Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J-Spot
May 7, 2002

My god does Julie Kavner ever sound rough these days. If they could go ahead and write Marge out of the show that would be fine with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

I was thinking if the writers are any good, the whole "Smithers comes out!" thing should be greated by "okay, thats fine, but Barts been drafted!".

Because in 2015, is it shocking to have a gay character, especially someone who has been known to be gay for what, 20 years, be revealed as such? They probably won't and we'll get a worse version of Homers Phobia.
Al Jean did an interview this week and clarified that the plot was about him coming out to Mr. Burns specifically. Supposedly the rest of the town is already aware at the time of the episode, but I imagine they'll awkwardly shoehorn Homer into the plot somehow.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I think this is a Matt Selman episode so it may be alright.

The use of the actual movie footage is interesting.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

That was in a completely different league from last week's show. Why hasn't anyone at FOX stepped in and just given the show runner job to Matt Selman?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I'm always surprised every few years when I'm reminded that John K. still exists. He used to rail against shows like The Simpsons but I guess the guy has to eat.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Welp, at least they gave us one good Halloween episode this year.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

poo poo. Not a good day to rely on the DVR.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I guess this is as good a thread as any to post the news that Matt Groening is creating a new animated series for Netflix. Hopefully he's got some talent backing him up on this. Now that Fox is only willing to green light increasingly terrible Family Guy clones it's nice to see Netflix is becoming a decent refuge for fans of animated shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Nichael posted:

I always find it crazy how there's two or three episodes a year that would fit in with the classic era pretty comfortably. The quality difference can be massive at times from episode to episode.
Those are usually the two or three episodes made each year where Matt Selman is listed as the lead executive producer. His episodes always seem to have that extra degree of polish that most episodes lack. Kind of sad to think that a little staff shakeup could put the show back on track but it will never happen.

• Locked thread