Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I would like Stellaris more if it used more than one CPU core.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

corn in the bible posted:

stellaris should let me automate the things i dont care about, like distant worlds (or hoi3)

Unfortunately the mods to automate things in Stellaris dumpster the CPU.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

He's trolling Groogy :ssh:

Here's a multiplayer game that's actually offloading its work to more than one core:

Saying "but it's hard!" isn't a good excuse to then go ahead and design the game in such a way that it can easily overwhelm even the strongest CPU in regular gameplay.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Gort posted:

I mean Jesus gently caress who thought "Let's make every regiment come from a place and then when every soldier from that place is dead you have to disband the regiment and make a new one from somewhere else" was a good idea

Henry Rawlinson.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Phi230 posted:

How are you gonna tell me that HoI3 has poo poo mechanics when HoI4 does air and naval combat completely pants on head retardedly and land combat is a boring a-historical slog.

HoI3 - Use my army to defeat the other army with an overall strategy, taking into account variables like encirclements, weather, terrain. LIKE A WARGAME

HoI4 - Draw a line. Click a button. Win.

The HoI4 system actually sounds a lot more realistic than the older games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

But also the whole “no war crimes here, look at all the cool generals and tanks, oh have a bunch of free resources and land with no resistance because of course Prague dreams of the Reich!” HoI Germany turns me the gently caress off. It’s been nearly a decade since I played Hitler-Germany in HoI and I doubt I’ll start any time soon.

My hope with HoI4 is that it gets a tank equivalent of the ship designer and the nazi focus tree uses it to absolutely gently caress you over.