Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Bruceski posted:

Man, that shot did exactly what I hoped it would do. Nicely done.

I truly am the Candide of LPs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Ok so I googled "on screen protractor" without quotes and the two least shifty results are a sourceforge project with one five star vote (:rolleyes:) and something that wants to charge thirty loving dollars. :laffo: So much for the random angle idea. :rip:

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

AlphaKretin posted:

Ok so I googled "on screen protractor" without quotes and the two least shifty results are a sourceforge project with one five star vote (:rolleyes:) and something that wants to charge thirty loving dollars. :laffo: So much for the random angle idea. :rip:

random.org and a little eyeballing is too much work, eh?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Lacedaemonius posted:

random.org and a little eyeballing is too much work, eh?

Covski specifically vetoed the idea for the obstacle of getting a protractor on screen, ask him. :shrug:

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Just get an actual protractor and hold it to your monitor.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

quote:

implications that I'm not putting enough effort into this admittedly v chill LP
Hey now, I absolutely could half-rear end it by guesstimating the angle or using a physical protractor, but I wanna do this right and visually impressive since you guys seem to like the idea so much! :)

Choco1980 posted:

Try to hit it all the way up the ramp on the right so it rolls down and causes chaos.

this is a hilarious dog thank you

I hope this was sufficently chaotic!

Four amazing turns of super guide to go! Next shot will be decided by the poster that provides the best peggle-related proverb!

Also sorry about the slow update pace, work has been keeping me delightfully busy!

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

"Don't put all your pegs in one basket"

I'd like to try aiming for the top orange peg of what remains of the right-hand slide, and see if we can use Super Guide to rebound onto the purple peg.

With ten balls and only six orange pegs, this is looking pretty good.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

"The Points-Powergaming Pony Pops the Purple Pegs"

And do that

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

"The best-laid plans often bounce off the wrong ******** peg and DAMNIT RIGHT INTO THE ONE EMPTY-"

Wipe out the left, threading the needle between the round orange then the blues to hit the orange block.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Although come to think of it, in case my suggestion can't be done, I'd be happy to bounce off any of those orange pegs on the right as long as it can be bounced into the purple peg from there.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
A man and his Peggles are soon parted.

See if you can bounce it inside those two horizontal rows on the left to bounce around for fun and profit.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

A shot in time saves nine one.

Choco1980 posted:

See if you can bounce it inside those two horizontal rows on the left to bounce around for fun and profit.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Measure Super Guide twice, cut shoot once.

Choco1980 posted:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Give a man a game, he'll enjoy himself for a day.
Teach a man to Peggle and he'll rack up thousands of hours played on steam.

Hit only the top left round peg.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Sorry again about the lack of updates, now both work and Nanowrimo are kicking my rear end :)

Ahundredbux posted:

Give a man a game, he'll enjoy himself for a day.
Teach a man to Peggle and he'll rack up thousands of hours played on steam.

Hit only the top left round peg.

Too true :smith:

(I was going to try to get it in the bucket, but I felt that it would be against the spirit of the suggestion :colbert:)

This was a bad shot, let's take another one.

Zomborgon posted:

"The best-laid plans often bounce off the wrong ******** peg and DAMNIT RIGHT INTO THE ONE EMPTY-"

Wipe out the left, threading the needle between the round orange then the blues to hit the orange block.

This was also a hard shot, proving the proverb to be entirely correct :( The best laid plans of pegs and men horribly mutated beasts, and all that!

Next shot will be decided by whoever posts the picture of the best hat.

Covski fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 7, 2015

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Covski posted:

(I was going to try to get it in the bucket, but I felt that it would be against the spirit of the suggestion :colbert:)

This was a bad shot, let's take another one.

I disagree, I would say it was the perfect shot

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
This guy has the right idea:

Try and get both orange blocks in the bottom right, and land in the bucket

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Gonna second both the shot and the great hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I bet the back of his head/neck smells really bad.

• Locked thread