Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Jeb Bush
Scott Walker
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Mike Huckabee
Rand Paul
John Kasich
Chris Christie
Carly Fiorina
View Results

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
LIVE STREAMS

http://www.cnn.com/ will be available for free, no logins required.
During commercials, the CNN stream will say "Sign in to keep watching" but you don't need to.

In case the official one doesn't work for whatever reason, these :yarr: ones did last time:

http://www.livenewschat.eu/the-republican-debates-live-stream/
http://www.stream2watch.co/live-tv/us/fox-news-live-stream
http://www.hulkusc.com/watch-fox-news-live-streaming/

IRC

https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=EU.synirc.net%3A%2B7001&channel=%23Poligoon

LOGISTICS

Venue: Ronald Reagan (PBUH) Presidential Library, Simi Valley, CA
Sponsors: CNN, Salem Radio
Moderators: Jake Tapper and Dana Bash with additional questions from Hugh Hewitt

THE CONTENDERS

With their greatest political achievement and average from the five polls CNN used to determine who was in each debate.

Claims to be Constitutionally Eligible - 23.929%

former Governor of Florida - 11.500%

Governor of Wisconsin - 9.429%

Neurosurgeon - 8.929%

Senator from Texas - 6.286%

Senator from Florida - 5.643%

former Governor of Arkansas - 5.571%

Senator from Kentucky - 4.714%

Governor of Ohio - 3.214%

Governor of New Jersey - 3.143%

Former CEO of HP - 2.229%

Joementum has issued a correction as of 23:05 on Sep 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!
No gif for Carly, Joe?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Don't forget the position of the candidates:

Our lord of the hair Donald Trump in the center of the stage, as he should be.

And with Jeb! right next to him, to ensure easy access if a brawl starts between them.

Seriously though, I can't wait to see Trump vs Jeb!, it's going to be amazing.:getin:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Captain_Maclaine posted:

No gif for Carly, Joe?

I got lazy when I made the original set, but I went back and made one for her. The YouTube->gif site I used changed in the meantime and hers is all sped up for some reason, but that'll have to do :effort:

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
trump is either going to aggressively prepare for hewitt's questions, or aggressively not prepare. either way will make for more entertaining TV than anything on prime time broadcast network timeslots and upon that basis alone trump will remain competitive as a candidate. in summary: death to america. one love, y'all.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Willie Tomg posted:

trump is either going to aggressively prepare for hewitt's questions, or aggressively not prepare. either way will make for more entertaining TV than anything on prime time broadcast network timeslots and upon that basis alone trump will remain competitive as a candidate. in summary: death to america. one love, y'all.
I think we might be in for a surprise, Trump kinda got blindsided on the "Quds vs Kurds" thing, and The Donald does not like to be blindsided. That incident might have gotten him to bone up on Foreign Policy more than he would have done otherwise.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
Joe, I just wanted to say thank you for all the work you put into this. I would probably find an excuse to do something else if it wasn't for the ease with which you have packaged all this up for us.

I missed the Kid's Table last time, but I'm pumped to watch both this time.

In short, Joementum poster of the year all years :swoon:

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

I'm going to miss the first hour :smith:

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
I'm surprised they don't have animatronic Reagan or something running by now. Or gently caress it. Animatronic Jesus. The Supreme Court didn't make that "animatrons are citizens" rule for nothing.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Spiky Ooze posted:

I'm surprised they don't have animatronic Reagan or something running by now. Or gently caress it. Animatronic Jesus. The Supreme Court didn't make that "animatrons are citizens" rule for nothing.

A guy made a hologram version of Reagan, but the Romney campaign wouldn't let him show it at the 2012 RNC because they were afraid it would upstage Mitt.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Joementum posted:

A guy made a hologram version of Reagan, but the Romney campaign wouldn't let him show it at the 2012 RNC because they were afraid it would upstage Mitt.

lol i assumed this was a joke but nope

http://gawker.com/5939401/hologram-ronald-reagan-cancelled-for-being-more-interesting-than-mitt-romney

Fish Cant Hold Gun
Jul 2, 2015

by Ralp
Isn't 8pm est a little early? Means the pacific coast working class is going to miss whatever hand-raising shenanigans open this thing up, and we'll miss the junior baby debate entirely

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Everyone is going to go after Trump in the second area he has the most appeal in and alienate themselves.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I am sad that "Hugh Hewitt" isn't an option in the Debate Winners Poll.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

fade5 posted:

I think we might be in for a surprise, Trump kinda got blindsided on the "Quds vs Kurds" thing, and The Donald does not like to be blindsided. That incident might have gotten him to bone up on Foreign Policy more than he would have done otherwise.

yeah thats kinda the "worry" which i say in quotes because no loving way is trump winning the general in any event

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Will Donald and John Ellis fist fight? If so, I bet John Ellis wins.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Joementum posted:

I got lazy when I made the original set, but I went back and made one for her. The YouTube->gif site I used changed in the meantime and hers is all sped up for some reason, but that'll have to do :effort:

Joe my friend, in the future there is a tool that makes this easy:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gooncam/

I look forward to asinine political gifs from you

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Ten bucks says Trump "boning up" on foreign policy just means he read the latest issue of Foreign Policy

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Fish Cant Hold Gun posted:

Isn't 8pm est a little early? Means the pacific coast working class is going to miss whatever hand-raising shenanigans open this thing up, and we'll miss the junior baby debate entirely

They'll probably do a rebroadcast or something for the West Coast.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Anyone taking bets on Trump using a taser on Bush in an attempt to energize him a bit?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
post your favorite debate bingo cards itt

from last debate - A Good Card

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Willie Tomg posted:

yeah thats kinda the "worry" which i say in quotes because no loving way is trump winning the general in any event

They said he'd never run.
They said he'd never be taken seriously.
They said he'd flame out after dissing McCain.

We live in a post-sanity world now. I discount nothing. Nothing.

Delta-Wye posted:

post your favorite debate bingo cards itt

from last debate - A Good Card

I assume the point of this is Cover All

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

*edges across row of theater seats, holding giant trough of popcorn, nachos and diet soda*

excuse me, excuse me

*sits down in exact center of row, right in front of the screen*

wait

*climbs over seats to move up one row*

There. Perfect. Optimal viewing spot.

*sips soda loudly and turns off cell phone*

I love getting here early. It's worth it to have the best seat.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So the line of questioning from CNN I assume will be less full blown conservative agenda propaganda?

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

greatn posted:

So the line of questioning from CNN I assume will be less full blown conservative agenda propaganda?

With Hugh Hewitt as a moderator, I wouldn't bet on it.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
To be fair (twitch) to FOX News (shudder), you can hardly fault them for being conservative in a Republican primary debate, and they seemed relatively hostile to all the candidates

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Xenophon posted:

To be fair (twitch) to FOX News (shudder), you can hardly fault them for being conservative in a Republican primary debate, and they seemed relatively hostile to all the candidates

Yeah, I much preferred that debate to situations we had in, say, 2008 where Democrats would debate on Fox News or Republicans on MSNBC.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Holy gently caress the advertising for this is awful.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Weird BIAS posted:

Holy gently caress the advertising for this is awful.

They should have just remade the Fury Road trailer with the candidates. Trump as Immortan Joe, hoarding all the voters, and Jeb as Max and Furiosirina as the secret weapon to try and take him down.

Fish Cant Hold Gun
Jul 2, 2015

by Ralp

Xelkelvos posted:

They'll probably do a rebroadcast or something for the West Coast.

Yeah, but I want to see it live in case:

Thump! posted:

Anyone taking bets on Trump using a taser on Bush in an attempt to energize him a bit?

A presidential candidate taking out a taser and tazing another candidate on the debate stage would be too awesome for this universe to handle, causing it to explode like the Special Edition Death Star

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Nobody's getting tased but there's this feeling like we might actually see someone throw a punch. Things have only gotten more vitriolic since the last debate, emotions running high, candidates desperate to reverse their slide in the polls and more than a few bottomfeeders have embraced the strategy of attacking Trump to get attention.

Jeb of all people seems oddly close to cracking, I want to see Trump mock him mercilessly until he makes the fatal mistake of trying to win a blustering insult fight with the twitter grand master.

Edit: VVVV Paul and Christie on opposite ends is a bit disappointing.

Dolash has issued a correction as of 17:13 on Sep 16, 2015

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I shoulda known you'd be on top of this Joe :3: I was just going to ask about this in the USPOL thread.

position of candidates without CNN anchor/graphic overlay.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
trump u make my heart go TRUMP trump TRUMP trump

ive never been this excited about politics ever. i might actually vote

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

whitey delenda est posted:

I shoulda known you'd be on top of this Joe :3: I was just going to ask about this in the USPOL thread.

position of candidates without CNN anchor/graphic overlay.

im glad they put him directly in the center but its inexcusable that they dont have trumps podium on a platform a few feet above the rest with a spotlight directly on it, already emblazoned with a gold presidential seal

Sheng-Ji Yang has issued a correction as of 17:18 on Sep 16, 2015

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Trump should threaten to boycott the next debate unless the host lets the highest candidate in the polls decorate the stage. He might have a chance, the man is TV ratings gold.

Then watch as by the next debate, Carson surges and the new frontrunner makes the stage look like an OR, and Trump as the patient.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Internet Webguy posted:

They should have just remade the Fury Road trailer with the candidates. Trump as Immortan Joe, hoarding all the voters, and Jeb as Max and Furiosirina as the secret weapon to try and take him down.

"I am the scales of justice! Conductor of the choir of Death!"

*Holds out arms and rains down free hats on the audience*

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I thought Lindsey the Warhawk Graham was the Bullet Farmer though :confused:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Thump! posted:

I thought Lindsey the Warhawk Graham was the Bullet Farmer though :confused:

He's the dead baby. And perfect in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Trump doesn't need to "study" anything you fools. He's never been wrong. He said so.

• Locked thread