Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

And you can go see one of them on stage.

http://www.nazosmanoglu.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

GCValentine posted:

an unrevealed title.

:circlefap:

Fintilgin posted:

King as 'Senior Game Designer, Paradox Interactive'

:flaccid:

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Baronjutter posted:

I think that's why I liked V1 so much more than V2. In V1 I felt like I could actually steer a country one way or another and eventually get there, and you could have a fairly rewarding experience going off the rails one way or another. In V2 it felt like I was always fighting the system, never in control of anything just sort of reacting to stuff while dreaming that maybe in 100 years if I play perfectly I could increase my vote for some upper house party enough to actually have enough control over my country to do something fun.

This is exactly what I felt like when playing V2 as compared to V1. If I didn't have to deal with the fuuuuucking interface fighting against me to do anything in V1, I'd probably still just be playing it.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Wait what is in the purple cage?

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Not a thing that I want. What's next?

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Hooray, a Kickstarter!

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Never change, Johan :allears:

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Make Space Great Again?

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Koramei posted:

i can't watch the stream right now, is stellaris releasing on june 6th then? or something different?

Stellaris is May 9.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

New IP, looks like? "Tyranny" from Obsidian and Paradox.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Trogdos! posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

Stellaris - Extraterrestrial Thursday - Thursday 20:00 CET

ParadoxInteractive playing Stellaris

I love how much they're trolling the audience through this species creation right now.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Kaza42 posted:

But why Poland?

You've seen the Paradox forums, right?

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Neobdragon posted:

Yeah honestly EU4 and CK2 were at their height of playability last year, before they got bloated to poo poo. I played a round of EU4 recently and theres so much garbage like estates, sailor-manpower, etc that just add fluff to the game without any real value.

I see this sentiment in lots of places these days -- what do people consider to be the 'best' version of EU4, then? Since you can roll back to previous patches in Steam, I'd like to compare how it's changed over the past year or two.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

So it sounds like the golden age for EU4 was somewhere between 1.9 in late 2014 and 1.13 in late 2015. I played it a bit briefly earlier this year, so I'll roll back to those to see how different it is.

Coming into it fresh when I did, it definitely seemed like a lot had been added later that was never really explained, or that features had been added without the interface really catching up with them. Anyway, I'll give those versions a shot to see how it compares.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Kris xK posted:

...is there anyway to rollback the game versions?

Yeah. On Steam, you can just go into the game properties, and then into the "betas" tab, which allows you to choose a specific patch version to play. Not sure how this affects DLC, but since I'm basically a new player too I was also trying to figure out when the best version was so I could do the same thing.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

jb7 posted:

It's the only Paradox game where you truly feel like you are playing a realistic alternative history. The game creates a fairly real-feeling world. It's just the systems that you use to make that happen within the game are awful.

This is it exactly. I still maintain that the event-style system in V:R/VIP were slightly better for letting the player feel like they were creating a believable world (and this only works given the limited timeframe of the game when compared to other Paradox games), but V2 is definitely easier to play and get into.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

corn in the bible posted:

It's clearly poorly made and incredibly stupid, but it captures the feeling of barely struggling to stay in power and fighting with the legislature. so i like it.

pretty much every issue has advocacy groups who will protest or commend your actions on their issues; there's political parties galore; you can run guns to terrorists in order to destabilize the british government. it is crazy

I would read an LP of this.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

I love that the LP was basically just a series of vignettes since it seems impossible to stay in power no matter what you do. A Good Game.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Pakled posted:

I really hope Paradox takes inspiration from Balance of Power forum games.

I always found these interesting. Is there any kind of published "rulebook" for them anywhere?

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

So, it looks like Frederik Wester is stepping down as CEO. I'm not sure what it means for the company, but Reddit is freaking out, based on this news article that goes into the new CEO's background with gambling/online betting and mobile games.

e:beaten by microseconds

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Squalid posted:

I'm sure nobody here needs a link to another off site

but in case you want to look for people to play paradox games with who aren't Nazis here is a decent if young discord server:

https://discord.gg/xy2wEd

edit: they also like chess and checkers!

The big banner of Hitler on the invite link does not make me want to join this server.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

YES!

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

OddObserver posted:

... I wonder if they had some, uhm, creative disagreements, with the Vicky 3 team.

The Victoria 3 team is definitely on the right side of this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Farecoal posted:

I think you should have to manually enter all the numbers, maybe in some sort of spreadsheet

Yeah but you have to enter the number in each cell using a slider that goes from 0 to 99999.