Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
Do you think its good when CEOs die so that they cant steal money from poor people anymore? like from Marxism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bacalou

ceos don't steal money they have people for that

bacalou

if the ceo is even half worth being in charge they've made sure the money will be stolen even if they die

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

bacalou posted:

if the ceo is even half worth being in charge they've made sure the money will be stolen even if they die

I.N.R.I

bacalou posted:

Wow ... thats nefarious. Thats from Marxism as well isnt it ?

I.N.R.I
Even when CEOs do philanthropy its just so they can get more money from being in the newspapers and stuff. Imagine a world without CEOs ... everyone would have more money

Rodatose

corn, corn, corn

I.N.R.I posted:

Even when CEOs do philanthropy its just so they can get more money from being in the newspapers and stuff. Imagine a world without CEOs ... everyone would have more money

I imagined it and all that changed was that there were twice as many CFOs.

you can sense the contempt in how they barely bothered to disguise themselves, just nudging one letter up a spot. it's like duhhh who could that be

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
i love money! gimme the moolah, baby!

I.N.R.I

Glass Bottom Boat posted:

i love money! gimme the moolah, baby!

i read from marxism that CEOs think stuff such as: i have all this money , but i need more money. i need to get more money from poor people and make the company bigger so it can get money from people even faster so that they have to spend more of their time getting more money to give to me and less time QQing abiout it.

ron color
The CEO died and --he was actually a sack of pennies the whole time

Pro Target

yes

joke_explainer

I don't think in general it's a good thing when anybody dies. Death is pretty horrible, something unique is always destroyed and the friends and family have to deal with a great trauma. While I can see how people might think 'Well, if someone is causing more suffering in the world than their death will cause, seems like the math checks out' but I think the acceptance of causing the pain of losing someone is not good. Do I wish I could stop the worst powerful executives in the world from stealing, exploiting and killing? Of course, but I don't think it justifies murder. I feel the same way about most criminals. I think the only time you can really justify killing another human being is in defense and even then it is a tragedy that some people never recover from.

I think the real problem is just the legal loopholes that allow huge corporations the ability to behave criminally without facing penalties. Companies like Chevron purposefully got poor countries over a barrel economically and contracted mercenaries to force slaves to construct pipelines for them, great deal for them but completely sociopathic. Nestle notoriously tested formula on poor nations by taking out ad campaigns deriding breast milk when many water sources were very dangerous for an infant. There's no doubt CEOs and other high level decision makers in some companies choose to do things that should not be something you get away with. But I wouldn't want to see them die or think that their hosed up ideology invalidates their right to live. Jail for criminal actions would be good though, some method to stop the criminal actions other than death, that's ok I think.

Salmiakki

ron color posted:

The CEO died and --he was actually a sack of pennies the whole time

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
it doesn't matter, the same handful of CEOs have been running the businesses for over a century. they just transfer their consciousness into a new body, it's a perk only available to the ultra elite

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

I.N.R.I posted:

i read from marxism that CEOs think stuff such as: i have all this money , but i need more money. i need to get more money from poor people and make the company bigger so it can get money from people even faster so that they have to spend more of their time getting more money to give to me and less time QQing abiout it.

i heard a piece on NPR (marxist public radio) that making lots of money is the same as doing coke. this is the BYOB drug weed forum so drugs are good and so is making lotsa dough like in the rap songs

weird

by zen death robot

I.N.R.I posted:

----------------

Cyberbird

anyone with more than a billion dollars is inherently a bad person hth

smoobles

when i am a big CEO i plan to kill myself and be buried with cold hard cash so no poors can get to it

----------------

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

joke_explainer posted:

I don't think in general it's a good thing when anybody dies. Death is pretty horrible, something unique is always destroyed and the friends and family have to deal with a great trauma. While I can see how people might think 'Well, if someone is causing more suffering in the world than their death will cause, seems like the math checks out' but I think the acceptance of causing the pain of losing someone is not good. Do I wish I could stop the worst powerful executives in the world from stealing, exploiting and killing? Of course, but I don't think it justifies murder. I feel the same way about most criminals. I think the only time you can really justify killing another human being is in defense and even then it is a tragedy that some people never recover from.

I think the real problem is just the legal loopholes that allow huge corporations the ability to behave criminally without facing penalties. Companies like Chevron purposefully got poor countries over a barrel economically and contracted mercenaries to force slaves to construct pipelines for them, great deal for them but completely sociopathic. Nestle notoriously tested formula on poor nations by taking out ad campaigns deriding breast milk when many water sources were very dangerous for an infant. There's no doubt CEOs and other high level decision makers in some companies choose to do things that should not be something you get away with. But I wouldn't want to see them die or think that their hosed up ideology invalidates their right to live. Jail for criminal actions would be good though, some method to stop the criminal actions other than death, that's ok I think.

The problem is finding someone powerful and just enough to force them to face the consequences of their crimes instead of throwing money at it and evading prosecution and prison time.

Also, serving out their sentence in a prison like anyone else would, instead of somewhere fancy where they are coddled and treated better than, say, someone desperately poor locked up for selling a couple ounces of pot.

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
i think it's good when ceos die and give their bodies to the poor for nutrition

----------------

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
I would rather eat their dollars and objects

Commie NedFlanders

I.N.R.I posted:

CEOs don't think nor can they be faulted for doing their job well. They are puppets of capital, as blind as the commodities that propel their lifeless husks

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
Love God, Love Thy Neighbor
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

shark tank stole the emmy tonight from Antique Roadshow, i bet those CEO shark billionaire bastards probably have a patent on stealin awards they dont deserve. i think we've let this whole CEO problem go on too long now when they start stealing from hard working salt of the earth antique people, real fuckin travesty here

I.N.R.I

Glass Bottom Boat posted:

i heard a piece on NPR (marxist public radio) that making lots of money is the same as doing coke. this is the BYOB drug weed forum so drugs are good and so is making lotsa dough like in the rap songs

Good point. like i already know from watching hollywood movies that lots of them buy cocaine with the money too, or at least they used to do that in the 80s, when they were younger and had mullets. i wonder if habittually doing cocaine is like a gateway drug that leads to you getting lots of money and being addicted to getting more

School Nickname

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

smoobles posted:

when i am a big CEO i plan to kill myself and be buried with cold hard cash so no poors can get to it

to protect my stolen ceo money from grave robbers I will build a pyramid to house my corpse and money, then offer my soul to Set to curse any who may find and disturb my treasures

Rodatose

corn, corn, corn

School Nickname posted:

to protect my stolen ceo money from grave robbers I will build a pyramid to house my corpse and money, then offer my soul to Set to curse any who may find and disturb my treasures

I'm investing my CEO plunder in gold, so when I die I can have it all strapped to me as I'm floated out on a barge and dropped overboard. my wealth will be cast to the deepest part of the ocean, where not even the gross toothy fish can get ahold of it

FutonForensic

smoobles posted:

the Tutankhamun approach to business is really on the upswing

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!

School Nickname posted:

mine is going straight into the claw machine

El Spider

CEOs love it when their kin perish because they drop all the items in their inventory on death

----------------

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

El Spider posted:

CEOs love it when their kin perish because they drop all the items in their inventory on death

shanking their kin and taking their loot is the rite of initiation for the tribe of CEOs' strongest warriors

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

El Spider

Batman probably smiled when he murdered Ingmar Krump because all his possessions immediately dropped to the ground in a well organized pile when he finished dispatching him

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

El Spider posted:

El Spider posted:

Batman probably smiled when he murdered Ingmar Krump because all his possessions immediately dropped to the ground in a well organized pile when he finished dispatching him

----------------

• Locked thread