Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«299 »
Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Ben Blair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Priestland?!

Caption Competition

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

He looks like he's got the thousand yard stare of a ptsd sufferer.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007

SWING LOW
SWEET CHARIOT

It's not what it looks like! I swear!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I think he was midway through performing his favourite train impression when he noticed the photographer.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Welcome to fucking Scotland.

"And that's how you pleasure two men at on... Oh, I didn't see you there, is that a camera?"

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

"Christ, what an rear end in a top hat."

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007

SWING LOW
SWEET CHARIOT

I just realised that I can now get rid of this loving avatar, but I've kind of grown fond of this monstrosity.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

It's a work of art.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Listening to Stuart Barnes make excuses for Chris Ashton's shameful defense is great!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ready To Ruck!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41547139

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

60 is a lot of caps even in the modern game.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Priestland?!

quote:

I am very disappointed at the news because I love playing for Wales. It means a huge amount to me. Itís a real blow that I wonít be able to play international rugby from next season.

I didnít know the full implications when I agreed to join Toulon because the change in the selection policy came out after I signed. I have given ten years service to the Ospreys and Welsh rugby and have picked up injuries along the way. I would have hoped that would have been taken into consideration. I still very much want to play for Wales this season and hope I can gain selection for the autumn international squad.

Looks like he's going to go through with the Toulon agreement.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Priestland?!

goatface posted:

60 is a lot of caps even in the modern game.

There are usually 11 international matches a year, so if you avoided injury, it would take 9 full years of being first choice in your particular position.

Currently Eligable Players
Gethin Jenkins (129)
Alun Wyn Jones (110)
Jamie Roberts (93)
James Hook (81)
Luke Charteris (74)
Sam Warburton (74)
Leigh Halfpenny (71)
George North (69)
Toby Faletau (66)
Paul James (66)
Dan Lydiate (60)

Players That Can Reach 60 Before Their Contracts Expire
Bradley Davies (57)
Dan Biggar (56)
Justin Tipuric (51)

Rob Howley can't currently pick himself to play in The Six Nations, as he is one cap short of the quota, and doesn't currently play rugby in Wales.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

If there are 11 matches in the season then that's 5.5 years. So ~7 if you take injuries and being rested and poo poo into account.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tyma posted:

Hes pretty much straight out said it, at his age with a family hes looking to get paid. Which means playing for Toulon. He's not going to choose the chance of a few more caps over a retirement fund.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ready To Ruck!

Tyma posted:

Translation:

Whilst I love playing for my country, gimmie da loot.

Which is fair. In a sport where at any moment you could get knocked out and forget who you are. You should absolutely get as much in your retirement fund as possible

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Kinda shitey if the change was aimed at a guy like Webb who has served his time at the regions and is rightly taking his opportunity to get paid. While there needs to be some sort of control over players going to France/England the application of these rules is always a bit hard to stomach.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Just slap a requirement of X seasons employed by a region tbh. Seems silly to gently caress a guy because someone else happened to be established in the national side and he couldn't buy a match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007

SWING LOW
SWEET CHARIOT

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Kinda shitey if the change was aimed at a guy like Webb who has served his time at the regions and is rightly taking his opportunity to get paid. While there needs to be some sort of control over players going to France/England the application of these rules is always a bit hard to stomach.

gently caress that. It's up to the regions and the governing body to manage the players and their workload better, then, so that they can have longer careers. The NZRU has started to manage this with these draconian laws, what's the WRU's excuse?

«299 »