Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Randarkman posted:

Except by the time WW1 came about Germany was not Europe's premiere rising econonomy. Russia was. Starting early in the 20th century Russia was rapidly on the road towards modernization, fuelled by the population growth on the countryside and foreign (mostly French) capital.

Russia was statistically similar in 1900 to China in 2000 in terms of growth. Too many of the right people were killed and too many of the wrong people moved up into major leadership positions for anything amazing to happen, even without WWI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
China getting taken out in 2 years by an unprepared Japan is pretty crazy. The AI needs a serious reworking.

It's not too say it's terrible or doomed, just seems like a Paradox title at launch. EUIV was pretty bad in that regard at launch and now it's pretty great.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fuligin posted:

I was pretty nonplussed by the earlier stream when a small army of German ubermenschen marched in a flat line across the width of Eurasia conquering all they encountered heedless of terrain and supply.

Conquest snakes are a hallmark of Paradox games.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Narrator posted:

https://twitter.com/podcat_paradox/status/930425189711663104

China National Focus tree coming to HoI4. Political paths to Mínzú/Mínquán/Mínshēng as Fascism or Neutrality/Democracy/Communism, maybe?

My prayers have been answered. Finally I can experience beating back the Japanese while the ai collapses and I lose an army in a country that disappeared in an instant.

I'm legit excited and will probably buy this DLC day 1.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
In the Timeline-191 series he pretty much just puts European battles in the US. For instance Pittsburgh is the stand in for Stalingrad.

Turtledove almost always puts in at least one awkward sex scene into his books to so be forewarned so you don't just stumble into Robert E Lee having sex with his disabled wife.

RocknRollaAyatollah fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Apr 14, 2022