Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Captain Beans posted:

He isn't asking for hit indicators (flashing around your crosshairs), he is asking for in game world feedback from models getting shot.

Example if they are hit in the shoulder they should flinch back on that shoulder and have maybe a tiny puff of blood/dirt. It looks strange if people have no reaction to being hit until they are dead and fall down. That's like a human shaped cardboard target.

Battlefront, battlefield 3 & 4 are great examples of this kind of hit reaction animation, although I imagine it's a lot of work.

So basically he wants the game to be less realistic? Because these are not things that happen outside of hollywood/vidogems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Justin Tyme posted:

In this case yes, and the devs have said as much that realism takes second place to gameplay in certain situations. Having a little puff of blood/a little flinch/a little "urgh" is a necessary quality of life improvement. I don't care if it's unrealistic, it's better for gameplay's sake. It's a game, not a simulator, despite what the streamers and youtubers might say.

I don't see this is how necessary or better at all, but it looks like you're going to get your wish and I'm not going to buy the game either way so alls well that ends well? Frankly I thought it was extremely cool that there was no indicator. Because seriously what's the difference, do you stop shooting people before they fall down in other games?