Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

in LSL I fluked into 8th place on the backs of Condon, Neuvirth, and some ungodly combination of even more embarassing names so I'm feeling accomplished

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Aye Doc posted:

in LSL I fluked into 8th place on the backs of Condon, Neuvirth, and some ungodly combination of even more embarassing names so I'm feeling accomplished

It was at my expense too :x. I had a real lovely last few weeks. A lot of my team got hurt, and then Schneider went down which was even more devastating.

Weird thing is for a decent chunk of the year I was in 2nd. Ah well, my team was too hurt to do anything even had I limped in.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I finished worse than I did last year but losing half my goalie tandem for half the season and then Steen for the last 4-5 weeks sort of made that inevitable. I guess the one problem with the LSL's massive size is if one of your early round picks goes down your options for replacing their points are essentially 4th line grinders and ancient veterans having awful years, unless you can somehow get someone to trade away one of their sources of points that they can't replace either

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
My god awful LSL made the playoffs and if it wins even four categories I'll be loving amazed

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
my LSL team is pretty bad, but I rode the Holtby/Rask tandem to the playoffs and we'll see if they and a bunch of garbage players (and Taylor Hall) can help me repeat as champion. Just need to win all, or most, goalie categories and then faceoff/hit/block my way to the finals.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

T-Bone posted:

My god awful LSL made the playoffs and if it wins even four categories I'll be loving amazed

Hey, you're going up against my team in the first round, which is pretty much a guaranteed win for you. I've made the playoffs all four years I've been in the LSL and have lost the first round in the first three; including last year when I was second in the regular season also.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

welp you're currently leading the remaining teams in points scoring so far, so good job. If Chicago continue to slump I'm basically boned.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Stop making this competitive god damnit

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
haha, yea, this one is going down to the wire. we both have quite a few guys playing too

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I'VE NEVER BEEN DO HAPPY TO SEE CALVIN PICKARD IN MY LIFE!!!

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Veskit posted:

I'VE NEVER BEEN DO HAPPY TO SEE CALVIN PICKARD IN MY LIFE!!!

I agree. Pickard getting a win tonight might actually be the difference I need to finally win a playoff matchup in LSL.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
I'm playing T-Bone in both LSL and HSL this week.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

toe knee hand posted:

I'm playing T-Bone in both LSL and HSL this week.

I literally don't think there's a stat I have you beat on in totals in the LSL so of course I'll win

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

T-Bone posted:

mentholmoose posted:

Hey, you're going up against my team in the first round, which is pretty much a guaranteed win for you. I've made the playoffs all four years I've been in the LSL and have lost the first round in the first three; including last year when I was second in the regular season also.

Hey, look at that. Wonder if I can make it five in a row next year. :suicide:

I was literally a single goal and faceoff win from winning the matchup, too.

genki
Nov 12, 2003
My HHL team did way better than it should have, probably entirely on the back of holtby.

Man, keepers might be tough next year...

Also based on the scoring race right now, I'm happy to say keeping Karlsson over Benn wasn't a terrible decision! Haha. Sorry to see him go...

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Looks like I'm heading to the finals in the HHL, and the semis in the LOL -- but my teams are done in the Bettman and LSL.

Although I have a shot at coming back in the Bettman, maybe more of a shot if I hadn't started Murray today instead of Darling (I kind of deserve to lose that way after cycling like crazy like an rear end in a top hat).

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

5 blocked shots propel me forward another week in LSL. long live the hideous three headed goalie

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Talbot gave me a bit of hope with a few good weeks of play, but to my great surprise, my all-star tandem of Anderson and Talbot couldn't get it done for me in HHL.

Ah well.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

T-Bone posted:

Looks like I'm heading to the finals in the HHL, and the semis in the LOL -- but my teams are done in the Bettman and LSL.

Although I have a shot at coming back in the Bettman, maybe more of a shot if I hadn't started Murray today instead of Darling (I kind of deserve to lose that way after cycling like crazy like an rear end in a top hat).

Well, we split them, that's fair.

So since I'm out of HHL I just picked up next year's keepers on the waiver wire.

E: I guess there's still bronze but I'm mailing it in like Team Canada in bronze medal games.

toe knee hand fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Mar 28, 2016

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Yayayayayay I'm going to the finals for the first time ever in any of these goon run fantasy teams!

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
Nothing sucks worse than entering a fantasy pool as an 8th seed and tying the run away first team only to lose based on regular season match ups. Sadly, this isn't the first time this has happened to me! So close to pulling off the upset in the LOL.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
My HHL team, which barely even scraped into the playoffs, and which I traded away Ovechkin and Crawford from, is playing in the 5th place game, so that's pretty good.

My LSL team is a failure. I lost in the first round and will not be a back-to-back champion like I wished. Also the team is 100% garbage outside of net and a few of the forwards.

waxluthor
May 28, 2003

Wippersnapper posted:

Nothing sucks worse than entering a fantasy pool as an 8th seed and tying the run away first team only to lose based on regular season match ups. Sadly, this isn't the first time this has happened to me! So close to pulling off the upset in the LOL.

I think goals scored was the tiebreaker. Good match man, one more block you would've had me. I was lucky both of the d-men I picked up to replace my injured guys had good games last week.

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001
Finals of LSL, one and done in LOLHL. I would've predicted the opposite going into the playoffs too.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.

waxluthor posted:

I think goals scored was the tiebreaker. Good match man, one more block you would've had me. I was lucky both of the d-men I picked up to replace my injured guys had good games last week.

Honestly the part that annoys me the most is I picked up Bieksa and Kassian for extra blocks/hits. Bieksa went on DTD the next day and I was confused about the way Yahoo listed Kassian and thought he played Sunday. One of them gets a block and I win.

Oh well - based on the regular season I had no business winning anyways. Rinne really destroyed my season a lot of weeks.

genki
Nov 12, 2003
ah gently caress, my waiver for duchene in HHL missed by $4... well 5 I guess. Lame.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Gonna lose LSL thanks to Pekka "5.39 GAA" Rinne.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Well fought t-bone, but man the injuries and loving Rinne killed me.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I think there's another week, isn't there?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

T-Bone posted:

I think there's another week, isn't there?

Wait what i feel like I'm the ref and you just told me there's no rule that says a dog can't play baseball.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

There isn't another week, but i am going to show how this last minute waver wire for keepers business is broken in about 3 minutes!!!!

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001

toe knee hand posted:

Gonna lose LSL thanks to Pekka "5.39 GAA" Rinne.

Unless Gibson finishes off the shutout, that is.

EDIT:

Held on by loving 0.09 GAA

deadEd fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Apr 4, 2016

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
well after choking in the finals the first couple of years I suppose I was due

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
My friend nabbed a cheap keeper in Crosby thanks to someone (not naming names!) dropping him for Bo Hovart.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Twin Cinema posted:

My friend nabbed a cheap keeper in Crosby thanks to someone (not naming names!) dropping him for Bo Hovart.

Veskit posted:

There isn't another week, but i am going to show how this last minute waver wire for keepers business is broken in about 3 minutes!!!!

I was making the point that a 160 dollar crosby is useless to me because i'm not going to keep him next season, that's for sure, so why not dump him and get a dollar hovart. I figured someone would regulate it next year when someone has a 80 dollar crosby. Also I was bitter I lost so hard to injuries :colbert:

Veskit fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 6, 2016

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Twin Cinema posted:

I missed out on that Crosby by $4 thanks to spending half my budget on Duchene. :argh:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
yeah I'm not sure I'll allow that and also you would have lost anyway tbh my team was ridiculous I won that finals without a game of Duchene or Crawford

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
obviously it doesn't matter since you won it all, but man, the Ovechkin/Crawford/Ekblad trade ended up being pretty underwhelming for you. I feel kind of bad about what I got in return now.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
yeah it was probably overkill but oh well, that team was one of my better fantasy teams ever and it would have sucked to choke

Like to humble shittalk Veskit but in terms of team totals I had FOW/Hits/Blocks before that week even started and was 60/40 or better with you in every other stat except PIM. With only a half a season of McDavid and then adding Ovechkin/Ekblad my team offensive totals were actually under counted too. Even if I lost every goaltending category it ends up 7-6 (and I was pretty likely to take Wins with Chicago/LA goalies).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

It was a brutal loss and yeah you had it but remember i seriously lost Bieksa Russel Stone Vaken and Mackinnon so even if i wanted to i stood no chance with that lineup. Went further than i ever expected with this team though and my keepers were poo poo!

• Locked thread