Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

RestRoomLiterature- posted:

When I play as Germany in HOI I just disband every military division and allow glorious communism to be brought to Berlin. My conscience and education will only allow me to play video games through the lens of the proletariat.

:ussr:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

So what exactly are POPs? Is it a representation of a specific group in your empire? Does this mean that if you conquered a race of insect pacifists, there would be attempts to install governors that are chill peaceful antmen?

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

canepazzo posted:

Paradox just announced buying White Wolf from CCP.

Next expansions for CK2 to include Werewolves and Vampires?

Very excited for this. Especially with Paradox's relationship to Obsidian.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

I really liked the policy matrix from SMAC.

You could make just about any society from it, specially after you unlocked the "future" policies. They were vague enough that it let you fill in the blanks with your own narrative. You could make a brutal soviet style empire with a police state, planned economy, and power value. Or you could make utopian communists with a democratic planned economy.

The choices we've seen so far for stellaris seem a little less flexible, or too specific. It's probably all super easy to mod though if any of it offends. I just hope for a system flexible and general enough that you could make anything from the Empire of Man to Culture to Star Trek to Alien in terms of your society.

What's a Eudaimonic society? Just trying to make your citizens really happy?

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah I think it's like some sort of post-scarcity give everyone absolutely everything they want to be happy and fulfilled people sort of thing. Cybernetic was always the correct choice though.

Why would you not pick what sounds like utopia?

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

Depends on your situation, but the actual stats for cybernetic generally worked out the best. And its fluff description also sounded equally utopian and nice, just different. Cybernetic is Culture, eudomonic is Star Trek.

Oh right. I kind of pictured cyberpunk dystopia for that.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Gort posted:

Well, that was a disappointing game of Darkest Hour.

Played the USSR, went to partial mobilisation during the Winter War with Finland, ended up building so many divisions between then and 1941 that Germany took one look and decided not to attack me. Since I'd been using my slider moves to make the USSR less of a dictatorial hellhole, I couldn't declare war on Germany myself.

Waited until 1944 before giving up :/

Peace in our time.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Koramei posted:

there's a thread on the Stellaris forums were Johan says it was a few days early

some people are posting some stuff from it though:

That's a weird-rear end spaceship and I like it.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

The Real Foogla posted:

Victoria 3 in the WoD would be retarded. Congrats you invented better Steel, you get +10% Pentex. Your Mage pops are unruly and demand anarchism. Werevolf revolutionaries rise up and take literally arms.

It would be more like, 'your Mage pops are unruly, firearms no longer work without chanting the fibonacci sequence backwards. All military units -10%.'

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

podcat posted:

nah, but there are lots of specific events for certain cities

That's cool. I hope the one for New York being bombed involves the bomb the Manhattan Project is building getting detonated as well.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Oberleutnant posted:

:cripes: it wasn't actually built in Manhattan dude

Haha, whoops. That's what I get for studying victorian political history at school instead of WW2.

Ofaloaf posted:

Fascist Britain that hasn't outright overthrown the monarchy? For some reason I always assumed Mosley and the BUF were anti-monarchist, or at least keen to sideline the monarchy into absolute uselessness.

In the DD thread on the paradox forums, Podcat said there is an event chain to invite the rightful king back to rule the fascists.

UrbicaMortis fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Mar 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Ofaloaf posted:

Hahaha what, there's a CK2 hip flask for sale?

If you don't play the GoT mod as Robert while smashed out of your mind so as to accurately roleplay him, I don't know what to tell you.