Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Mans posted:

Technically Rome had very few, almost none, offensive wars. Virtually every single conflict was justified as defending Rome or a very important ally whose integrity is being put into question.

Rome was always the bullwark against tyranny and senseless aggression.

They conquered the ancient world by accident after a series of trade disputes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Dibujante posted:

I'm gonna say that the Ottoman claim is legitimate and that Bayesid III is the current heir of Rome.

Huh, never married and no kids. It's like Murad IV only instead of going from soldier to insane serial killing sultan he became a librarian.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I'd love to see very rare but highly valuable resources spawned on only one planet in the map to create a Dune situation where a whole empire hinges on a single planet. Not every game, just once every two or three dozen games, like the rare natural wonders in Civ.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Groogy posted:

The only true empire is the one of Cyrus and his successors.

While I agree that Cyrus's empire was great, I think this is a little narrow minded. The Empire of Serbia, founded in 1346 by Stefan Dušan The Mighty, ranks above the Persian Empire in most chronologic, military, economic, and social metrics that you can find.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Drone posted:

Paradox, please make Serbian clay a trade commodity in Stellaris.

Serbian Clay is the terraforming resource hinted at in the DD. Where it is planted, life and civilization will flourish.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Will it be possible to have a shrimp themed civilization in Stellaris? I saw that you can play Molluscaloons and fungaloids so just wondering if crustaceans will get their fair shake?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

vyelkin posted:

purchased by EA and will now be working on the mobile version of the Sims.

This would be great. TS4 is already probably the best in the series stability and performance wise and pdox working on stuff placks and expansions would add depth to a base game that just needs a little more content to be the best in the series so far.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Was Johan aware that he was presenting earlier than five minutes ago? Or did they come kick the poo poo out of him to get out of bed around 1:00 minute into Ethan's video?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

poo poo when is D-day

July 4th

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Randarkman posted:

don't be silly authoritarian isn't an ethic in stellaris.

Collectivist then.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Stellaris is May 9th the release is May 9th. That is less than three months away!

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Officer Chunk is giving us the briefs guys :hist101:

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Orv posted:

Did you play a bunch of GC2? Nothing meaningful has changed. If you didn't GC2 (and thus by extension 3) was kind of The 4X in the Dark Times of 4X. It's definitely worth a shot, but by this time it's kinda a mess in terms of unnecessary complexity compared to more modern 4X innovations.

It's also strangely lifeless despite having a wealth of content. It's difficult to explain, but somehow GC just gets the spirit of the game slightly wrong and holy moly does it come out in spades.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Alternatively, if Distant Worlds is a little too plebian for you, Aurora is a little more in depth and free!

http://aurora2.pentarch.org

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

No they should allowed to develop under their own devices!

War will follow if you continue uplifting filthy bug creatures.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I'd love to see A Post-Diaspora DLC/start condition where you have a bunch of Earth nations that fled a dying/destroyed earth and got separated ala Freelancer. So you come across the Germans, British, Russians, Serbians, Chinese, etc. Have a few different potential start conditions and you could have a whole host of possibilities. The Canadians never found a planet and are a horde of nomadic spacers, French developed and were destroyed by an AI that now commands a fleet of automated tomb planets, Serbians founded a great empire that was subjugated by nearby alien empires and now yearns for liberation, etc.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Well, I'll be the first to say it: Zombie.

Oh this would be awful. Zombies... I seen it once in a game, once one courtier gets a taste for blood it spreads through the kingdom like wildfire. You know the thing about zombies? They got dull, lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a dolllss eyes. Don't seem like their living at all until they bite you, then those black eyes roll over white, and all you hear is the screaming and the hollaring.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

BillBear posted:

Hitler is nowhere near as sexy as Stalin. :colbert:

Young Churchill would beat his rear end with a swagger stick.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Could we instead just get a unit number and coordinate readout from the game?

I would like to have to assemble a real life map of Europe with small model tanks/infantry/etc and move them with a shuffle board stick.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Glad to see Pontus will be playable from the get-go. Always enjoyed playing as the Poison King.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

StratGoatCom posted:

Also, the fuckhead who presided over the company during the NWW fiasco is back.

:kheldragar:

I'm not familiar with the NWW fiasco what is that?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Huh, so the Paradox Tectonic life simulator is finally getting a formal announcement. Seems like that one has been cooking for 4+ years now.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

The rumors we've heard from it is that it is more like The Sims + Kerbal Space Program, which is a really odd mix that I don't know what would look like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

The Grande Strategy Supreme, coming soon to a Taco Bell near you