Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I think Monahan has higher upside than McDavid this year, but you've already got Gaudreau to capitalize on that. If he has a bad year, so will Monahan. I think I'd take McDavid there just to spread the risk a little. I also agree that Holbty / Bishop are a better combo than Price / Dubnyk.

You've got some very aggressive point projections on that sheet though. Really, the only ones where I don't think you're listing a best case scenario (if only by ~5-10 points) are Maata and Drouin. Maybe Lindholm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Only a handful of 18 year olds have scored more than .77 PPG over a 40+ game season in the modern era of the NHL, which is what Monahan put up last year with what look to be fairly sustainable numbers, and that was mostly in a higher scoring era. McDavid may well so better but history isn't on his side.

Crosby had one of, if not the best, 18 year old rookie seasons of all time. It is expecting a lot for McD to so the same.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yes, Monahan was older than 18, that's one reason why his performance wasn't exceptional. McDavid will be 18. If he puts up that type of performance over a full season, that will be an exceptional performance. (Skinner and MacKinnon's seasons were similarly excellent.)

e: I'd take McDavid because I'm risk averse. If Monahan declines you're going to hurt with both him and Gaudreau.

e2: Landeskog had a fantastic third season in the NHL, not sure what you're talking about there. He had a bad lockout year in his second season.

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 4, 2015

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Thank gently caress.

Also, I trade Raanta (as a throw in for Too Cop Bob... please get better at goaltending Bob) and he immediately gets a shutout. gently caress

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Depends on settings. How much are goalies weighted? Right now in a league that favours goalies I'd be pretty reticent to move Jones.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Vicas posted:

Also mildly important, Seth or Martin

lol yeah good point

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Because no matter how well Montreal is doing right now, Holtbty and Bishop is better than Price and Dubnyk.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The season is young. (but I don't remember you presenting that as an option. You shoulda done that yeah)

Holtby / Price is an insane goalie combo. Bishop / Price is pretty good too.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah you can never look at trades like that without considering your drops. You're not trading Kessel for those three, you're trading Kessel + xxx + yyy.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Giroux > Mac
Monahan > TT

Depending on settings Simmonds for Kadri could go either way. That's a baaaad trade.

In own of my own leagues, we have 12F 6D and some bench spots (and goalies). Salary and 12 keepers. 13 teams so it goes pretty deep. I'm sitting in 3rd right now and the top 4 teams are probably the ones that will be there at the end of the year. Categories for skaters are G A P PP SOG ... I'm thinking of moving Teravainen and Elias Lindholm for Hedman. Thoughts?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bob is an actual good goalie on an ok team. He had a really bad start to the season (the BJs were trash, and he was trash too) but seems to have overcome that. Dude won a Vezina a couple years ago, he's not some Reimer-level scrub.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Just made a huge deal in one of my keeper (salary) leagues. 12 teams, keep 12. 100$ buy-in so winning would be real nice.

I'm currently sitting in second. I mortgaged the future by trading away Klefbom, Brock Nelson, Datsyuk and my 1st round picks in both 2016 and 2017 in exchange for Voracek, Buff, some free agent pickups (we have limited but tradeable adds) and a 3rd round pick in 2017.

I reaallllly hope Voracek turns this season around and plays like he's capable of playing.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
In a keeper or if you're looking for pts and ppp I'm taking Klefbom there no question. Otherwise probably MDZ.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Given the guys still available, that makes sense I guess.

There are more ok forwards than ok defense or goalies though.

E: I wouldn't keep any of those forwards.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So I'm sitting in second place in one of my leagues and have sold the future for a chance to finish in the money this year (1sts in 2016 & 17 for Voracek and Buff). I have some cap space and want to upgrade my D with a free agent pickup.

I'm thinking of bailing on Jack Johnson and picking up either Phaneuf or Chara.

We count G A P PP SOG for skaters. I'm second in every category and the first guy is starting to run away with it.

Chara seems like the better choice but Phaneuf is having a good year and not running hot with 10% shooting. Thoughts?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I jumped on Buchnevich. It's a limited keeper (with rookie requirements) and he's taking the bench spot of a guy who I was waiting on anyway (Lindell). As noted I've traded away my future picks in that league, but between Johnny Hockey, Teravainen, Rantanen and Buch I think I've got a strong core to build around for another run in ~2 years.

I do hope those rumours of him coming over "any day now" end up being true though.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I can't decide what to do with Hellebuyck on my HHL team. On the one hand, he's a waste of a roster spot right now and I could conceivably be using that on a useful player who could help me make the playoffs since I'm on the bubble.

On the other hand, I picked him up off of waivers and therefore he would be extremely inexpensive to keep. That seems like a smart play considering he'll most likely be getting regular backup, if not starting time, in Winnipeg next year. He might also not be done this year, depending on how the trade deadline/injuries shake out. My goaltending will survive without him (Luongo+Crawford whatuppp) and maybe my team wins enough to make the playoffs/do well anyway.

This is a keeper right?

Obviously it depends on how highly goalies are valued, but in a keeper I'm in (12 guys, keep 12, salary cap) Hellebucyk was picked in the second round and there were multiple guys who were pissed they didn't jump on him.

He's going to be really good.

In this same keeper I picked up Mrazek two years ago and kept him the whole way. He's one part of the reason I'm wrecking the goalie categories this year and went from last to second.

A waiver roster spot is rarely the difference between winning and losing your league, but a top tier goalie might be.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Made a huge series of trades in my one limited keeper salary cap league. I'm sitting at second right now but also looking to the future.

Moved:

Elias Lindholm, Victor Rask, Mikka Rantanen, 2nd round pick (low because I'll finish high), Joonas Korpisalo, 12th round pick in 2017.

Got:
1st that should be about 9th overall, Hampus Lindholm, Ristolainen, Gallagher, 11th, FAP (we have limited free agent pickups)

Also dropped Goligosky and grabbed Kapanen with the FAP.

I think I might have locked myself into the second spot, and I love my D (i also have Barrie and Buff) going forward.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Veskit posted:

We'd have to come up with rules for buying keepers. If i pay 50 dollars for a 1 dollar contract is it 50 dollars now or still 1 dollar?

I'm looking at this from the context of an outsider but isn't it just trading future cash instead of future draft picks? Seems pretty straightforward.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If you're in Yahoo it's immediate. That's how my league does trades. We send to him and he actions them to make sure the salary cap and team spots are all legal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
New thread for 2016/17?

Anyway it's summer time so it's team refresh time before everyone else remembers there's hockey and starts grabbing free agents who slipped through.

Has anyone here used Fantasy Hockey Geek? I have a spreadsheet that does some basic value analysis but their setup seems pretty good. Half the battle with the more complicated pools is just figuring out what guys are really worth with their actual stats, let alone projecting what their stats will end up being next season.

• Locked thread