Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I wasn't sure what to expect with this show, but I'm glad I DVR'd it - personally, I think it is the best show this season. The new stuff (so far) has been disappointing, and the returning stuff that I liked has ranged form meh to terrible (Sleepy Hollow, I'm looking at you.)

Buzkashi posted:

Chad is my favorite thing about this show, I can't imagine how much fun the actor is having portraying him.
Agreed. That guy is charismatic as hell.

"Are you going to touch my weiner or are you going to leave my weiner alone?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

aBagorn posted:

He will. There's no doubt

I have no experience with anything this guy has done previously, but I'm hoping it runs for only one season with the current storyline - I can't see it continuing for multiple seasons without it being intolerable to watch.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

fwuh posted:

The twins went viral on YouTube for a coming out video. Then they had a meeting with Ryan and just...wound up with super minor roles. I had to look this up a while ago because their acting was distractingly bad.
Huh. I thought that the whole joke was that the entire Golf frat (except for Chad) was secretly gay. I know they had a three-way with Chanel 5(?), but everyone in the frat is certainly coming off as being very much on the edge of going full on gay at any second...

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

scary ghost dog posted:

final girl is the worst movie ive seen all year and shes horrible in it

Is it? I heard it was pretty good - guess I can scratch it off my list then.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Final Girls is apparently the good (or insufferable) movie. Final Girl is bad.

Oh, ok - I didn't realize there were two movies with almost the same name.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Happitoo posted:

Candlegate
The only issue I see with this is that there would be no reason to fake getting killed by the Red Devil. She is alone in her room and asks for the Red Devil to remove his/her mask so she can confirm her suspicion. Then she gets a knife (icepick? I can't remember) punched through her skull. There would be no need for those theatrics if she was the other Red Devil. They could have just implied she was killed and placed her "corpse" on the table with the candles. When Boone was "killed," all we saw was the aftermath.

It's a good theory, and the candles lend credence, but it's not her. I think we've seen everyone else actually get murdered, so the killer has to be one of the remaining main cast (unless they do something stupid and make it a throwaway character we haven't seen since episode 1 or something.)

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Happitoo posted:

That was Predatory Lez that asked for the killer to take off the mask (also during the blackout episode... so CANDLES!!).

And I just assume Vlogger got a knife in the skull because she was recording a vlog at the time, meaning there's "proof" she's dead.

Oh, also Vlogger is the only person not present when they discover Predatory Lez's body. She shows up afterwards. Pretty sure she's also missing from the dance party (although I'd have to go back and double check).

All valid. I'll allow it.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

DivisionPost posted:

More importantly: How much juice do you think Ryan Murphy has with his friend / Emma Roberts' aunt Julia?

Enough that, say, he could talk her into an under-the-radar cameo as Chanel's mother for the finale?

I was hoping that Chanel #3's mom would be Carrie Fisher.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

buddhanc posted:

Do we have one or two more episodes?
One two hour finale.

I had a weird thought at the end - that Pete has a legit twin (as in identical.) "Jack Skellington" kept saying "Pete, I love you Pete! Pete! Pete!" naming him over and over, and he just says "You don't know me at all!"

But I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. At any rate, I doubt his "I'm a murderer" confession will be a legit "I'm a Red Devil" confession.

I'm really, really hoping that the final reveal is a good surprise - they've done a good job of not telegraphing the killer (unless it is Candle Vlogger) and I've really enjoyed the show. I'm super glad they did a half-season format rather than try to stretch it out to a full 26 episodes. I think more TV should be done this way - tighter stories, less garbage.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Tiggum posted:

Another film I have not seen.
Nor have I, but I know it involves someone having a penis when they aren't expected to.

The gist is that Pete is really a girl and just pretending to be a guy. Which doesn't a make a huge amount of sense, since he was pushing Grace for sex at one point. It would have made a whole lot more sense if Grace was constantly pushing for Pete to sleep with her, and he was constantly finding ways to refuse her.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

Yeah it kind of sucks that despite being so gung-ho that Hester was obviously the killer and believing that they had proof to that effect, Grace and Zayday were still somehow swayed by Hester's accusations, to the point where a month later they're close friends with her. I was waiting for someone, anyone, to question why and how Hester had all of this evidence readily at hand.

As far as next season goes, I think it has to be a whole new story, as there's really not much left to this one. The only constant character between seasons should really be Denise Hemphill.

I'm going on the assumption that the next season will be Zayday and Grace trying to prove Hester is the murderer. I'm also assuming that the Red Devil over Chanel's bed is Chad thinking that scaring the hell out of her would somehow make her "totally wet" or something. I find it hard to believe that Grace and Zayday would just flip-flop like that and accept a maniac like Hester.

HairyNipple! posted:

I also did not like how little Chad there was in the final episodes.
Agreed. I want a show called "The Chad Radwell Chronicles."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

aBagorn posted:

Yeah I was really surprised at how much I liked her, and that this was her first acting gig. She needs to get more work

She's in the new Star Wars movie. I'm guessing because her real-life mom is Carrie Fisher. (Which is why the earmuffs and Leia-buns in the finale were so great.)

EDIT: Also, it's weird to see her smile in publicity shots, because I'm so used to her "no emotion" face on the show.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Dec 10, 2015

• Locked thread