Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!
Sure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!
Dangit.

I'll take L-N13.

I want the water!

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I'm going to go swim in the tiny lake by myself.

##vote Kashuno

Hi!

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Grandicap posted:

Too hardcore on it PM.
##unvote
##vote Pinterest Mom

That's one of the many things that bothered me about PMlast game, so I don't think I like this vote.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Pinterest Mom posted:

Imagine he made the vote without meta on me. What do you think of it then?

Eh. I'm not voting him for that reason. I just don't like that vote.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Kashuno posted:

:siren:This is a scumpost:siren:

How is that a scumpost?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Kashuno posted:

:siren:this is another low content scumpost:siren:

Boo.

Consider my vote on you real.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

BottleKnight posted:

I can definitely see Grandi scum. Would vote.

:thumbsdown:

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I'm going to go read the way that Kash pushed on me last game on D1. There are some familiar elements, but I think he was a lot more tentative there, like he knew he could be wrong.

In the meantime:

##unvote

##vote BottleKnight

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Kashuno posted:

Last time I was hesitant on being all in on scum I ended up getting myself lynched and letting that scum live longer. I learned my lesson.

Yeah. I think there are a lot of similar elements to last time. You were kind of that sure about me being town after a bit. idk. Are you good at being scum?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I'd probably lean towards both gsksdfns and Kashuno being town at this point, just because of Kash's tonal consistency with what I've seen from him as town and Garoshi's response feeling very "HOW DARE YOU BE SO WRONG".

I think BottleKnight's encouraging Kash was the scummiest thing in that exchange.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

BottleKnight posted:

My willingness to vote for Grandi has nothing to do with 'encouraging Kash.' I have been interacting with Grandi and his OMGUS on Kash had little substance with a lot of words. It seems fake, and now like he's just trying to slither out of his opinions.

Actually, on that basis, ##vote Grandi

I just completely disagree with the comment about a lack of substance in his Kash case. Like, I think he's wrong, but I think the points he picked up weren't "scum trying to push a mislynch" points. They were genuine.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Pinterest Mom posted:

Actually, how do you not immediately see how the Grandi post is scummy?

Because I say poo poo like that all the time. Like, especially if he's trying to figure out how to get into the game. I'm pretty sure I did almost that exact same thing my first game, and several of you guys tried to lynch me for it.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Kashuno posted:

How did I mischaracterize what you did?

Dude. You should read his posts.

Can we please move on?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I tried to find a gif of someone cracking their knuckles before typing to post in preparation of ripping apart TMM's post, but I couldn't. So, pretend that these two are consecutive.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

TMMadman posted:

First since we are clearly out of joke phase, I'll start with ##unvote

I would like to see some actual opinions from TNL, merk and SSV. For all the poo poo Grandicap is getting for a "low content scum post", we are letting those other three fly under the radar without providing any sort of content and all of them have a couple of little snipes/poo poo stirring posts in the middle of this whole Grandicap debacle. Also, ANarc has barely said a word and I'd like some opinions from her as well. So any of you four, aside from Kash/Grandicap, who else do you think might be scum? Asiina isn't much better and while I don't agree with her Kash vote right now, at least it has a valid reason behind it, so I lean town for her right now but I'd still like to see more opinions.

Dude, seriously? A paragraph calling out UTRs on D0.5?

TMMadman posted:

I'm not sure what to make of Kashuno right now. I just saw him pull this act in another game and be right, but it felt weird there and it still feels weird here. While I do think his reactions are more likely from town Kash, I'm not sure if his conclusion is right this time on Grandicap.

This is like "I think Kash is scum no wait I don't." It does not at all feel like a genuine read on Kash. It feels like you're forcing content because you feel like you need to.

TMMadman posted:

As for Grandicap, I'm just not seeing whatever else is seeing. However, since we are in agreement about some things, that might be clouding the issue and I could very well be wrong. I would vote him to avoid a no lynch over Kash, but I don't think either Kash or Grandicap is the right vote today.

#noshit

TMMadman posted:

I'm still suspicious of both PMom and PoP. I will say that I almost always find PMom scummy at the start of a game, even when he turns up town, so I constantly have to fight against that in order to be objective. I will say that between the two, I think PoP would be more likely to be scum right now. Unless something drastic changes my mind, I would vote for either of them but PoP first.

I kinda like this.

TMMadman posted:

Right now though, LJ and Uhh are pinging me the hardest. I don't like uhhs reaction to the whole Madman's Law thing. I thought I made it clear that it was pretty much a joke and it's never actually been tested in a game, so I feel it should have just been ignored but instead it draws this reaction:

Plus he stated I made a good scum slip catch on Kash and has started attacking him. So uhh, if you really think that is a scum slip, do you think I am still scum and busing a teammate? Then he calls out BK for making a scum post in the very same style as Kash did on Grandi. I would definitely be willing to vote for him today.

A) Don't say things you want ignored because people never ignore that poo poo.
B) I know that it's a thing here where people ask about these ridiculous interactions D1, but I don't like it. Just because I'm leaning scum on someone doesn't mean I'll ignore them if they raise what I think is a good point.
C) I don't get what you're trying to say with that last part.

I feel like I'm defending Uhh a lot here. I don't really have a read on him. I just think your points are bad.

TMMadman posted:

However, what I really don't like is LJ coming in with a strange series of posts. I know it's kind of her style, but I don't really like the whiplash feeling it gives me.

Dude. If you know it's my style, why are you a) trying to link it to alignment and b) trying to link it to evil when you've only seen me do it as good?

TMMadman posted:

She starts out by saying he vote on Kash is real, but then immediately moves it BK using the same post that uhh quoted:

Dude. It's called timewarping.

TMMadman posted:

I see nothing wrong with that post. He clearly states his opinion and a willingness to vote. Just because he doesn't add his vote, doesn't automatically make him scum. Sure, if it came down to the wire and BK ended up not voting Grandi, then you could hold his feet to the fire. But without that it really just feels like a push to get BK to vote badly.

I disagree. I think he saw a town on town conflict that was escalating and decided to encourage it to see how it would shake out before deciding whether or not to vote there. Posting things like "Yeah, I agree." can make town feel validated in their (wrong) opinions. I think it helped encourage Kash to tunnel further on what I believe is a bad case.

TMMadman posted:

Especially since LJ has already called Grandi town. So LJ, if you think Grandi is town, shouldn't you be trying to talk people out of voting for him? Her vote on BK also feels like she looked at the vote list and wanted to make sure that there were lots of viable candidates for a lynch, but didn't realize that my vote was still a joke vote, especially since she the only thing she has said about BK to that point is a thumbsdown at the post quoted above.

A) I had no idea that you were voting BK.
B) I voted him for the exact reason that I said. Out of everything related to Kash/Garoshi, his response was the only real scummy one to anything that happened.
C) I don't understand the connection you are trying to make between me defending Garoshi and me voting BK.

TMMadman posted:

I do not like it, so I'm going to ##vote ljtrigirl

I can't tell if I think you're scum after this or not. Leaning yes. You agree with my two main reads and say I'm playing my usual style but think I'm scum and try to vote me.

It feels like you're forcing content. I don't know that that's scum!TMM play because your content didn't really seem forced last game. It felt a lot more natural. But the first half of this post felt like you felt obligated to comment on literally everything that was happening.

I'm watching you. :goo:

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

BottleKnight posted:

That's fair. My read of his tone has been that it's fake but it doesn't really make sense for scum to come out of the gate and post that kind of rebuttal. It's one of those scenarios where the micro reads poorly but the macro reads town, I hadn't thought of that.

##unvote

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

How closely does good!TMM pay attention? Like, is he someone that picks up 90% of the details that happen?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

BottleKnight posted:

It would really help if you, you know, interacted with my posts instead of posting stuff like this.

Did you read what I said to TMM about you?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

BottleKnight posted:

Yeah. And I already responded to you about it.

It's a big stretch to say that with my saying where I would vote, you took that as me encouraging Kash. You didn't talk about any of my interactions with Grandi or why I might also think poorly of his posts, just that I was encouraging Kash?

I think it's a weird narrative to begin with, but the fact that I was talking to Grandicap before that makes it extra-weird.

You mean by unvoting?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

BottleKnight posted:

No. Your main point is that I encouraged Kashuno. I made a post about why that isn't true. You then responded with 'well I disagree that Grandi made a bad OMGUS.' That's fine, but it doesn't really respond to why I encouraged Kashuno. So when you say it again to TMM, I really don't understand.

I, however, agreed with your other point, that he's probably not trying to push a narrative.

Oh. I disagree. All of your posts relating to him encouraged him, but you didn't actually vote there until I called you out on it.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Kashuno posted:

LJ why do you keep calling Grandi "Garoshi" is there some reference I don't know

No. I played a game on Mafia Universe over the last two weeks, and there was a guy named Garoshi there. I'm really bad with names.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Just a heads up that I will be from like 10pm tonight through Sunday night because I'll be off camping without internet.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

The Ninth Layer posted:

Honestly outside of Grandicap my suspicions fall off pretty hard. I don't see Kashuno's case on MiR and even he didn't keep the case going on for long. BottleKnight's vote on TMM was a pretty easy one to make, but was it a scummy vote?? I'm not sure. I don't find Kashuno especially scummy either. Pretty much everyone else has left little to no distinguishing impression on me.

So, might as well ##vote Grandicap while I see if I can find a better home for my vote.

Ewwww. Why?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Kashuno posted:

Asiina, LJ, and merk

*fistbump*

Why Merk?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Power of Pecota posted:

Initially I was gonna go mafia dad on this and talk about sample sizes and stuff but according to votefinder Kash has been in like every game you've played. More than the meta verdict itself I'd be interested to hear a quick and dirty "kash is like x as scum and y as town in games I've played with him" because if the guy's been in 3/4 of the mafia games you've played there might be something worthwhile in there.

This kinda read like disowning the last point and I'd be interested in hearing more even if there isn't a tidy conclusion or anything

I've played two games with him, one of which is still ongoing. But he really bothered me D1 last time and then I figured him out at the start of D2.

What do you want to hear more about? There isn't a tidy conclusion. I usually talk out loud, and sometimes it has conclusions and sometimes it doesn't.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Asiina posted:

Why did you join a game if you were going to be 100% unable to post for multiple days?

A) It's a weekend.
B) I didn't think it'd start immediately.

I can replace out if people think me missing most of D2 is an option.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

TMMadman posted:

Also, since ANarc has come in and at least posted a bit, I will now move my vote to the person I find the most scummy:

##unvote
##vote Asiina

Her only reads so far are that I am town and Kash is scum. Her case on Kash was for failing to provide content while calling out people for not providing content, but now it's fine because he made a case again uhh that she was weak.

She has no other opinions on anyone at all and she claims to now be actively ignoring a player in the game because I get under her skin. There are several people who get under my skin while playing this game, but I don't ignore any of them.

Have Anarc's posts made you feel better about him?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

TMMadman posted:

Not particularly, but at least she has finally posted a few things. Obviously I'd like to see more effort and am absolutely willing to vote for her until she provides that effort.

##unvote
##TMM

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

TMM- I really don't like that you didn't like her posts but moved.

I'm leaning scum on you right now, but idk. It's not a strong lean. You just say these things occasionally that I don't think come from a good mindset.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Like, it just looks like it's down to you and Grandi, and I think he's good. So, I'd rather lynch you.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Pinterest Mom posted:

Two hours is plenty of time to flip the dunk, c'mon.

:thumbsup:

Pinterest Mom posted:

Yeah let's do Grandi, I think. ##vote Grandi

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

TMMadman posted:

Right now, I think the worst votes on me are BK who is basing it on a single meta point and then excused himself from the game.

And then SSV is probably the next worst right now. He is playing the same type of game as his Pearl game, but he isn't getting called out as scum by BK.

Not too sure about LJ or PoP. They are accusing me of moving from lurker to someone I think is scum but just look at how much resistance I got trying to lynch a lurking ANarc, so how am I supposed to keep pushing it even with her last three posts? Especially when I've stated that I am still more than willing to vote ANarc.

spoilers:

BK is scum.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I'd be ok with an Asiina lynch if people want to move there.

I will not lynch Grandi, especially not over TMM.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

TMMadman posted:

Then why aren't you voting him?

Nope. I'm definitely lynching you.

I've been voting him for days, and you basically said "I don't see the case" on him in our extended coversation.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Pinterest Mom posted:

The case on Grandi is, essentially, the same as the case on TMM: he's super self-conscious about how he appears and tried to short-circuit the game by engaging in protected metadiscussion. He's just smoother at it than TMM.

Look at the way he dropped a vote on me, saw pushback, and immediately started undermining his case and self-flagellating. It was very artificial - scum pushing something, realising it Just Wouldn't Fly, and trying to backpedal at max speed.

But it's not. It's the exact same way that I backpedaled in the other game that you pushed me as scum for for three days. And his thoughts about Kash felt really genuine, even though I don't agree with them.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Pinterest Mom posted:

No, it's not? He dropped a wet fart of a vote on me, had two people say "uh, wtf", and immediately started flagellating himself and making excuses for the vote. It's entirely different from that other game.

Yes, it is. His response read like he felt awkward for engaging early. Like he jumped in in a way that people didn't like and didn't know how to fit in.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

The Ninth Layer posted:

Being awkward in joke phase isn't a town tell...

Also calling yourself terrible/scummy isn't a town tell either.

But he was trying to jump in. It's not like he was awkward while trying to just chill. He was trying to dive in.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Ummmm. Why isn't my vote registered?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Ha. It's because I just went #TMM.

I don't think I want to revote there quite yet.

• Locked thread