dumb as poo poo, really need to impress random airport people ill never see again with my non-military-ness

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Ace of Baes posted:

yeah not waiting for 2 hours in security is dumb as poo poo, really need to impress random airport people ill never see again with my non-military-ness
Have you no self respe-ahaha, who am I kidding?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Ace of Baes posted:

Some sucker was standing behind me in line wearing an assault pack. Was that you?

With that said I wear my retard blue digi camo raincoat now because I lost my nice raincoat during mardigras. Its a hot, lovely raincoat and I regret having to use it because I am a poor.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Sep 10, 2015

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
only losers with something to prove wear this poo poo because their time in was an utter loving waste.

-A 10 time MOH recipient

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I don't think anyone here tries to pretend their time in was anything but an utter loving waste.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

was flying down to san francisco from toronto, was supposed to be on air canada but got code-shared with united instead.

Had a bunch of presents for US relatives so I had my old CF duffel bag and she goes to charge me for it but then asks "are you military", I say yes and she says, no poo poo "thank you for your service, we'll waive the charge today"

only time that's ever worked.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I never got free anything for being in uniform. The TSA waived me through security once and an awesome Boston airport bartender gave me a great loving tall glass of Guinness but that was it.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Suck my dick, army, I drank in uniform :cheers:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I don't think anyone here tries to pretend their time in was anything but an utter loving waste.

I would have wasted my early 20s anyhow, atleast this way I got paid to do it, made a few friends and got money to make sure I didn't waste my 30s-60s. poo poo could have been much, much worse

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Man, I missed out on the cool airline stuff bonanza. The most I ever received was a free jack and coke on a flight. Maybe I should invest in veteran t-shirts

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Booblord Zagats posted:

I would have wasted my early 20s anyhow, atleast this way I got paid to do it, made a few friends and got money to make sure I didn't waste my 30s-60s. poo poo could have been much, much worse

Seriously, I don't feel too bad about joining. I've got disability money to keep a safety net under myself, free college, and my Iraq deployment was the best and worst experience I had in the army. Lost a lot of friends, but I've got some of the closest friends I'll ever have in my life because I lucked out and had a ton of good dudes in a close-knit unit. I got out just as it was starting to get really dumb, and now I can do whatever the gently caress I want and not have to worry about the next paycheck and whether or not I'll have a job.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The only military themed shirt I'll wear is an old unit t-shirt with a small logo on the front. I don't think I've worn it to the airport though...I'll probably give that a shot and see if it helps. I always use my military ID if I'm carded for something though...never know. The only time that ever helped at an airport was a few weeks after I got out, though. Got an upgrade to "first class" on a loving 90 minute regional jet flight. :rolleyes:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mike-o posted:

Seriously, I don't feel too bad about joining. I've got disability money to keep a safety net under myself, free college, and my Iraq deployment was the best and worst experience I had in the army. Lost a lot of friends, but I've got some of the closest friends I'll ever have in my life because I lucked out and had a ton of good dudes in a close-knit unit. I got out just as it was starting to get really dumb, and now I can do whatever the gently caress I want and not have to worry about the next paycheck and whether or not I'll have a job.

Exactly. Though I really never lost anyone while in, but a few to suicide and one to a DUI after because I was a POG. But any POG who complains about how awful their enlistment was is obviously a poo poo bag or unfortunate enough to deal with Air Force pilots a lot

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bogarts
Mar 1, 2009
3%er moron labia

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
the only military thing I wear in public is my fleece cap because it fuckin rules

always ask for a mil discount tho

• Locked thread