Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Tokamak posted:

Bitcoin prices are going up, uP, UP!

Well it's true. It costs more in electricity to mine coins than they're worth now. Their value might not be going up, but their price sure is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Truga posted:

Well it's true. It costs more in electricity to mine coins than they're worth now. Their value might not be going up, but their price sure is.

And this is good for star citizen, because

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Truga posted:

And this is good for star citizen, because

Both groups of fans are idiots?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Aww man Derek didn't reveal the ship name. Once again Star Citizen disappoints.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Xaerael posted:

Both groups of fans are idiots?

Both sell only the dream of a thing, not the thing itself which will inevitably be a letdown. It's the feeling of belonging to an exclusive elite, destined to be the envy of the unwashed masses that's the product here.

Gryphon0468
Oct 3, 2015

ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO SUCK OFF CHRIS ROBERTS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Derek disappoints, as usual. Btw the ship will almost certainly be the Prowler, due to Ben stating its not the Crucible, and shares a name with a ship from Wing Commander and it's the only ship besides the Crucible left in the line up that is still unseen. It's pretty simple to figure that out if you follow along.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It was bad idea anyway. Nothing good would come of it.
If he revealed it, CR would change it on the fly and discredit Derek in a display of openly gloating him come Saturday. The whales would crank up their jerking it to SC once again and causal observers from then on would think Derek is a liar/fraud/troll.

Don't do it Derek.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I predict that the next ship will be called Affluence or Prosperity.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hopper posted:

It was bad idea anyway. Nothing good would come of it.
If he revealed it, CR would change it on the fly and discredit Derek in a display of openly gloating him come Saturday. The whales would crank up their jerking it to SC once again and causal observers from then on would think Derek is a liar/fraud/troll.

Don't do it Derek.

He can reveal it 1 minute prior to CIG's announcement. That way they won't be able to change anything.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

its actually the flying dutchman

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

He can reveal it 1 minute prior to CIG's announcement. That way they won't be able to change anything.

True but he said he would do it today. Which would not be clever. They'd just pull any other jpeg out their pockets (this thing won't be flyable anyway) and say "this is it".

Also: I fully expect a nintendogsStarPetizen demo at CitCon. Something completely unimportant for the game yet appeasing for the whales and other various furry creatures among the cultists,

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Gryphon0468 posted:

Derek disappoints, as usual. Btw the ship will almost certainly be the Prowler, due to Ben stating its not the Crucible, and shares a name with a ship from Wing Commander and it's the only ship besides the Crucible left in the line up that is still unseen. It's pretty simple to figure that out if you follow along.

Gryphon, whats it going to take to get you to leave the cult. Im prepared to assist in a intervention on your behalf.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Ayn Randi posted:

its actually the flying dutchman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w34fSnJNP-4

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000
I COULDN'T BACK UP ANY OF MY ARGUEMENTS, IGNORE ME PLEASE.

Paladinus posted:

Avarice

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Beluga

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Hubris

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
This is the best worst thread ever.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Gryphon0468 posted:

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/jobs

64 job openings, 6 of which are in Austin. Tell me again why a company about to run out of money would be looking to fill a further 64 positions?

Oct 3, 2015

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Gryphon0468 posted:

...the ship will almost certainly be the Prowler...

Hay zeus H. Christo.

If that's true it even made me spurge a little juice from my loins and I'm just in it for the lulz these days. What a ship like that will do to the initiated is going to be a sight to see.
Take a look for yourselves and tell me this is not tied into the whole Vandull invasion thing.

http://www.wcsaga.com/database/confederation-capital-ships/prowler.html

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

The new ship was specifically developed for SQ42 and has never been seen or mentioned before. It is not one of the stretch goal ships.

If Derek really knows something he will confirm this information.

Gryphon0468
Oct 3, 2015

ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO SUCK OFF CHRIS ROBERTS

Incombibulator posted:

Hay zeus H. Christo.

If that's true it even made me spurge a little juice from my loins and I'm just in it for the lulz these days. What a ship like that will do to the initiated is going to be a sight to see.
Take a look for yourselves and tell me this is not tied into the whole Vandull invasion thing.

http://www.wcsaga.com/database/confederation-capital-ships/prowler.html

It's not literally the Prowler from WC. Just has its name as hinted by Ben. The Prowler in SC is going to be a stealthy boarding ship probably about the size of the Redeemer. Around 30-40m long. It's not a capital ship or likely to be bigger than the Constellation really.

Description as follows: Espera Prowler – Named after the UPE military designation, the Prowler is a modernized version of the infamous Tevarin boarding craft from the First Tevarin War. With the recent discovery of the lost Tevarin planet in Kabal System, Espera’s engineers were given unmitigated access to examine the preserved ships found in several of the caches, before meticulously recreating the design choices. The Sentinel’s effectiveness as a rapid personnel deployment vehicle was mainly due to its silence. The boarding was constructed using a variety of techniques to minimize its signatures and get close to unsuspecting vessels before quickly deploying their boarders via EVA. With the updated Prowler model, you will find the perfect fusion of two culture: the elegance and effectiveness of the Tevarin war machine combined with the reliability of modern UEE technology. (While lacking some of the upgrades of the modern version, vintage Tevarin-built Prowlers restored for modern spaceflight are prized by owners lucky enough to locate them.)

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

Is he sitting in a space chair or in front of an alien rear end in a top hat getting spread apart by two green alien hands?

Wait....

It can't be!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Avalanche posted:

Is he sitting in a space chair or in front of an alien rear end in a top hat getting spread apart by two green alien hands?

Wait....

It can't be!

Hate it when people forget to include the ring.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Gryphon0468 posted:

It's not literally the Prowler from WC. Just has its name as hinted by Ben. The Prowler in SC is going to be a stealthy boarding ship probably about the size of the Redeemer. Around 30-40m long. It's not a capital ship or likely to be bigger than the Constellation really.

Description as follows: Espera Prowler – Named after the UPE military designation, the Prowler is a modernized version of the infamous Tevarin boarding craft from the First Tevarin War. With the recent discovery of the lost Tevarin planet in Kabal System, Espera’s engineers were given unmitigated access to examine the preserved ships found in several of the caches, before meticulously recreating the design choices. The Sentinel’s effectiveness as a rapid personnel deployment vehicle was mainly due to its silence. The boarding was constructed using a variety of techniques to minimize its signatures and get close to unsuspecting vessels before quickly deploying their boarders via EVA. With the updated Prowler model, you will find the perfect fusion of two culture: the elegance and effectiveness of the Tevarin war machine combined with the reliability of modern UEE technology. (While lacking some of the upgrades of the modern version, vintage Tevarin-built Prowlers restored for modern spaceflight are prized by owners lucky enough to locate them.)

Oh yeah, seamless and engaging boarding mechanics are one of the many promised "features".

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

kikkelivelho posted:

The new ship was specifically developed for SQ42 and has never been seen or mentioned before. It is not one of the stretch goal ships.

If Derek really knows something he will confirm this information.

What? You'll be able to play as a ship in an FPS? I've got to say, Roberts has some revolutionary ideas after all.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Paladinus posted:

What? You'll be able to play as a ship in an FPS? I've got to say, Roberts has some revolutionary ideas after all.

There's a reason why doctor Smart is so jealous of Roberts and his nongame.

e: I'd reveal more but we don't want to ruin the surprise, right Derek?

kikkelivelho fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Oct 7, 2015

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Well, thanks for pissing in my wheaties with accurate and non-misleading facts.
What on earth are you doing here?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

No no don't chase him away

This is the gawking time.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Gryphon0468 posted:

Description as follows: [insert literally any fantasy here like it's got just tons of guns and loads of pointy bits that serve no discernible purpose and a coffee machine and there's some stuff like you saw in that one popular sci-fi movie seriously just make up any bullshit Chris will say yes to everything so long as you keep buying jpegs]

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

No this is good stuff, we need something to chuckle at while waiting for citcon.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The Prowler was known before this. Supposedly the ship being revealed is completely new. My guess is the new corvette after the Idris became a frigate.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A majestic ship reflects myriads of stars as it cruises through the galaxy. Her silvery bow glistens with a faint tint of crimson as the ship approaches a giant sun. Thrusters are at the maximum speed and there is no turning back. In mere seconds a piece of paper with a jpg printed on it goes ablaze and turns into ashes upon touching a hot plate of an electric oven, and tears quickly evaporate with a sad hiss.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Gotcha.

lauresh
Jun 1, 2013

What are we having for dinner?

Incombibulator posted:

Well, thanks for pissing in my wheaties with accurate and non-misleading facts.
What on earth are you doing here?

Come to convert us to the cult of roberts ofc

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Incombibulator posted:

I sense a disturbance in the 'verse.
So close, but yet so far. The cult shall never be wrong!

Sauce: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/288043/somehow-he-managed-to-do-it [concierge paywall]

Too Many Time, Too Many Money and Too Many Passion.

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012
Alright it's been a week and I've not yet gotten a response for even an acknowledgement about my refund. What say you, goons, about how I should go about getting their attention?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

PseudoFaux posted:

Alright it's been a week and I've not yet gotten a response for even an acknowledgement about my refund. What say you, goons, about how I should go about getting their attention?

Set yourself on fire, film it, and tweet the video to Sandi.

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012

Paladinus posted:

Set yourself on fire, film it, and tweet the video to Sandi.

I'm not whale enough to come out on top after medical bills

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Paladinus posted:

Set yourself on fire Make a time lapse video of you growing magnificent pubes, and tweet the video to Sandi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

SneakyFrog posted:

Make a time lapse video of you growing magnificent pubes, and tweet the video to Sandi.

Please. PLEASE do this.

• Locked thread