Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
are HHL keepers still last years draft value + 50%?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I think I'm gonna have to keep Kessel, which I wasn't planning on doing. With the 20% increase he's at like $94 which seems like a steal.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Veskit posted:

Also to all LSL newbies, seriously draft a goalie within the first 3 picks, if not 2. It's insanely important.

I was about to call bullshit but then I looked and remembered I got Schneider in the 2nd round, and he led me to a championship...

Not really though. I won because I drafted really well. Hudler in the 12th, Forsberg in the 13th, Daley in the 20th whatup

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Two guys I'm definitely keeping are Gaudreau and Palat, and they will each cost me $1 extra this season. Total cost for the pair: $9

I just have to decide who my other two keepers will be.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Hmm, ok. Here are my HHL Keepers (Las Vegas Banditos) at least for now. I will let you know if I decide to change any of them at least a week before the draft.

Phil Kessel: $78->$94
Ondrej Palat: $2->$3
Johnny Gaudreau: $5->$6
Aaron Ekblad: $12->$14

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
if you want to go depressing you draft a bunch of enforcers and call the team 'suicide squad'

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
sorry in advance if the hurricane knocks out my power this weekend and I can't draft

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I only remember that happening like, 4 or 5 times last year

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
do you care if it's not a goon? I can ask one of my buddies who has been looking for a (relatively) serious fantasy hockey league

also, has someone not joined yet? I count 14 people in the league

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
alright, I'll ask and get back to you asap

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Ok, he'll play. I'll send you a PM with his email for the invite.

Do we have keepers finalized yet? I'll can send him a list of available keepers and ineligible keepers.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I vote for my friend

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I think we already have another draft that night

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
hey t-bone, I sent you a PM with his keepers, if you haven't checked yet.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I don't know if you already turned in your team yet, but I agree with keeping Holtby-Bishop over Price/Dubnyk. You'll get plenty of wins even if you get maybe 4 or 5 less shutouts over the year.

As for McDavid vs Monahan, that's a really tough one, but I think I tend to agree with you and Jordan. Monahan is already a proven guy, and a 30 goal scorer. The Flames got much better as a team, although I don't know if that will actually impact his numbers at all. I really like McDavid too but if everyone's taking him it's, like you said, a wash. He's been pretty great in the preseason but he's still a rookie and while he's definitely as sure of a thing as you can get, we don't really know how well he'll adjust yet. I was really high on Drouin last year and bought into the hype and he didn't live up to it. McDavid is obviously a much better player and prospect, but I'm always a little wary of going with a rookie.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I like my HHL team. I think I will do better than 13th this year.

Centers: Plekanec ($27), Krejci ($15), Couturier ($3)
Wings: Ovechkin ($150), Kessel (K-$94), Palat (K-$3), Gaudreau (K-$6), Moulson ($7), Vrbata ($11), Pastrnak ($16), Niederreiter ($10)
Defense: Ekblad (K-$14), Wisniewski ($5), Spurgeon ($1), Zidlicky ($2), Del Zotto ($3)
Goalies: Crawford ($66), Luongo ($61)

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 5, 2015

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
if it's any consolation, watching you and the other autodrafter brought a lot of joy into our lives. you guys blew through all your money by pick 26

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
My LSL team will live and die by goaltending, which is actually elite unlike you jokers above me. Hopefully I'll only need the rest of my roster to do just well enough to win 4 or 5 of the skater categories every week, I'll be relying on young players to step it up a lot either way.

Centers: Little, Barkov, Henrique, Desharnais, Couturier
Wing: Hall, Oshie, Drouin, Plotnikov, Hemsky, Pastrnak, Duclair, Wilson, Reaves, Rinaldo
Defense: Hedman, E. Johnson, Daley, Alzner, Hanifin, Johns (will be dropped immediately, wtf was i thinking)
Goalies: Holtby, Rask

Like I said - Barkov, Pastrnak, Drouin, and Duclair all need to take steps forward. Hanifin and Plotnikov need to prove they can be contributors their first season. All these guys, except for maybe Duclair, are at least somewhat in a position to succeed, so if even one or two of them pan out it will help me a lot. Oshie playing with Ovechkin and Hall hopefully being healthy all year will be a big help as well.

Anyway, I don't think I'll be repeating as champion this year.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 7, 2015

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
the first week of the season is always my favorite. some people get really smug about their waiver pickups, scrubs, and rookies, others are already panicking. its fun.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I think the league size and roster size in HHL makes it a bit early to take a chance on a guy like Lindberg. He's hot right now and may even end up being a good keeper, but you're probably dropping an established player to take him and that could really screw you over if Lindberg doesn't work out.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'm currently losing to an autodrafter in HHL because he auto-drafted Mike Smith and because my players are all gentlemen who don't hit or take penalties.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
are you getting jones or forsberg

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
my HHL team is surprisingly bad after two weeks. anyway, David Krejci is on my trading block. I'll entertain deals on just about anyone though.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I would drop your worst player and try to grab Keith for your IR spot. Even if he misses ~6 weeks you'd still have him for over half the NHL season.

Also one player shouldn't be sinking your team unless the league has like 5 teams in it.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Pretty good keeper move I guess. That's the reason I scooped up Hanifin this year once Wisniewski went down anyway.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Talking about keepers for next season already, sheesh.

Anyway, Hanifin is a "maybe" keeper for me. It really depends on how well he does this season. The only no-brainer keepers I have at the moment, based on cost/production, are Gaudreau and Palat.

I got Krejci, Ekblad, and Pastrnak in the "maybe" pile as well but the rest of my team is too old or too expensive. I guess Lindberg is a long shot keeper as well.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

punch drunk posted:

I just started doing fantasy hockey this year with some friends in what i think is a standard league. Should I have more than 4 defensemen or are those slots better kept for backup forwards? I dunno how the math works out since with the setting a lineup every day and the games spaced out like they are. Same goes for goalies, more than 2?

I only know football because its dead simple oh god help.

I usually don't take any bench defensemen because most leagues put more of an emphasis on scoring stats. I generally use my defense slots to fill out stats like hits and PIM and use all my bench slots on forwards to rotate in throughout the week.

Goalies, depends. If you have two starters who play a lot, like Holtby and Crawford for example, then you probably don't need a third. If you have a goalie from a team that platoons guys or your starters are on bad teams I would consider taking a third.

The way scoring works is pretty simple too. One week is typically Monday-Sunday, and your teams totals in each category (goals, assists, etc) is your score for that category, whoever wins the most categories wins the week.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 29, 2015

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I wouldn't make that trade.

Byfuglien is better than Kronwall straight up. Ovechkin is going to have more goals than Seguin but they're both top 10 if not top 5 scorers, so that's basically a wash. Wheeler and Bergeron are both hot right now, and Wheeler will probably produce slightly more (but not by much), but over the course of a season I probably take Bergeron just because he'll help you win faceoffs every week.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I can't believe someone
A) put Duchene on waivers in HHL
B) I thought I would get him with a $30 claim

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
You should pass because it's clearly a tiny league, there aren't two guys on your roster that I'd say are clearly worth less than any two of the guys you're being offered, and you'd actually end up dropping three players in the long run because you have Couture on IR.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
man its pretty tight still in HHL after 4 weeks. 6th place has 51 points and 14th place has 47

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Twin Cinema posted:

After two wins in a row, I have jumped from 16th to move to a 4-way tie for 11th place.

Sam Bennett has made himself useful, thankfully.

yeah I've managed to go from 15th to the tie for 11th in two weeks now that things are starting to normalize and players are doing more or less what we expect of them. Palat being out for a few weeks and Pastrnak being hurt sucks though.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
is Palat not on IR? I know he's out for a few weeks with an injury but his status isn't updating, and that's a problem because I don't want to drop him.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
oh i see how it is noah hanifin, i drop you from my fantasy team and you score your first nhl goal right after that.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
It's rough having Rask right now. The Bruins defense is bad so he's facing multiple odd-man rushes every goddamn game, or the defense completely fails to cover the backdoor, or something similar, so he gets lit up even when Boston wins. On the other hand, I don't think his numbers can be this bad all season, and he's going to get wins even with Boston being not-that-good just because he's going to play 70 drat games. Also it's Rask, so I don't feel like selling low is a great idea, especially in LSL when goalies can make a big difference in winning and losing each week.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
i sent you an offer. just a starting point, so feel free to counter if you want

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
So, I think I need to make a change in HHL. I'm willing to trade anyone but Ekblad or Gaudreau, if you;re interested

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
sergei bobrovsky is a very good goalie, the blue jackets just struggled early

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
similarly, I don't understand how my team is so bad. you would think a team with ovechkin, kessel, gaudreau, and vrbata would win shots every week, and probably goals, but you would be wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
my team is in last place and I still feel like it's a good team, but I got blown out like 12-1 and 10-2 over the past two weeks

• Locked thread