Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
The Taurus Dark Region really is pretty dark - not a single star in that nebula over there.
Well, here's some pics form the outside from babby's first exploration weekend trip:

Should've gone to Barnard's Loop.

Atrayonis fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Some more barnacle things:
In Solo:

In Open:

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Servers are supposedly back up.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
The trick is just not giving a poo poo about the bounty.

Edit: to clarify, they are with that faction you're trespassing on only, so local. Nothing to worry about most of the time.

Atrayonis fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 6, 2016

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

LCL-Dead posted:

18 people in an instance (assuming camera guy as #18)

I'm hella impressed.
Well, that's the Distant Worlds expedition. They're somewhere between 800 and 1000 people meeting up on waypoints along to Beagle Point on the other side of the galaxy.
With that many people, the matchmaking must be a piece of cake.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
They are on their way to waypoint 8 -New Botany Bay, 34k light years from Sol.
(That's also their main thread, as far as I can see.)
Some nice canyons on WP7, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKqgVTyH6dU

A video of the ship pile.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5962e9RA6c

Atrayonis fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Feb 8, 2016

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Apparently you gain exploration points for driving your SRV on planets, more the farther you are away from Sol.
Just driving around and shooting space rocks netted me 1% once, but that took a while and I was only 1k lys out.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
In a stunning reversal from Star Citizen, where Star Marine is just a game mode now, CQC is spun off into a seperate game (still in the full installation, however).

Arena Commander. Let the tears flow.

quote:

Today we are very excited to announce the launch of a new stand-alone product, Elite Dangerous: Arena. Arena is the PVP mode already in Elite Dangerous so all players who own Elite Dangerous or Elite Dangerous: Horizons will already have access to it. Simply select Arena (previously labelled CQC) from the in-game main menu to play.

However, we believe Elite Dangerous: Arena is a compelling game in its own right and want to offer it to players whose main goal is to play fast paced PVP space combat action. This will open Elite Dangerous to a whole new group of players, all of whom you can play against in the Close Quarter Combat Championships (CQC) in Arena mode in Elite Dangerous and Elite Dangerous: Horizons. So if you haven’t played CQC already we have a number of challenges starting today that you can join in with.

It's still called CQC Rank in the status menu, of course. :v:

Luneshot posted:

Are there any hard numbers or sources on this? I'm pretty far from home and if driving around can help me out I'll definitely do it.

Sorry, didn't see this. There's a thread about it here.

Atrayonis fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Feb 16, 2016

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
The Zombie Wasp is the flagship of the fleet, actually. Carries tons of rares from all over the bubble over to Beagle Point for reasons.

Atrayonis fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 20, 2016

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Time to think up more frog puns?

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
They changed it to a DLC season pass bit a go due to feedback.

They got more of the same feedback afterwards, so :shrug:

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Ice ring mining, audible station com chatter, and previews of the new mission giver interface.
That is some good news, alright.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

limaCAT posted:

Ok guys, I'm going to try the ASP next.

Asp, not ASP. It's a snake, not an abbreviation.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Mike the TV posted:

Elite is a great game because instead of pubby tears we get ganker tears.
This, but unironically.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Long hair of course works really well with space pilots when the helmets drop in emergency situation.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
It's frustrating too - first there were a lot of complaints like "Why does Horizons cost so much, it doesn't really anything", now they are "Horizons adds too much, why do I need to pay for what should have been in the game to begin with".

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Libluini posted:

I see it more as a hilarious sideshow of the Elite-saga. Next in your cinema: "The Neverending Complaint" :allears:

..but this is another complaint, for another thread.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
As expected, the "discussion" about the lack of long hair styles is now 48 pages long: "A Final Plea to Frontier for Longer Hairstyles".

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
2.3 is probably going to be really good. Star Citizen shills like Devari (who "renewed faith" with the 3.0 demo) are out in full force.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

DancingShade posted:

It's going to be the exact same elite dangerous we have now only with a custom avatar glued to the pilot chair and some wanker shooting cops with your turrets for lols as you try to dock.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Einbauschrank posted:

Wow. Not being able to use the outfitting screen to swap modules during a lockdown really sucks space rear end. I'm not sure how a lockdown is contributing anything to the game ...
"Don't let this happen."

• Locked thread