Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Empress Theonora posted:

Post Heart of Darkness Victoria 2 is good and fun IMHO.

It's a good game yeah, it sucks so many fans want to strip away all the stuff that makes it unique and fun. They just seem to want EU Victoria edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah the economy parts are as important to Vicky as the family dynamics are to CK

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Strudel Man posted:

I swear, we harp on that poo poo here far more than anyone on the Paradox forums does.

We don't do it for the same reason, as the amount of time they harp on it isn't what makes it bad.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah if he is just talk about Spurging then yeah we can go just as hard.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I think they have mentioned multiple times that CPU wise India doesn't add much.

Why people continue to say that mystifies me.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Nah I think people just really want to hate India despite it being perfectly fine.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Like I said, fine. Not great but fine.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Eh the poorer white were fine with it because they sure as poo poo didn't want to do plantation labor.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Strudel Man posted:

They wouldn't be doing the plantation labor, though, surely. A lack of slaves would have hindered the plantation owners, not forced small-scale white farmers onto the plantations themselves.

Mind you, this doesn't necessarily tell us what the actual opinions were on the subject. It's actually kind of an interesting question. I'm going to poke around on google, see if I can find anything illuminating.

Depending on the economy yeah they would. Places like the south and Haitians whole economy rested on that poo poo. Plus plantations had jobs low class whites could do that wasn't the labor force. Mainly administrative.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Real time strategy games?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

cool and good posted:

okay okay I'll vote for Hillary

Do want you want my man, doesn't make the original comment make any more sense.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Well we also had the argument that slashes are better representations of horses so maybe some people can only see abstract shapes.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Magical Zero posted:

As a leftist I'm absolutely outraged that thing I like is associated with thing I dislike. Could Paradox make their rightwing agenda any more obvious? smh

I love it when goons dont read a discussion just so they can toss in some weak one liner, it's the best.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

*Cites the multipage-spanning debate a couple years back about historical patterns of Westernization and how EU4 promulgated a Eurocentric bias with regards to cultural and historical depictions of nonWestern society*

Which EU4 is doing again after actually being decent for a change. It sucks.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Strudel Man posted:

Handwringing about it is immensely tedious and unpleasant.

To you but really who cares what you think.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I will never get people's obsession with controlling what topics the threads are allowed to discuss.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

This guy doesn't agree with me about playing a particular political map color = literally being a neofascist, and honestly its these kind of kuckservatives are ruining the forum. Catch me in the Let's Play forum where retarded people fawn over me and inflate my self-worth

What

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Strudel Man posted:

Useful for a game isn't really the same thing as being useful as a description of reality.

Though in this case it does.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

TeenageArchipelago posted:

has anyone talked about how awesome a LOTR mod would be for HoI4? Because it would be awesome.

How would that even work. LOTR is obviously Vicky territory.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The truth is in the middle IMO.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I will never get the bloat thing. I mean I know it's subjective but even then it just feels arbitrary.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Koramei posted:

It's when the mechanics get added without really being integrated with anything else. Estates especially are kinda their own little corner of the game.

Mechanics stand independent all the time. Who cares.

Estates are still a great addition.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 01:05 on May 24, 2016

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The BBJ

The Big Blue Jacobins.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The plaza is coming from inside the thread.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Victoria II is the pinnacle of Janky strategy games. Paradox has yet to, and probably won't, top it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

EU4 was also barebones. People just tend to forget the problems of the old while highlighting the problems of the new. Paradox is basically how it's always been.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

itt people rewrite history to pretend ck2 was as bad as stellaris

CK2 was pretty barebones like Stellaris yes.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

I think, for people who take gaming this seriously, that might be the best idea

Wait how is he mad at HOI4? You can not like it but it's basically exactly what they said it was.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

it would be if it was good

It honestly needs less combat focus not more.

It's a factory building simulator nothing more.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

People are rembering HOI3 with some extreme rose tinted glasses.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Weirdly enough one of those things is what a WW2 game should be, and it's not the second one.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Senor Dog posted:

Given the shitshow that was stellaris discussion after ideologies got revealed, I hope victoria 3 has none at all.

I think that depends on how are Paradox tries, as most of the shitstorm was how half assed they were

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Jeoh posted:

Paradox is literally Hitler

That could mean like six different ideologies!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

pdxjohan posted:

He is not the game director that has bought on an oil-painting of Saint Maggie though. Neither am I, but i dont really buy much art..

Is......is that a real thing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Well I mean it's kind of hard to have a WWII game without Hitler, while it's rather easy not to reference a dude who wasn't even a thing till almost a 100 years later.

Well like 30 after the game ends but no one plays that far.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Mar 17, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I am pretty sure they would never even pretend to be communist.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ZearothK posted:

I think that's the oldest goon project and the one that has been failing constantly since.

No the oldest goon project is making new game ips.

Which also fails.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

They did with 3 actually and gamers complained because new DLC meant it wasn't definitive.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

"Free content" is a bit of a stretch when you consider that you need to spend in excess of a hundred dollars to get a complete game.

What that doesn't make any sense.

The fact that there is also paid content doesn't not make free content any less free.

Free is free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

What company are you talking about?

The guys who make Civ?