Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Simple fix for that is to restrict the restriction to the AI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

I think there was a mod that let you turn those colonial events, those election events and the technological upgrade events (A NEW TRACTOR! x1000) into either state-level or even national-level events to cut down on their number.

Link?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

This is why you make your regular armies pure support, and then attach them to the infantry hordes.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

420 Gank Mid posted:

But Civ 4 had Rhye's and Fall of Civilization easily securing it 'best nostalgia civ game' by a mile.

And Fall From Heaven, which makes it one of the best fantasy 4xs as well.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Start dismantling countries (when you hit the turn of the century) and throwing their shattered remains into your sphere. Take a chunk of China or Japan.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Bait the entirety of the opposing force into a decisive battle -> rotate out your stacks so they can recover -> surround the battle -> wipe their army and win the war a year later.

Alternatively, just start occupying everything. But that's even more micro.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Farecoal posted:

I think the converter has been updated a lot since that screenshot

Indeed, it's gotten a lot better at hiding Denmark.

Kavak posted:

Yeah, disarming your navy was also a boneheaded move, but unless you're playing as China and have more soldiers than the rest of the world has people, do not exceed the infamy limit or everyone and everything will try to kill you.

Or play as France and restart the Napoleonic Wars on day one :getin:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Paradox grand strategy mmo when?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Westminster System posted:

As long as I can divide all the things it'll be good.

My favorite part is the random enclave in Libya.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

But when is Victoria 3 coming out?? I need my Concert of Europe MP.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Online leaderboard for Eu4 confirmed to be secret tester tryouts.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

It'd be neat if there were ways to simulate internal threats like the breakdown of a space empire due to stagnation or something. Like, say you've blobbed up pretty well and are stable for a while. If there was some kind of "Decadence" (but not annoying like CK2's Decadence) where your empire would gradually go into a stagnant period, decline, and start to break up, that would keep the late game a bit more dynamic. I'm thinking something like Asimov's Foundation series.

A mechanic to send a seeder colony to a far off system and begin anew as a technologically advanced OPM would actually be really cool.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Top on my Vicky 2 wishlist is an auto-occupy mode, similar to the rebel one that'll micro capturing provinces after you've won a war.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

quote:

Fascist Siam now called Thailand

:drat: Pdox getting political

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Another Person posted:

Thank you. This is all cool stuff, the big one for me is removing the event spam you get about debt repayment CBs because I never feel like I really need that £200 back from Jahore.

Now please make provincial colonial races not a hopeless effort unless you are called Great Britain. Just add a cutoff point of "whoever gets here first wins" at a certain level in the race. In my Sweden game I once had a colony going to like 10 levels before calling it quits because GB just had what felt like a bottomless pool of points.

Easiest way to win the colonial race is to have a couple honeypot places where you get a bunch of GPs to fight each other, or you hold a front vs one gp while you colonize a bunch of other places uncontested and block/section off large swathes of Africa.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Looks like Canada sprung a leak :ohdear:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Stellaris won't be a real game If I can't scrawl goatse propaganda on the side of my ships while customizing.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

GaussianCopula posted:

Than prestige would be useless because Germany has already sphered every country in the EU.

How easily you forget about Glorious Britannia :britain:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

NewMars posted:

Brian Reynolds is still alive though. :v:

Maybe he's just tenderizing the dirt in anticipation of his death

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Frionnel posted:

No joke, my first game in Stellaris will be as the Federation, trying to find and exterminate every bug i can find

Save that for when you're hired on as a QA tester

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Victoria 2 has the same rng bullshit though?? It's just a lot easier to beat the AI because they have poo poo stack composition + getting ahead in tech is both easier and more decisive.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

How are you guys gonna ask "what country can I play for a pacifist Vicky 2 run?" and not mention Switzerland? :colbert:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

Also I loving wish they'd make a Vicky 3

Never change the op

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Groogy posted:

I'm interested in this idea of the "full experience". Would you say you weren't getting the full experience if you did not also own Warcraft III: Frozen Throne? Even if you had never finished the campaign in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos?

Bad example, the custom games are much better in FT so I would definitely be missing the full experience :colbert:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Ofaloaf posted:

If/when/should Victoria III ever become an actual thing, I hope they just relabel anarcho-liberals 'radicals' or some such. It fits the first half of the game better, at least.

Alternatively, rebrand everyone else as Statists :v:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

quote:

Will you add Feminist dictatorship and Meninist dictatorship?Feminist dictatorship is a governmental form where a feminazi party takes control,feminazism will grow very small in your country if women rights and press rights are at their first,women's rights are at role based and press rights at censored publishing,feminazism will grow a lot if the gender rights and publishing rights are at their last or second last,more if they're at their last,gender rights at promotive equality or feminist and publishing rights at unregulated or responsible.meninism will grow if women's rights are feminist and press rights at unregulated,the public opinion also comes in here,if free opinion is where the public opinion is at,then it will grow,I also forgot to mention feminazism will grow rapidly if forbid hate speech is the level of reform in the public opinion,a feminist dictatorship will oppose all reforms except gender rights.meninism will grow rapidly if you have a feminist dictatorship,but less than feminism when forbid hate speech is the level of reform in the public opinion,it will not always,only half the time.

Last page of that v2 mod recently posted.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

WilliamAnderson posted:

stopppppppppppppppppppppppp V2 borders kill me

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Can I assume that the thread title will be updated the second that V3 is finally announced?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I can't wait for V3 to become their best selling title of all time due to the insane amount of money they're funneling into it right now.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Groogy posted:

Victoria is the worst piece of poo poo made since sliced bread. But boy do I love it. well enough that I spend a Christmas patching it long time after its dead.

And another Christmas where you add the ability to make Forts/Naval Bases/Railroads nationwide with one click? :shittydog:

Hell, I'd take allowing capitalists to build those (if such a thing is even possible). Anything to save my wrist, and it'd be hilarious to have rich British capitalists spamming fertilizer factories the world over.

vv I knew about capitalists investing in (your own) nation's network. Scripting it in the rest sounds interesting, how would one go about doing that?

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 28, 2016

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

This is why you sell it to some gullible third party, preferably one that you want to weaken/distract :v:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Grouchio posted:

1. I finally reached GP status as Sweden around 1842, but now how do I increase influence points well enough in a short period of time so that I can sphere Denmark and form Scandinavia? So far I only seem to be able to produce 0.1 influence each month.

2. What is the main strategy for playing as Two Sicilies? The Netherlands?

1) If you focus on improving relations and investing in their country, you should be able to quickly sphere them one at a time. If any AI gives you trouble, stop investing for a bit and wait for them to use their influence to discredit someone.

2a) Spam prestige so you can start sphering ASAP while grabbing some early colonies.
b) Don't lose Belgium.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Only way to win NWO is to balkanize India and China before they can suck up the world's industry. Making them communist also works.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Victoria 3 confirmed

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

If you aren't starving your alchemists day 1 so they become subservient craftsmen, I don't even know why you play v2.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Chickpea Roar posted:

Why is it totally impossible to get immigrants as democratic Mexico?
USA gets about 6k immigrants, British satellite Canada and Brazil both over 4k, but my democratic Mexico with literally all social and political reforms enacted, no militancy and plenty of available jobs both in factories and RGOs gets 0. Literally no-one wants to move here. I get that USA is more attractive but Canada and Brazil are both monarchies, with zero social progress since game start. Brazil still allows slavery and still it's almost as attractive as USA. I've looked over the wiki, but I can't find any reason why everyone hates Mexico.

Someone has a liberty national value, and it isn't Mexico

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Mobile Paradox would be extremely my jam

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Jabor posted:

You could definitely make a paradox-style grand strategy game that runs on a mobile device. The big concession is that you'd have to cheat a lot with the ai to cut down on how much processing it needs, probably to the point of giving up on the fiction of the ai playing by the same rules as the player.

Multiplayer only :getin:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Kavak posted:

I don't know how you'd represent an ideology that is all about the state being unnecessary in a game that's all about states, but anarcho-liberal guy probably didn't even try.

You play as anarchist rebels instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

The key is to build nothing but arty/recon and use the mobilized troops as your only/main source of infantry. They take the highest casualties anyways, don't want your main pops getting mowed down on the front lines.