Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Probably these fellas.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah like I said I literally couldn't build factories fast enough to keep up with the 200,000+ immigrants coming in each year. My RGOs weren't full but the vast majority of the immigrants were craftsmen.

Also what's really funny about Texas is that when you start the game you can immediately abolish slavery, in the middle of your war for independence against Mexico, a war which was fought to prevent the abolition of slavery.
Texas a state that impeached its own Founding Father because he opposed joining the Confederacy.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Poil posted:

Neither was particularly good. :(
Tyranny was good, fight me.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Torrannor posted:

Why would I do that when you're 100% right? It could have been better in parts, but the magic system alone was worth it. I'm just super sad that we apparently won't get a sequel.
Honestly I can't imagine how they'd do a sequel given the story's ending without completely changing genres anyway.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I think we might have each been going after Tyranny for different things. I honestly like it mostly for being one of the best and most honest depictions of fascism in video games. There is no winning expect by explicit rebellion, and any compromise you make while serving a fascist is ultimately your fault no matter how you justify it to yourself.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

What route did you take? Because your description is only really valid for the fully independent route. Teaming up either of the other Archons does involve diving significantly into their philosophies and politics.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Well I've gotta just assume that I was more forgiving due to being on a crpg kick at the time, cause I don't remember that being too much of an issue. I'm willing to admit that was probably just my bias.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

if you don't mobilize in the interwar period, you're either forced to mobilize or have nothing to do except mobilize by 1941. hitler can get everything he ever wanted, but chamberlain can't.
because war was inevitable unless all the Nazis had politely agreed to commit suicide.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Rajputana has objectively the best map color and I hope it never changes.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Gaius Marius posted:

Communism would work so well if we could just solve the human problem
"human" is a weird way to spell "CIA sponsored terrorists".

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Not the CIA but the US did sponsor royalist and fascist factions in the civil war which directly allowed someone like Stalin to take center stage. If you kill off everyone from a country who isn't super paranoid you're going to only have Stalins left. Same way Mugabe took power when the colonizers killed off every more reasonable option.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I mean no political system can survive any of the world's super power deciding it has to be extinguished. The autocratic nations of Europe destroying every attempted democratic or republican government in1848 says nothing about the efficacy of Liberalism. Other than the fact that it doesn't bestow super powers on nations that adopt it.

Hell the US had a pretty hard time keeping Afghanistan functional in the face of CIA sponsored terrorists.

Terrible Opinions fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Oct 14, 2020

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Crazycryodude posted:

Lmao I've been pretty much checked out on EU4 for a while now, how utterly atrocious must the new release be to get this kind of response?
saves can randomly delete all nations in the world. There are so many other bugs this wasn't found for two full days.

Interacting with certain ui elements with your camera in the indonesia region can cause the game to hard crash, you can buy and cancel other players construction of monument buildings, etc. Reddit's got a big list where people are seemingly finding unique bugs every other post.

Terrible Opinions fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Apr 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

ilitarist posted:

FfH2 yas impressive, yes. But even it had that kitchensink problem and juvenility, like adding Guybrush Treepwood hero into your dark fantasy world. He has a button that makes him sing songs. I also liked Rhey's and Fall. That mod knew when to stop and how to tweak the systems just enough without going too far.
I feel like this is very unfair to FfH2 as it had a consistent tone and feel to its setting throughout. Treepwood being a hero for the pirate faction was a funny reference no more consequential than a joke unit in an westwood or blizzard rts, being a one time unit for the most light hearted faction in the game. The only other similarly juvenile thing I can think of are the sex events which were all edited out a version or two after they were added.