Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Aurain posted:

I used a save editor to eliminate the RNG in Xenoverse and it made the game much better, until I realised that acually, all of the create a goku characters outfits are crap.

That was my biggest gripe about the game.. Stats linked to clothing is stupid for a game like that. Make a costume system like DC Universe Online where I unlock styles but can make my look whatever I want it to be. And make more fully customizable options. Playing Dragon Ball character dress-up is fun, but my character is supposed to be unique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

To be fair, though, as much as I love him, what was Krillin ever going to do against Brolly?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The Krillin-Goku-Rohshi Kamehameha was pretty awesome in "World's Strongest", and I think they missed an opportunity not using that as the big finisher.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

My first exposure was one of those 3 episode VHS tapes that was SSj Vegeta vs Android 18. Boy did that make watching the Saiyan Saga kinda confusing.

Those were depressing as a kid, especially if you spent all your allowance on a new VHS at the mall and nothing noteworthy happened in those episodes.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Honestly, as much as I liked BoG and RoF, I was kinda hoping that SSG would be temporary, like "Oh this is neat, I got a temporary power up to fight the God of Destruction. Well, back to training!" and maybe only pull it out again if they're in dire straits.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Hahaha, why does he grab the plane, can't he fly on his own faster than that?

How far into the cell saga is that? Is it before or after Cell has absorbed a bunch of (normal) people? Because I think Cell after absorbing thousands of people is stronger than 17 and 18, and it would be surprising for Krillin to be able to put up a fight against an opponent like that.

I don't think Cell was really trying too hard at that point. Krillin may have surprised him if his intel was outdated.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I've always liked the DBH stuff like that showing SSJ3+ characters along side the player characters who aren't transformed whatsoever.. What the gently caress are you planning to do to help a Gotenks?

That said, goddamn I hope Xenoverse 2 is more like Heroes looks.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Is anyone playing that DBO server revival? I'm curious but not willing to give them money since I fear it could be shut down any second.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Covok posted:

I'm surprised it didn't get shut down yet. It's a pretty open and shut case.

Part of me almost wonders if they want people to play it to keep interest alive, like DBZA.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Amorphous Blob posted:

It relied a lot more on joke victories like Krillin not having a nose or Roshi bleeding on the invisible man.

Also the thread has 21000 views which is about the level of this fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6VB1RTLwNE

It's sad to think that Cui could have single-handedly wiped out everyone on Earth..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Yeah I want new baddies to have good gimmicks.

Honestly, they could take stories from movies and re-use them and I wouldn't care. The "Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans" baddies were pretty cool.. the unkillable smoke monsters that you can only dissipate for a time but they can still do damage, that way everyone could be involved just trying to burn through them or keep them off of towns. Would be a real comic book/Justice League type thing, all the cities are being attacked so everyone has to go off on their own or into small teams to help defend them while the Saiyans fight the big bad.. Yamcha, Tien, Chiaotzu to one, Krillin, 18, and Roshi to another, Videl and Gohan doing their superhero thing.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Yeah I'm reading Dragonball for the first time, and Puar was able to turn into flying scissors and cut off Goku's tail in Ozaru form. With someone stronger, that power would be insane.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm playing catch-up on the last 4 episodes - how exactly is Vegeta even keeping up with this fight? God Ki can't be sensed, unless he tapped into something during Goku's transformation and he's just keeping his mouth shut about it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Speaking of being able to pick up on things easily, in reading DB for the first time, I'm at one of the tournaments and everyone is just whipping out Kamehamehas like they're nothing. Even Tien gives it a whirl. Roshi is freaking out when he thinks Goku is going to try to block at Dodon Ray with a Kamehameha, and he's saying the Kamehameha will never work against certain people.. Did they just give up on that angle as time went on and make the Kamehameha the end-all-be-all of super attacks?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

That part is important enough for Xenoverse to actually make it a skill. One of Tenshinhan's Z-Souls, "Haaaaaaaaaaaah!", makes the user completely immune to any attack named "Kamehameha".

Especially useful for that one mission where Goku, Gohan, and Goten just gang bang you with Kamehamehas at you over and over and over and over and over...

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Petiso posted:

I haven't played Xenoverse but I saw "The Best of TFS Gaming Vol. 6" yesterday and I believe the last part is them playing exactly that mission you're talking about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIpAfmq-a9o

Starts around 11:10, warning: lotsa screaming.

Yep that's it! Man, they got better since the last time I watched them play ol' Dumplin. They used to be so garbage at that game..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

There was a giant snake on Earth in Super that required Goten and Trunks to go Super Saiyan, so who knows.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I looked up this movie on youtube and the soundtrack seemed to consist of this constant, awful, nu-metal. Like, it was seriously some of the worst music I've ever heard. Is that the actual soundtrack, or was the guy who recorded the video just listening to terrible music while doing so? It never even matched what was going on; it was like they just decided to play some tracks of this terrible music in the background and call it a day.

Yeah, that was in almost all of the American releases starting with Cooler.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

That's great for some of it, but it's kinda lame when you're dealing with Frieza and Cell..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

HGH posted:

gently caress all of you guys, I'm gonna go listen to the true DBZ OST, the collected music of Pantera.

If Gohan isn't going Super Saiyan 2 against Cell to Linkin Park, it just isn't the same.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I don't have my Kai disks for the end of the Cell Saga yet, does Gohan's SSJ2 transformation have the same soundtrack as the Japanese one with the people singing?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Mogomra posted:

SS4 Gohan is rad as gently caress. When can I pay Heroes?

I may have mentioned this, but I have a good friend stationed in Japan who sent me a huge DBZ care package a few weeks ago, including a ton of Heroes cards. They're pretty rad. I think I broke some poor kid's heart by getting a SSJ3 Kid Goku and some other nifty stuff. It looks like they sell them in very specific singles, plus grab-bag packs, since he sent me 3 different versions of Krillin in single packs since he knows Krillin is the loving man.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

So I just finished reading Dragonball.. I thought Goku had some kind of adventures with Chi-Chi after beating Piccolo, but it just kinda ends with him flying away with her in tow. I know I've seen some video of him and Chi-Chi meeting Grandpa Gohan. Was that just anime filler?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I think my biggest problem with the Cell thing is that he wasn't any more intimidating than Frieza, and Gohan didn't hold back then - plus he'd had a lot more combat experience by the time they got to Cell. It just didn't make a whole lot of sense.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Frankly, I'm surprised he made it to 87 with those tumors on his shoulders, not to mention all the years of his life he must have obliterated using the Tribeam on Cell over and over.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Maybe DBH can pull out a "Cyborg Goku", eliminating the need for his weak mortal heart.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Hey guys. What if Beerus is the Yamcha of the Destroyer God realm? Or worse - what if he's the Chiaotzu?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I sincerely would love to find out that they're just scrubby little nobodies after all this build-up.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

My Xenoverse human kicked the poo poo out of both of them. If I'm remembering it right, Whis gets beaten and has to retreat, it's actually kinda unsettling, like he's never been beaten before and doesn't know how to react and sounds genuinely frightened.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Mogomra posted:

Google Image searched this.

"What part of Buu should we give him?"

HIS CROTCH AND HIS LEFT BICEP.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Really? I recall that if Beerus is on the field when Whis he'll grumble that if Whis wanted to be lazy and tap out he could at least put on a more convincing act.

It's during a mission - either fighting Beerus yourself or fighting SSG Goku, I can't remember which - where if you do it fast enough, Whis joins your party for the fight. If he gets knocked out, he leaves and says something like "This has never happened to me before, I have to retreat". It's been a long time, but I distinctly remember it because to that point I'd never had him with me on that fight, then hearing him back off was weird.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

I finally got around to watching Resurrection F. It was really good, not as good as Battle of Gods, but really good. Nice to see Roshi and Tien get some battle action. Can't wait for another Freeza tantrum in Super though, but I suppose this arc will be more fleshed out what with Goku and Vegeta visiting Whis to train more than once as was suggested in the movie.

I loved that Roshi was more qualified to help than Yamcha. The old man threw down, it was really fun to watch and I hope they do more stuff like that in Super.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

So one thing I read in the Wiki that I didn't notice in the movie is that apparently someone says Shisami (the guy who Piccolo is fighting and Gohan beats by going SSJ) was about as strong as peak Zarbon/Dodoria. So Piccolo was, at best, fighting evenly with Zarbon. SMH at Piccolo in that scene.

i think the correct answer to "who is stronger?" is always just "whoever Toriyama/the writer wants to win, "and since whoever is writing the recent movies + Super clearly wants Goku/Vegeta to win fights, they're usually the strongest.

Frieza was also concerned with training to reach a power level of 1.3 million, so take everything in that movie with a grain of salt.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

If Heroes doesn't use SSJ Satan and God of Destruction Beebus, they're missing a huge opportunity.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Someone repost that gif, I'm on mobile. I had to pause it I was laughing so hard.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

They're just doing DBM aren't they?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Edit: First ever double post.. that was weird.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Does anyone have a link to that new Super Manga? I wanted to take another look at it and I can't track it down now..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

No, the "other" one.. that may have shown up earlier than was intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Not working unfortunately.. Possibly nuked?

• Locked thread