Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
This movie looks fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_shEgcWHC2U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Andarel posted:

Getting some real Movie 6 flashbacks there.

Movie 6 was good though so that's okay.

The director of this one was the assistant director on movie 6 interestingly enough.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

So what exactly did Nami loose from her power set?

I think it's something she picked up from the timeskip that hasn't been revealed yet. Probably will be revealed when she has a major battle and she loses her main climatact or something.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Shoren posted:

From recently reading through Thriller Bark again, there are two things that I think are interesting and relevant in light of recent events. The first being incredibly obvious that Lola is very likely one of Big Mom's daughters and having a signed vivre card is probably what will end up saving Sanji without a fight in the end.

The second is from Sanji's fight with Absalom. During the fight, Sanji mentions how Absalom destroyed one of his dreams of obtaining the invisible DF. He mentioned how it was something that he dreamed of from a very young age and that he even memorized it's details from the Big Book of Devil Fruits. That was quickly turned around as a peeping Tom gag, but what if Sanji actually wanted it for assassination purposes?

I'm of the opinion that Lola is not related to Big Mom. More likely, her mom is Bakkin.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Shoren posted:

I'm not so sure of that. Lola says that her "mama" is a pirate in the New World and her first mate(?) says she's an amazing pirate. Lola also says that if they follow the vivre card to her "mama" then she'll help them out if they need it. Bakkin doesn't seem like a pirate nor does she seem like the type to help anyone but herself. She was just using Weevil's retard-strength to obtain money. It's possible that Lola's mom isn't Big Mom and some other prominent female pirate will be introduced later, but right now it seems like Big Mom is pretty likely.

Her son was deemed strong enough to become a Shichibukai, that's big influence already. She also seems to have a similar personality to Lola in how they seek love.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Does anyone else get the feeling Oda retconned Sanji's past to have a connection with this Germa 66 group? It just seems like a way of tying Sanji to Big Mom and to get the Straw Hats involved.

There was always something up about the fact that Oda had Sanji come from North Blue unlike the other Straw Hats. In any case, Oda left that fact as a potential plot hook which he's now using.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Shoren posted:

There has to be an SBS where someone asked the question of what would happen if a human ate the fruit Chopper has, or if any animal ate the zoan fruit corresponding to their species. Would they become super powerful? Would they explode?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Well, powers thematically matching with Big Mom's wonderland crew.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
One Piece Film Gold was pretty drat fun. Everyone should watch it when they get the chance. Probably my favorite One Piece movie that's not Baron Omatsuri

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Kild posted:

It was okay. But it had CP0 and Sabo there without reason, and the ending fight wasn't very good.

I'll admit it probably juggled a few too many subplots/cameos in the final act, but all the setup and the heist itself was pretty fantastic.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah, I got my friend hooked through Baratie/Arlong in anime form. He had given it a shot with the first couple chapters, but it was the combination of Arlong arc being really good, and the anime adaptation of it being pretty fantastic was what got him.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The 6th One Piece movie is a very good movie, but it isn't exactly a very One Piece-ish movie either. The story goes it basically reflects Hosoda's work experience at Studio Ghibli, where he was wrung down by the studio culture there, or so I hear. Basically you could make the metaphorical reading that he really wanted to punch Miyazaki in the face.

Anyways, One Piece movies I recommend other than movie 6 are Dead End Adventure, Strong World, and Gold. One Piece Z is cool too, but it didn't quite hook me like Strong World and Gold did. But yeah, these sets of movies are a bit more representative of One Piece I feel, while movie 6 is good for other reasons separate from One Piece.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sub Harrison posted:

Naruto had some serious power level issues with the final arc. Madara bodied the 5 strongest ninja leaders all at once, off-screen, making him the incomprehensibly strongest character at his debut. Then Obito got a stronger form from the 10tails thing, then the first goodguy hokage came back immortal and even stronger than madara, then madara came back to life and got even stronger stronger, then madara got his eyes back making him super stronger stronger, then he absorbed all the animals and became super duper stronger stronger, then naruto and sasuke got super duper pooper scooper strong upgrades from the ghost of the strongest stronger strongest ninja to ever live strong, then that guy's WIFE GOT RESURRECTED and she was the strongest stronger strongest strong strongest of them all. It's like fighting Vegeta, Freiza, Cell, Buu and the Cat Man from DBS all at the same time.

This happened all within the space of 72 hours too. Maybe less, my memory got fuzzy about that timespan, since it was basically a few days stretched out to a couple of years

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
This Pudding is good, I like this Pudding

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

The World Inferno posted:

I'd never thought about it before, but there aren't many like, couples in this world eh? I'm having a hard time off hand coming up with a romanic couple.

It's impressive that he's written so much without relying on that hook.

Sai and Baby 5 got married so there’s that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
https://twitter.com/opforum_net/status/1002663518515101698