Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Latest EP:

Super Mario Maker - Goon Level Pack #2
Bowser Level Contest Pack

:mario:Quick Thread Rules::mario:
1) Don't use this thread just to try to get people to play your levels. Engage with the community!
2) Only post at most 3 levels at a time and make them your best ones.
3) Do not make Luigis
4) Do not make Lizard Wizards.
5) That's it!!!

What is Super Mario Maker?

Super Mario Maker is Nintendo's first foray into the custom Mario level world, which previously was only really available via romhacks of Mario games. The big N has taken the obvious course of action after seeing these by both releasing their own game capable of level creation and by murderkilling all the romhack videos on YouTube with the giant Copyright-Infringement boot. Most romhacks were terrible and sucked anyway so it doesn't really matter!!!!

Many consider Super Mario Maker to be a sort of spiritual successor to Mario Paint. There are a ton of references to the game in Super Mario Maker that will make you nostalgic for old videogames yet again!

Super Mario Maker not only gives players access to what was already available in the Super Mario universe, but also introduces all-new mechanics exclusive to the game. Want to stack Goombas onto Koopas onto Hammer Brothers onto Bowsers? Fire Boos out of Bill Blasters? Wear a Spiny Shell as a helmet? Make your own Automatic Mario? Super Mario Maker can do it all!!!

The game features 4 memorable themes including Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, and New Super Mario Bros. U. Each comes with their own exclusive powerup and varying mechanics similar to their base games.

It's easy to start playing player-made levels online with 100 Mario Mode, which gives you 100 lives to beat a "World" of levels randomly picked from the community, and always ends in a Castle stage. 99% of these levels suck.

Are you an aspiring creator of Marios? Want me to play your levels? That's what this LP is for! For the content of this LP, I want to showcase playthroughs of a lot of Goon-made levels that would not normally not get much attention publicly. Send me your hard levels, your easy levels, your music, automatic, and storytelling levels I will play them all! Each episode will consist of a "World" of several goon levels.

Putty fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

:siren:POST YOUR LEVEL CODES EITHER ITT OR PM ME YOUTUBE COMMENTS WON'T BE ACCEPTED GOD DAMNIT:siren:

Welcome to Super Mario Maker!
Goon Level Pack #1

Contests:
Bowser Level Pack

Mario's job is to be made. Make some Marios today. Make some more tomorrow. Make Marios forever.

Flies are stupid assholes. Swat 'em.

You are the most pivotal tool in Super Mario Maker. It is your stylus that keeps Mario on the field and away from his crippling alcohol addiction.

Putty fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Oct 21, 2015

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
pins is gay

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

who?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Oh yeah just post your level codes ITT

emptyquoting is allowed in this thread

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Putty posted:

You are the most pivotal tool in Super Mario Maker. It is your stylus that keeps Mario on the field and away from his crippling alcohol addiction.

Where did you get that picture of me, Putty?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Not mine, but the professional videogamesmen at Giant Bomb made a pretty crazy level on a live stream. Three of them have SA accounts so it counts!

F829-0000-0066-E98B

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

first blood goes to this YouTube pubbie who is probably spamming all the newly released Mario Maker LPs

e: he is

Putty fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 28, 2015

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Alright let's do this! Here's two of mine; they aren't too hard if you're not dumb.

Jerkier pipes: A0D0-0000-002A-3253

The future oceanic boot wars: A81E-0000-0033-F165

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Sep 28, 2015

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
eat hammer brothers bitch

Hammer Boardwalk
8C01-0000-0050-F9CC

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWUX3_0WCFc

idk

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Go back to the arcade

TIME CRISIS
DD35-0000-0059-F093

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Hi guy, here is a level i made

LEFTWARDS - in which you go from right to left (and also up and down a lot)

F28A-0000-0028-2F99

also

BONELY LONELY MAZE - which has a big maze made up of lots of one-way tiles:

D93B-0000-0041-71BA

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Sep 28, 2015

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Fucker killed Mario, he deserves so much worse.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Super Mario Maker is legit the first thing to make me give a wet fart about the Wii U. Hopefully Nintendo cares enough to keep the servers running for a very long time. I remember a couple years ago watching an off-site LP of the PSP remake of Mega Man that came with an uploadable level creator, and something like 8 years after release the servers were still active and busy.

Also, accurate interpretation of Pins commentary style: :yum:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Here Putty play my dumb crappy level.

6034-0000-0077-F573

milesluigi
May 15, 2010

Verbose Insane Scientist

Do you hate enemy spam? Well, this level is enemy spam, but Mario has a cape.

3747-0000-005E-DD8F

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I thought I was already sold on this game, but then I saw the video and I realized I wasn't sold on it enough. Shame about Nintendo taking down romhacking and TAS videos, though.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Choco1980 posted:

Super Mario Maker is legit the first thing to make me give a wet fart about the Wii U. Hopefully Nintendo cares enough to keep the servers running for a very long time. I remember a couple years ago watching an off-site LP of the PSP remake of Mega Man that came with an uploadable level creator, and something like 8 years after release the servers were still active and busy.

Also, accurate interpretation of Pins commentary style: :yum:

what can i say? i just love balls.

also yes, putty did ask me to do this video during dinner time.

Pins fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 28, 2015

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Big Scary Owl posted:

I thought I was already sold on this game, but then I saw the video and I realized I wasn't sold on it enough. Shame about Nintendo taking down romhacking and TAS videos, though.

Did they take them down or just flag them for content and seize the ad revenue like they do with the rest of the videos of nintendo games?

Boss Wiggler posted:

what can i say? i just love balls.

also yes, putty did ask me to do this video during dinner time.

Well that's the last time I watch one of Putty's videos with headphones on. Jesus Wept...

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Choco1980 posted:

Did they take them down or just flag them for content and seize the ad revenue like they do with the rest of the videos of nintendo games?
Taking down.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I have made 12 levels and they are all excellent. However, here are three you should try:

F74F-0000-0021-E759

1670-0000-0038-059C

E4EA-0000-007A-CF18

Also play every other level too.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

stop watching yugioh you gently caress

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
putty you gotta put down that ancient Egyptian artifact suffused with the spirit of a long dead pharaoh. it's not good for your health.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.
Here's all of mine that I've published so far. in upload order; you might notice a trend in that I have a soft spot for amiibo costumes in my Mario 1 stages.

Bounce and Pound - 848F-0000-0034-981D - My first level, a pretty basic thing that uses wall jumping and ground pounding.

Mega Man Turtle Bouncing - 52E2-0000-0034-A5D5 - ...Pretty much exactly what it sounds like, Mega Man bouncing off turtles.

Sonic Springs - DF6F-0000-0037-7366 - ....This one's Sonic bouncing off springs. Real creative, I know.

Light & Dark - F2A1-0000-0039-82AD - Probably the level I'm most proud of so far. I'll leave this one to be played, beyond that.

Sonic 2 GG Green Hills Act 3 - EF2C-0000-003D-DDF3 - A recreation of Green Hills Act 3 from Sonic 2 Game Gear. If you know that level, then you know what to expect here.

Automatic Mario Dies At The End. - 78C3-0000-0044-72A5 - Pretty much a parody of the Automatic Mario levels that rule the highest rated. Its short, not really all that special.... and yet because its Automatic Mario it's my highest rated level so far. Go figure.

Duck Hunt's Maze - 1EAE-0000-006D-FC5F - A maze starring the Duck Hunt Dog. I probably could improve this one later (I didn't use much level space), but this level's about as old as the Retro Trio Amiibos. Which is to say not very.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Putty, how is you don't recognize the Professor from the hit Nintendo series Big Brain Academy?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Already enough codes for an episode or two ITT now. I'll probably do 8 -10 levels and if one of you doesn't see your level played it'll probably be for the next episode after.

I'm also going to be showing my new/2nd level MARIOS OF WAR, which you can find using this code if you want to play before you watch:

1908-0000-007B-A977

TheKingofSprings posted:

stop watching yugioh you gently caress

you just activated my trap card

*pulls out middle finger from deck*

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.

Putty posted:

Already enough codes for an episode or two ITT now. I'll probably do 8 -10 levels and if one of you doesn't see your level played it'll probably be for the next episode after.

I'm also going to be showing my new/2nd level MARIOS OF WAR, which you can find using this code if you want to play before you watch:

1908-0000-007B-A977

Just gave that a run. Was pretty fun, a nice change of pace from the usual "COMPLETE BULLSHIT" 100 Marios mode has been throwing at me.

A thwomp killed Bowser. It was hilarious.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Cool, looking forward to the videos, here's another level of mine for your 3rd video:

BIG AIRSHIP HEIST - F840-0000-007B-BC94

A Metroidvania-ish level inside an airship.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I hope my mail with Mario Maker gets here soon, it feels like it's been weeks delayed.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I am always into getting commentary on my levels so here are my three best ones:

Fortress in the Sky - 27D8-0000-0056-B653
Topsy-Turvy Mountain - F4CE-0000-0059-4F1A
Black Behemoth "BONEGRINDER" - 24E6-0000-0068-DC5C

Topsy-Turvy Mountain is probably my best stage, it's at least the most well-received/starred one of mine and the only one of those I haven't revised since it was originally uploaded. I seem to have hit a sweet spot with that one. Both Fortress and Bonegrinder are on their third versions. In terms of difficulty, I'd say Mountain is the easiest and Bonegrinder the hardest.

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Sep 29, 2015

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Thinking about it, I'm kinda disappointed that KK Slider didn't have the music change to Takata's Song

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I've been sluggish when it comes to making these, but here are a couple:

PacManeuver - ED9E-0000-0034-34AC

Mad Mario - Fiery Road - 25DB-0000-003F-CE06

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Putty, I am currently in process of creating "Pins: The Mario Maker Experience", please be ready for the best video game experience of the year.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Happy Thursday Lmfao. To celebrate this monumentus Thursday I think I'm going to start the first themed level contest.

:mario:CONTEST: Design a level based around the keyword "Bowser":yoshi:

That's the only restriction. Submissions should be in before Friday, and the first goon level episode will probably be out before then. Winner gets to pick the next level theme.

Mario

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Here's my level for the contest. I almost don't want to post the name. It should be something you see right before you start playing the level. I had this idea in my head for a while, but now I have a reason to actually make it.

The floor is Bowsers. What!

(4A56-0000-0082-33BA)

Also here are some other levels that should be fun to watch people play. One of them has an... interesting miiverse post.

(26CB-0000-0056-FCEF)
(8856-0000-0038-2C34)
(DFF4-0000-0040-ADC3) (1861-0000-00D6-C315)

Sam Faust fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 8, 2015

Mersenne
Oct 9, 2012

Prime Suspect

"Oh...? How amusing. Do try to keep me entertained, ehehe..."

Bowser's Blast Bastion - 3600-0000-0083-21CD

It's a castle filled with things that go boom. Much like Bowser's Castle in the original SMW, there's more than one way to reach the end. Perhaps there's even a shortcut hidden somewhere...

Mersenne fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Oct 2, 2015

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I think that Putty's obsession with Mario is a little disturbing, but at least it's all digital.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

gnarlyhotep posted:

I think that Putty's obsession with Mario is a little disturbing, but at least it's all digital.

It's a fruitful obsession: This thread's a cool idea.
The game's a powerful creative tool, but it doesn't do enough on its own to let people share and show off their work. This thread showcasing stuff that people in the sub-forum have been doing, it's a great way to circumvent what should have been one of the game's strengths (but instead ended up one of its weaknesses).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Gimbal lock posted:

It's a fruitful obsession: This thread's a cool idea.
The game's a powerful creative tool, but it doesn't do enough on its own to let people share and show off their work. This thread showcasing stuff that people in the sub-forum have been doing, it's a great way to circumvent what should have been one of the game's strengths (but instead ended up one of its weaknesses).

um...ok

• Locked thread