Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
A lot of people use spacers. As long as you get something quality, and get the correct length lug bolts to go with it, you'll be fine. I guarantee you'll like the look better with some spacers to get the wheel closer to the edge of the wheel well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
That came across my Instagram feed and I immediately thought "oh no" and thought of this thread. Poor car.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Sorry to see it go, but I'm sure you'll find something else cool for the next purchase. Already got some ideas?

Also thanks for taking us through the BaT process. It's neat seeing what goes into that.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Muffinpox posted:

I hate to drop the "soul" moniker but you can feel the Ferrari was built to be driven and enjoyed and forget the rest, while the NSX was something you could live with everyday.
This is true. On the Youtube Kimbo linked on the previous page (512TR v 993 Turbo), I went into it thinking "well, Doug loves Porsches and I'm sure the Turbo is technically the better car, so I'm sure he'll choose it. But when you see his reaction when he starts driving the Ferrari, you can tell that's THE car. And in the end he surprised me by picking it.

For those lucky enough to have a separate "fun" car, picking something that doesn't necessarily look the best on paper can definitely lead to a better experience overall. Because yeah, technically, an NSX would be a better choice. But a 348 would be a much better experience overall, aside from maintenance of course :v:

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

I wonder how much debate BaT had about taking this auction:
http://bringatrailer.com/listing/2003-volkswagen-20th-anniversary/
It's pretty cool that they still take some low dollar cars that are interesting/popular. Just now they've got an e30 318 slicktop that's in so-so condition and an 60-series Land Cruiser that's got some rust, both going for low-mid 4 figures. Takes me back to the pre-auction days when not everything going through BAT was speculation/investment grade.

I'm also going to watch this and see where it ends up. It's only at ~11k with 4 hours to go, but it has some cosmetic damage and an accident on it's history. Aside from that it's the most desirable option combo for that car, IMO of course.
http://bringatrailer.com/listing/2004-bmw-m3-coupe-4/

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

I'm surprised it's not more common with small volume car communities.

Picked up the Boxster. I really miss the gated shifter :(. Keep trying to put it into 2nd. Stalled at a light twice not realizing that's what I'd done.

Missed the big race, but still passed by:

You're doing a fly and drive on a sub-$10k Boxster? Brave! Good luck!

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Only IMO but if youre going to do a teardown and rebuild, cheaping out on a camshaft wouldnt by my choice of a cash saving method. Especially on that engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Haha, AC and Sunroofs are like two of the worst jobs for DIY'ers, imo.

• Locked thread