Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

Blood -1 | Courage +2 | Grace +2 | Sense +1 | Wisdom +0

One of a collection of ragged parchments lies unfolded on the table, and the two Nomads hover over it with a brush in hand each.

"The mountain's all the way over here, that's the right one right? So that's probably the forest over there. Eh, but that's a pretty big forest, and nobody's said anything about a clearing before. Ilya, what's a menhir? Pointy, like a tree? But how are we supposed to find a tree in a forest? Not a tree? Um, that still kinda looks like a tree. Well, I guess it doesn't matter much since we gotta find a clearing first anyways. Since there's a bunch of trails here and here and here, maybe we could just look in this spot over here and not have to search so much?"

Miha paints multiple different routes along roads from Carrow to Mount Celtha while Ilya notes each detail with proper letters. The two seem to talk out each path and repaint over the ones they decide against, narrowing down their options.

"Hey, why would something in a forest be really important anyways? Wouldn't it be better to keep something with letters written on it with you so you always have it? Ah, or is it like a buried treasure there at a hidden landmark, so most people wouldn't even think about it but you could find it really easy if you remembered? That makes sense to me! I wonder what's inside?"

Ilya shrugs, keeping at her work on the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

Miha's eyes track Hanna around the room, developing into a blank stare as she realizes there isn't anything for her. W... Well, it probably wouldn't have been as good as what she could have made. Yeah... Ilya doesn't seem to care nearly as much.

"Um, leaving at night just makes us even more suspicious. The few caravans who do try to leave at night usually have accidents on the road since they can't see the road very well, and it makes it way easier for bandits to notice them and sneak up to them. If we go bright and early like normal, we'll look just like any other cart leaving here.

"Ah, and I don't know if the cart would get on a boat very well. It's pretty fast though, and it gives us more options than being stuck to the river."

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

Miha dozes around and proves generally useless while Ilya ensures the cart is in working order.

I can't really come up with a good downtime activity, so I'm just gonna pass.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
I'll throw in first real quick, just putting this here so posts don't collide while being written.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

Having traveled by cart for so long, Miha and Ilya are both totally out of their element on the river. On the upside it doesn't take fuel to park the cart, so it's not all bad. While Ilya takes the time to do maintenance that she hasn't had downtime to do for a while, Miha immediately finds herself bored. Armed with the now-stale sticky bun that she couldn't bear to eat and admit Hanna's cooking was any good, Miha learns that whatever Hanna put in the buns manages to attract fish around the boat despite usually staying clear of such a large vessel, and birds like to eat the fish as they flop out of the water.

Also birds like stale sticky buns too. Like that giant songbird that perched on the railing of the boat's stern to eat the rest of Miha's and all of Ilya's (she wasn't very hungry). They had to move the cart closer to the fore to balance things out, but Miha's pretty jazzed about having a new giant bird friend. Dunno about the others. Wonder how Hanna's dealing with it? She did bake the things, after all.

• Locked thread