Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Five Guys Hotdogs and FRIES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I like how they're sinking so much money into the campaign when I'm pretty sure that like 90% of people interested in Star Citizen (the concept, not the reality) don't give a flying gently caress about it. Everyone just wants the PU that will never be a tenth of what is promised. Who gives a poo poo about the loving campaign?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

AP posted:

Shaved Citizen.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Decrepus posted:

Chris Roberts: I'm not a game developer. There's no "Roberts Space Industries" We don't have a game.
Dick Wulf: [looking at PC screen] But there it is...
Chris Roberts: The game is just jpgs.
Dick Wulf: But, I see many ships.
Chris Roberts: You've seen concepts that look like ships. Our flight model is... is Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing. And our cargo system is... it's Bejeweled. It's an illusion. It's all fake. Just like me.
Dick Wulf:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Doesn't matter.

You are a beta bitch.

Coming in here posting a quote specifically referencing the "magnitude" of your ahem... investment, and then shying away from telling us the total? You put that ball on the tee and you better swing the loving bat.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I motion that until such a time as Bluestreak discloses the amount of the refund that he be labeled "Seraph co-conspirator" and treated as such.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

BombiTheZombie posted:

Whatever happened to the guy that used his family's Christmas present savings to buy himself and his kid a starship.jpg? I remember that was the first time i ever felt sorry for the people who were suckered into the scam.

From what i remember he was absolutely sure his kid would love the awesome present he got him.

I think you are confusing Star Citizen with Doobies Dog House here. There was an infamous goon who's entire Christmas fund went into supporting the Doobies kickstarter. For a while there Star Citizen, Doobies, and DayZ all had one shared megathread in GBS.

Unless of course there are two goons and they both did the same thing. That would be hilarious and not actually too surprising.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Wafflz posted:

Yeah, CR already caught all the whales.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

bres0048 posted:

Wonder what the odds are of Sandi just going gently caress you nerds, tossing down the divorce, and bouncing with half the monies.

If you mean the crowfunding money and not Croberts personal cash then that is impossible because company money and personal money are very very different things from a legal perspective.

How does an adult even think something like that could happen?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

FooF posted:

Ok. So assuming Chris R/CIG really have wasted nearly 90 million on hookers and blow, what's the fallout? Not just for the cult but for the gaming landscape in general and perhaps more specifically, Roberts and those devs? Does Roberts turn so toxic that he's run out of the industry? Do crowdfunded games lose a lot of luster or does Star Citizen just become another cautionary tale of feature creep and ego?

I would say that the whole thing would reveal that Kickstarter games are huge risks that over promise, under deliver, and are generally dumb. However I think that anyone who isn't a retard should have realized that already, so I guess the real takeaway will just be a lesson about feature creep.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

nopantsjack posted:

Whats the verdict on E:D? Obviously these Redditors tell me its the worst game ever, a ripoff of SC and the devil and everyone regrets backing it instead of SC.

My buddy who was initially interested in Star Citizen until I told him about cargo commander and such is currently shouting E:D's praise to the moon whenever I speak to him. He really wants me to hop in and play.

Maybe it's time to get a HOTAS....

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Wafflz posted:

The real image since no star citizen thread should be without it

What I love most about this picture is how the longer you look at it the more little details come out, and every time you see it there is something new.

Like the katana on the floor, or the cut marks on the doll's arm.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Szcwczuk posted:

Sounds like eve goons drama they will call you a goon fucker over literally anything

I was called a goon fucker because I sold goods to goons at too low a cost in EVE.

You see, selling your fellow goons goods purchased in Jita (the central market hub) at 400% markup for the trouble of having them shipped them to conflict zones (by a 3rd party no less) is natural to a lot of them. I did not like this practice and began importing the same goods and selling them for the outrageously low price of "double whatever it cost me". For this I was unironically called a goonfucker because I was destroying the profit margins of the people who had to lower their prices to compete with mine!

Informal cartels that price fix goods: Normal
Competition in prices: Goon loving

sorry EVE goons but your brains are broken.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

36e75651fb234ddc6b88f57254017e0b78baef327f522cabdea975c07eca691a

lol

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Eonwe posted:

its a full loot sandbox game tho, so thats gotta count for something

5v5 me bro

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

revmoo posted:

That's ridiculous. So if Steam fucks you over somehow and you (rightly) file a charge back they just steal all your paid-for games out from under you?

Basically, yeah. Welcome to capitalism.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Romes128 posted:

i think you can get a refund if you play something less than 2 hours anyway, so why else would you need to have to dispute a charge with steam?

Maybe they cancel the DOTA 2 Halloween event???????

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Karmalis posted:

I'm drunk and I want to gently caress. Is this the right thread?

Yeah they just finished the social module after all.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Someone post the funny Star Marine/other videos please, I can't find them in the literal 3000 posts that have been made since yesterday.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

:captainpop:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

I thought you were gonna link the "rip luke skywalker" clip from the Battlefront 3 beta that has been going around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnqtUAg4hkw

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
NEVER FORGET......

... to remove the placeholder "POTATO" text from your promotional images before release.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Unfunny Poster posted:

Has anyone played Artemis Bridge Simulator? It seems like a fun game.

I've played it with a group of 4. Pretty fun. We taunted the space bad guys into flying into a black hole, nuked a bunch of things, and then got torn apart by a cloud of space bees.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Yeah I have a question: who in the world are you because this loving thread does 1000 posts a day at least.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Holey moley.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Eonwe posted:

its even funnier that its another goon claiming to be you

lol

Layers upon layers of goon treachery.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Agrajag did nothing wrong.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Je suis bettysbigtits

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Amarcarts posted:

Could you imagine what people would look like if they spent all their gaming time running on the treadmill or doing pushups?

They would look bored.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Sillybones posted:

What the gently caress is Terra Firma or Armada?

I'm trying to figure this out and I think what is happening is that what you are reading is a fictional story about the future. A future in which Star Citizen was a successful game but not as successful Terra Firma or Armada, currently non-existent games (moreso than Star Citizen) that the author is envisioning.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

peter gabriel posted:

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

This is some oooooooold stuff here.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

peter gabriel posted:

Ok that makes it alright

No it's still lol material but I'm hoping for fresher stuff. We don't have room for old reruns in a 50 page a day thread!!!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

quote:

I don't know what we do, but there has to be a way to round these people up, or tag them in some way. Maybe like a star next to their name letting everyone know they are goons that way we can stay away? Don't they have their own clan? Should they be allowed on public servers with the rest of us or should they be tagged in some way so that we know who they are?

Holy lol.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Reddit has no sympy for SA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfvGECYB6Gs

*posts picture of world of warcraft, LA noire development time compared to SC, forgets that CIG originally said the game would be out a year ago*

Can you imagine taking that chart at face value and being ok with this farce continuing for like five more years?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Madcosby posted:

please please dont post your worthless recipes again

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Ghostlight posted:

[–]crazyprsnCivilian 36 points 10 hours ago

If they manage to make their game they way they will, I will be less inclined to necessarily take my own life.

:captainpop:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Devian666 posted:

It's a promotional piece lying about the game existing. It needs to be corrected to say backers again. How the gently caress would there be 1m players in a game that doesn't exist?

Probably just deceptively counting people with Arena Commander access as "Star Citizen players".

In other news according to Youtube almost 39 million have seen Star Wars: The Force Awakens since it came out three nights ago.

• Locked thread