Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I really hope Jewish is one of the cultures you can convert a province to. I want to create a Jewish German Empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

CCP bought White Wolf years ago when they were riding high on Iceland bubble money and proceeded to spend several years building a new 3D engine for both a new RPG. Said engine was never completed and the only result was being able to walk around in one room in Eve Online. This was so poorly made that it literally overheated and killed certain models of ATI video cards. They spent so much money and resources on it that they nearly went bankrupt and had to add a useless microtransaction store that sold monocles for $75. This combined with questionable design decisions tanked Eve subscriptions and they just recently regained all the goodwill they lost.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Kavak posted:

Like many, many other companies, they jumped on the MMO bandwagon after World of Warcraft started going gangbusters (Though I think they bought White Wolf in 2003 and the merger came 3 years later), and were in too deep when it became apparent they'd totally misread the market. The difference is they already had EVE (So they should've known how the MMO market was going to go) and instead just sat on an incredibly marketable property for no reason. I don't understand why they didn't try to offload it after the recession- maybe they tried to get development started up again and it fell flat?

They were always trying to develop the White Wolf game as the engine for adding a third-person element to Eve but it never got off the ground. They refused to admit it was never going to happen for years and wasted millions on it.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Nov 1, 2015

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

What will be the worst mod made for HoI-4?

The courage push the bravery: Realistic Bulgarian Borders Mod

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Kaza42 posted:

It's been said a hundred times before, and I'll keep saying it despite that it's almost certainly a bad idea, but:

give me a game where the interface is your throne room and council halls. Let me interact with the world through in-game maps and reports and issue orders to underlings rather than enforce my magic will upon the world. If you can make this a first/third person game where you can actually walk around and interact with the area around you so much the better but I'll settle for stills and text.

Someone post the Magna Mundi Reichstag interface picture thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Mantis42 posted:

It wasn't in the launch version of the game, but that was more due to old Paradox not knowing much about Asian history. It got added with A House Divided iirc.

The good old days of China being two cultures ("Northern" and "Southern") and having CELESTIAL as its special empire type in EU3