Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Twin Cinema posted:

I went all-in in for the HHL last year, and I lost. My team's keepers are going to be pitiful this year.

Same. Those three glorious years of cheap Subban and Pacioretty spoiled me.

I'm in again as Bourque (I'll think of a new name at some point), because I don't spend enough time at work fiddling on Excel. Pretty slim pickings from last year, but I'm going to be keeping:

[Gone and editted away]

Waffled between Morgan Rielly and Eddie Lack. If history is any indication, goalie auctions could get hilarious, but who knows how many games he could sit behind Ward.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Sep 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

fancy stats posted:

Same. Those three glorious years of cheap Subban and Pacioretty spoiled me.

I'm in again as Bourque (I'll think of a new name at some point), because I don't spend enough time at work fiddling on Excel. Pretty slim pickings from last year, but I'm going to be keeping:

Boone Jenner: $5 - $6
Craig Smith: $1 - $2
Morgan Rielly: $7 - $9
Mika Zibanejad: $2 - $3

Waffled between Morgan Rielly and Eddie Lack. If history is any indication, goalie auctions could get hilarious, but who knows how many games he could sit behind Ward.

Wait, scratch that:

Boone Jenner: $5 - $6
Morgan Rielly: $7 - $9
Mika Zibanejad: $2 - $3
Brent Burns: $31 -> $38

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

On the other hand, Byfuglien is one of the best defensemen with our scoring. It might be a bit of an overpay, but you're probably not going to find another player with that much value relative to their position at that price point.

e: On the other, other hand, $70 is a huge section of your budget.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 26, 2015

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Well, the draft that would never end finally ended. I'm pretty happy with my HHL team this season. I mean, since I spent half the draft sitting on my rear end, I wasn't able to stock up too hard on top-end talent, but I was hoping to pick up a few (Backstrom, for example) and get a few guys who might be good keepers next season. I think I did pretty well on that end (I do still hate all of you for running up the prices on Barkov and Terevainen).

Goaltending could be a disaster, though.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

The key is to have a slot open to pick up random dudes every other day because your top center (who you waited to spend a ton of money on) is injured, and you didn't know.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Why does Yahoo have Boone Jenner listed as a C? Hasn't he always been a LW or something? drat it, Yahoo, stop messing with my center spots, that's my job.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Hey guys on my HHL team,

It'd be nice if you would stop getting injured.

Thanks,
Fancy stats

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

genki posted:

ugh, someone grabbed darnell nurse out from under me in HHL. bastard.

:smug:

I'll take any small victories I can at this point. A third of my team is injured, and another is just a collection of disappointing 'potential breakouts'.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

zeroordie posted:

If anyone with an open IR spot in HHL is interested in Schwartz hit me up.

Alternatively, if anyone wants anyone else put on IR so they can stash them away, just send them my way. They'll be hurting in no time.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

And here I thought I was being extra clever with $32!

Also, to say this last week went poorly for me would be an understatement. Please stop breaking, everybody.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

toe knee hand posted:

After Anders Lee went for $22, no way Duchene was gonna be cheap.

With no competition. :argh:

Had the same rationale with the FAAB thing, but apparently just hadn't aimed high enough. They both would've been upgrades to my current roster who I wouldn't have kept either way, so no point being frugal.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

I don't know what the NHL is talking about when they're saying there's not enough scoring, my goalies all appear to allow 4+ goals per outing.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Hey Veskit.

Hey.

Your team got ten power play points tonight.

That's dumb.

Your team is dumb and I hate it.

:mad:

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Veskit posted:

My inevitable fall is going to be so loving hard but I'm really enjoying this weird ride like that time I beat fancy stats.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

My HHL team has finally managed to reach the promised land of total mediocrity.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

T-Bone posted:

3/4 of my teams are solidly mediocre, so tired of 7-6/6-7 do it or don't I got places to be

If it helps, I'm going out of my way to make you lose worse this week. gently caress goaltending, forever.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

"Uncle" Leo Komarov: greatest FA pickup of all time?

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

I'm going for it in HHL, I guess.

If anyone wants to throw a goalie my way, I might still have a good keeper or two (e: having taken a look at my roster, two might be a bit generous) to divest myself of.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 1, 2016

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Twin Cinema posted:

I traded Hall and Toews for Barkov and Nylander. I was too slow in nabbing Nylander yesterday morning (stupid work!), but I figure I'd take a chance on him for two guys that I wasn't going to keep at the end of the year. Also, I am super high on Barkov.

Haha, figured he'd be a good keeper option once his call up was announced. Luckily, my office is super lax when it comes to me loving around.

I am nervous about Barkov, though, I really liked him as a keeper.

But there are no keepers where I'm heading. :cool:

It's a first round exit. I am headed to a first round exit.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 1, 2016

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Yeah, at first glance it's kind of ridiculous, but there's no chance I'm keeping Toews or Hall at 91 and 71, so I'm just going full Sather.

Keeping track of all of this is kind of a pain in the rear end, and basically involves me switching between looking up historical drafts in the league and trying to find previous years' fantasy hockey threads.

e: If anyone else is looking forward to next season already, I've still got something of a future I'm looking to stamp out.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Mar 2, 2016

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Man, when I said, "I think I'm going for it," I didn't realize you'd all jump in too.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Okay, opening a goddamn can of worms here, my trade with Hull and Oates (MagicCube?), if it goes through, has a clause to it:

He'll get to choose a player for me to draft next year (chosen before/during) costing up to $40 that I'll trade to him after the fact. I'm toxxing myself to this? Can I do that?

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

That's totally fair, I don't remember the discussions, but I thought I'd try it out with the expectation that it'd be a no-go.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

You'd be keepering off of the draft/FA pickup cost anyways, presumably.

I'd imagine you'd treat the money sent more or less like a traded player worth that same amount, in that it doesn't really affect the keeper cost of the player you're trading for. So a $150 draft crosby bought for $50 would still be $150 * 120% next season.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 3, 2016

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

So, uh, I was expecting everybody else to veto the Carter for Stastny trade with what we were discussing here. What happens now?

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

If you can automatically add the players, that'd be perfect. If not, the empty spot doesn't bother me, I was trying to gently caress around and, really, as someone already mentioned, this week probably isn't going to affect all that much in the long run.

e: Already done? Cool beans.

e2:

Veskit posted:

I was going to murder him anyway

Also I'm really only 1 point out of being second place? I loving don't understand how any of this happened with my team none of this feels real.

Also, if you look at the head-to-head stats, you're top 3 in most categories. I'm somehow coasting while just middling in everything. Your ridiculous early season lead definitely evaporated, though. You were sitting at > 70% win rate at some point, no?

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Mar 7, 2016

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Motherfucker, I didn't realize the playoffs were starting already.

I was hoping I'd get a few more weeks for Faulk to heal up, but now I might have traded Rielly for a broken/dead player. Whoops.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I mean, there's less than a month left in the real NHL season, when did you think the fantasy playoffs were?

Good point. I think I've just been checked out on hockey for the last few months, what with Montreal being a goddamn tire fire.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Talbot gave me a bit of hope with a few good weeks of play, but to my great surprise, my all-star tandem of Anderson and Talbot couldn't get it done for me in HHL.

Ah well.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

mentholmoose posted:

I missed out on that Crosby by $4 thanks to spending half my budget on Duchene. :argh:

I don't know if I'm missing something here, I thought keepers were based on the draft value anyways, as long as the player was drafted?

Was actually kind of wondering about that, if a player gets waivered for more than he was originally drafted, does that then become the base keeper cost?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Veskit posted:

A while back karlsson got wavered and picked up for 60 and kept at that price.

I'm hindsight I don't think we should be able to waver keepers after the trade deadline

I thought we changed the rules because of that specific incident?

Keeper rules are confusing.

• Locked thread