Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HylianShroom
Feb 24, 2013

Let's Play The Metal Gear Solid Series!

I somehow missed out on playing the Metal Gear Solid games, so I'm doing it now!
This series is intended for people who want to see someone's first experience with the series and people who are new to the series and want to experience it through me for some reason.
I'm playing them in mostly release order, but I'm holding off on the MSX games until after MGSV.

The order:
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

Please keep spoilers in the thread to a minimum.

HylianShroom fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Sep 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HylianShroom
Feb 24, 2013

Saving this space for later.

Gideon020
Apr 23, 2011
Aw, I thought you were going to do them in chronological timeline order. Still, good luck buddy, you're gonna need it.

HylianShroom
Feb 24, 2013

Nah, I'm playing them as if I were experiencing the series when it came out, and this way I can see how the games evolved over time (for instance, I know the controls greatly improve after the first one).

RealSovietBear
Aug 14, 2013

Bears from Space
Oh man, playing Metal Gear games for the first time is a real experience. I played 2 and 3 for the first time this year and it was amazing.

Also, it's non-canon and... a Game Boy game, but for what it is, people say Metal Gear Ghost Babel is quite good. Might want to add that to the list.

HylianShroom
Feb 24, 2013

RealSovietBear posted:

Also, it's non-canon and... a Game Boy game, but for what it is, people say Metal Gear Ghost Babel is quite good. Might want to add that to the list.

It looks interesting enough. I'll have to figure out when exactly I want to do it but I'll definitely check it out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HylianShroom
Feb 24, 2013

We successfully sneak into the facility, only getting caught a handful of times, and learn about a secret "black project".

• Locked thread