Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Stellaris is looking like it could be a pretty solid platform for an Emperor of the Fading Suns remake mod, the prospect of which makes me giddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Oh god a V2 patch, it's the bestest Christmas ever!

Edit: oh poo poo I can't play it with my Gamersgate copy, weak. Not buying V2 a third time (boxed, GG, Steam) even if it is the best game ever.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 22, 2015

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Have any of the Stellaris DDs talked about borders yet? It always irks me the way in practically every space 4x game other players can just colonize systems you have a presence in, and I think that to date only one major space 4x game in history has included the concept of claiming regions or systems where you haven't actually colonized anything. I'm not saying we need EU4-esque "can't physically cross borders without war or access" but there really ought to be something in place to stop those sort of ridiculous transgressions.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Paradox didn't develop SOTS, only published it. Not even remotely the same thing.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Give me Space Rome or give me death.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Black Griffon posted:

Most empires in sci-fi (or any fiction, dare say) are based on some interpretation of the Roman empire anyway, so Stellaris should be the game that allows us to make Painfully Accurate Space Rome.

I was more referring to the comment about governors being able to raise their own armies (who then proclaim them emperor). Give me my wacky civil war hijinks please!

But yeah here's to hoping Paradox pull this off and give me the space 4x I've been pining for since 1993.

Groogy posted:

The only true empire is the one of Cyrus and his successors.

:argh:

Sheep fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 17, 2016

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
They'd be too late at that point. What do I want a builder for once I've built all my stuff, or why would I want an army organizer after I've done all my fighting?

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

A Handed Missus posted:

or Hearts of Iron: Road to War

I want to know more.

The real travesty is that we never got EU2 on DS.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Empress Theonora posted:

Wait, now that HoI has its own thread, doesn't that just make this the Victoria thread by default?

Why-don't-we-have-Rome-II thread.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Minimum wage only matters if you, too, are minimum :smug:

The real American way is to bootstraps out of the minimum wage ASAP and join the rest of us in the American dreahahahah I can't.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Does this mean EU Rome 2 is a thing or is Johan wearing a Total War shirt just to be a jerk?

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Serious missed opportunity to call it the Astro-Hungarian Empire.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
:lol: at CK2 finally getting pagan societies but it requires two paid DLC, get the gently caress outta here Paradox

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Rynoto posted:

PDox never responded to my refund request for SotS2 and it still annoys me a bit :( Last game I ever preordered that had their name attached (yes they were just the publisher, I know)

I refunded my day one purchase of it last year. They were extremely cool about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

It's so weird. Some Paradox games do this right, but others just don't care. What really fucks me off is, when you load an army on to a fleet, the game doesn't automatically select the fleet the way it does in EU.

Anyway, I like the new UI for the most part. A lot of it is a sidegrade, to be sure, but I got so drat tired of looking at all that white marble.

I think it does if you load them via the embarkation button, but that requires the fleet to be in port. But yeah, super inconsistent.