Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Peep these sweet tank tech trees:

tanks.txt
[word for tank] 1
[word for tank] 2
[word for tank] 3
[word for tank] 4
[word for tank] 5
[word for tank] 6
[word for tank] 7
[word for tank] 8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
When Paradox announced their new buff to fun they tore away my ability to respect anything, and they tore away my ability to feel human.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

loving casuals

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Only implementing the holocaust in hoi4 could rectify this. It's only fair.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

dublish posted:

Was the AI turned off in that stream? It looked like the Spanish borders hadn't changed since the SCW fired...

No nation actually moved its troops at all.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Infrastructure suffered collateral damage!

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

You could put nukes on rockets in HoI2. I don't remember if you could in the first game.

I like it just to get some variety in delivery methods even if it is not strictly historical.
Freebie for hoi4 devs: suicide sub nuke delivery.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

RIP German tank design.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Also there is NATO counters but by all means :qq:

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Epinephrine posted:

Actually, if the horse icon is hard to read, why not just adopt the knight icon from chess?

It's not.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

I installed a mod for EU4 that removes the color coding from numbers(green = good, red = bad :rolleyes:). This should have been in from the start but paradix had to cater to casuals as always.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

GaussianCopula posted:

I still maintain that NATO symbols are the superior design, given their better readability and scalability.

True. I play these games from my couch with a gamepad and clear graphics help when you're squinting at a TV. I have some good times hanging with my bros yelling at the TV when we throw down some casus belli on some bitch rear end OPMs.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

what is that? a crew served machine gun?

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

wow, the NATO symbol for boxed elephant cavalry is much clearer than that normie casual poo poo

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

actually there are 3d model infantry mans and graphics in general

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

I can't believe Paradox would have this stupid bias in their game, lumping together brutal dictatorships with ideologies, which are well meaning in theory but possible failed in practice, like fascism, something that didn't really do anything wrong.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

This game is gonna own can hardly wait 20 days until the release!

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

I imagine you could make map modes for HoI4 without changing anything else, to keep focus trees and general balance.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

poo poo i didnt know this hoi had monarch mana as well

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Has even a battleplan which is not just a wide frontal assault been shown.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Can't wait to finally be able to pre-order hoiiv so I can cancel that pre-order.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

stellaris had a bug so its def not worth any money

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

How do I get shadow Hitler as my avatar on the paradox forums? Please help.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Where's France?

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

America definitely need the Back To Back World War Champion national spirit.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

The game doesn't even launch if you don't have all the dlc. I mean, in a roundabout way because I just quit in disgust when I get to the main menu without all the dlc.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

I only use the minimap when the game scrolls away should I alt-tab.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

the swastika marks my dudes actually

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

but seriously, for all its flaws hoi3 looks really nice and i don't see why they needed to add a bunch of fancy terrain stuff nobody will look at

What, the terrain features on the main map? It's so you don't a)have to switch map modes to check the terrain or b)ignore it completely because doing a is :effort:

It's good in my opinion, same with weather.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

paid

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

And there is no difference now.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

I'm melting down over these timelapse videos. Help

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

yeah its literally unplayable isnt it

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

I think a mix of the hoi style occupation with the new forts mechanics from EU4 would work nicely.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

game is good, actually

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

For all the things Football Manager does better than its competitors there is a lot of parts of the game that could easily be excised. The developer of FM has also been spinning its wheels for a long time and competent competition would do them good.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Feels good to use cool and innovative strategies like the 'Maginot Line', after Germany declare war on you for no good reason(they had completely annexed Poland and Romania already), to completely annihilate their armed forces before the full frontal advance into Berlin. All while being pressured to end the war before Japan and their puppet China can join the Axis and extend the war into Asia.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

I did once and the other human quit when the game turned in my favor slightly.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

ZearothK posted:

See, it's so much better that you don't even need to do a victory lap against a weak-willed adversary. Join the MP Discord and find people who will gladly bankrupt their own countries in a hellwar to stop you from conquering a single two development province.

I was referring to a MP discord game. :thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

:thejoke: