Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vo0do0leW
Jul 12, 2015
**WARNING**
This let's play is purely for fun. Firstly it contains a lot of strong language, so if you don't enjoy watching video Let's Plays with
effing and jeffing in them, I wouldn't watch this one!
Also it's not a masterclass play through, I don't know everything about the game, I'm not showing off glitches, I'm not really doing anything new
so if that seems dull, don't watch. I will also be editing out a lot of the story line cut scenes, but I'm sure everyone knows them by now, right?
Please be sure to read this warning and the post before complaining that this Let's Play is not what you were looking for,
I'm making it as clear as I can as to what kind of Let's Play this is!
Thank You
**WARNING**

So What Exactly Are You Doing Here Then?
While I know this game has been Let's Played time and time again, it still is one of my favourite games, (I'm British before you say I've spelt favourite wrong),
so I wanted to have my own journey through the game on my YouTube channel, and as part of the Zelda Let's Play community.
Everyone's Let's Plays are slightly different, and this is what my one is, and I'm sharing it with whoever wants to watch it.

What Will I Be Doing?
I'll be playing the Gamecube version of this game, which was included with a special edition of The Wind Waker.
Also, I like things to be organised so I've broken down my episodes into temple by temple episodes, with a special episode every now
and then.
However having the episodes like this does mean that some can be quite long. But I thought that having them longer instead of stopping in
a random place every 20 minutes would make the viewing as a whole easier, and more enjoyable.
Also there will be a couple of special episodes for heart pieces, gold skulltula and side quests.

What About The Story Line?
As I mentioned above I will be editing out a lot of the story line. This isn't a Let's Play demonstrating how incredible the games story is (which it is), it's me just having a good time talking nonsense over the top of the game play.
While some people might prefer a Let's Play where there's no talking and every scene is kept in the videos so it's more like a movie, which is understandable, this Let's Play IS NOT that kind of let's play.

Don't Panic, No Face Cam
I know pretty much everyone on here won't know who I am, but a while ago my first post on the something awful forums was a Blood Let's Play I was doing at the time.
I had a face cam on it (if you end up on my YouTube channel don't be surprised that some videos do), and the whole thing was heavily objected against. But hey, I was new here I didn't know people hated face cams.
Anyway, long story short my webcam broke so i decided to do a game that I knew in the meantime, hence this Let's Play. Also since it has no face cam I thought I'd share it on here and see if people would enjoy my commentary style without the face cam. Who knows.

Anything Else?
I think that's pretty much everything, but I'll do a quick recap. Here's what to expect;
  • It's the Gamecube version
  • No long story cut scenes
  • A lot of bad language and swearing
  • Editing here and there to cut out unimportant bits that would make the videos even longer
  • No face cam
  • A "Temple" per episode
Also the episodes will be coming out every other day. At the time of writing this I have 9 recorded, which takes us up to the end of the Spirit Temple.
They will be coming out every other day (the dates will be posted next to the links below).
Other than that, just enjoy it really. Don't take it too seriously, and if you enjoy it let me know. If you don't try not to be too harsh and move on,
no hard feelings.

EPISODE LIST

Vo0do0leW fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Sep 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

*burp* please enter the sand castle and then burn there

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Why is your message to read the warning embedded in the warning itself?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I love youtube dumps

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

What is "jeffing"

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

The name Daria was already taken.

Mazed posted:

What is "jeffing"

A pro strat for playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Gamecube Edition. You probably wouldn't understand.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Vo0do0leW posted:

What About The Story Line?
As I mentioned above I will be editing out a lot of the story line. This isn't a Let's Play demonstrating how incredible the games story is (which it is), it's me just having a good time talking nonsense over the top of the game play.
While some people might prefer a Let's Play where there's no talking and every scene is kept in the videos so it's more like a movie, which is understandable, this Let's Play IS NOT that kind of let's play.

Because what people really want to see in an LP of a story-driven game is gameplay without context and random chatter over it for hours at a stretch.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
You're not allowed to post an Ocarina of Time Let's Play unless you can do a Trials Skip, a Bridge Hop (cucco-less, of course), and three Navi Dives of your choice.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Suspicious Dish posted:

You're not allowed to post an Ocarina of Time Let's Play unless you can do a Trials Skip, a Bridge Hop (cucco-less, of course), and three Navi Dives of your choice.

I can't wait until Tor has to fight Ganondork

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

This LP is almost perfect. My one critique and piece of advice would be to bring back the face cam. 5/5

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

the video quality looks like mud, amazing.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Stop jeffing the op, guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

corn in the bible posted:

Stop jeffing the op, guys

we're clearly Effing him, not jeffing. As in "This lp would be graded F."