Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
So judging from all these new posts star citizen has been released and nerds have been inserting feeding tubes in order to play he greatest simulator ever to be released or Christ Roberts has gotten dsmarted. Can someone please summarize?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Shala posted:

If you're not tryin to break the bank, I use this nice little $100 charcoal Nexgrill to great effect. I'd recommend it for a solid beater that works very well for not very much.

http://i.imgur.com/hpaAOxa.jpg

Step your grill game up and get a Kamado style grill

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Shala posted:

IDK what that is but it sounds pretty fuckin weeabooish so I don't care anymore.

The green egg style grill. Kamado is the generic name I think.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Literally Kermit posted:

Wi

What was combat in SC supposed to be like? More like long distance railgunning etc?

It was going to be an honorable affair between arch spergs

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Has anyone said Butt Shitizen in the past 59 pages?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

lol I got an email for CIG saying my account is suspended on suspicion of RMT

had to send back my ill-gotten pixel money and hoping I can even get my account back lol

Post the email. This will be amazing if CIG goes after all the third party ship selling because they see it as money they missed out on.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

gently caress yes IMPORVEMtS IN HANGAR LIGHTING is in!
I have waited for this day!!!!!
YES!!!!!
gently caress YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at that lighting in a hangar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm the fog machine for no reason

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

A Neurotic Jew posted:

does anyone else think the new Hangar Simulator 2015 is absolute TRASH with the new lighting????? That's it I'm out.

Burn the heretic

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Good. It'll make selling my poo poo easier.

I'm not even watching CitCon. Gonna go do family stuff. Hell by the time I get back maybe they'll have the livestream unfucked.

Look at this shameful Judas that is betraying Christ Roberts.

Edit like what the gently caress has happened in the past 50 pages. Bootcha needs to man up and become a proxy for Sir Derek Smart so he can burn this poo poo to the ground or have cig give him a refund.

Edit 2 I will take up the mantle of PCOS Bill and play the devils advocate from here on out until Bootcha does the right thing

neonbregna fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 9, 2015

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

1stGear posted:

Chris Roberts will announce RSI's bankruptcy via a demo of the FPS module. The demo will consist solely of a pretty sweet animation of your spaceman putting a gun in his mouth and pulling the trigger.

The demo will crash four times. The fifth time the crosshair will float off-screen causing your spaceman to shoot off his ear.

I don't get how you can keep spreading your plebeian views and not feel a deep sense of shame. How can Christ Roberts be anywhere near fiscal insolvency? If you take a learned look at what has been produced so far it is not possible to have even spent 10 million in funding to accomplish. Stop spreading FUD.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

quote:

Bootcha, is this you?

This squares with specifics already volunteered by Bootcha ($25m tier buyout, very small number of private backers remaining), and may be in reference to him specifically. If the above is true, then it is especially interesting to hear that CIG is in no hurry to provide private owners with financials. Obviously, CIG has a lot going on, and these kind of requests aren't going to be high priority with a minority-share owner. Still, investors have the right to know the financial health of companies they own.

Bootcha, if you're not the one asking for financials, you might want to.

Stop spreading FUD. If an unemployed individual like dickwulf can purchase 20k+ of spaceships for the ultimate simulation 55k hardly makes Bootcha an investor of that is worthy of a direct line to Christ Roberts.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Skoll posted:

How can you knowingly provide "LTI" for a biodegradable object?

Sir, I am beginning to think you do not have the backers best interests at heart.

The lifetime of a shart is approximately 24 hours before it dehydrates to its half life depending on diet. It's pretty easy to provide this coverage if a diet is provided.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Eonwe posted:

lets think back to Archeage launch

everyone had a wonderful time playing a terrible lovely janky pay to win game, it was wonderful

It turns out BobFromMarketing played Archeage with us. I didn't know who this dude was, neither did a lot of people. Some goons, however, knew him because he was outed as being a pedophile who groomed an icelandic teenager for sex. This was brought to the attention of the guild leaders, and a screencap of the goon guild leader was taken with him saying that 'it was a long time ago and wasnt even in America.' They wanted to keep him because he provided a lot of virtual wool for the guild (im not loving kidding). There were even attempts to sneak him back into the guild under a different name.

Naturally, a lot of goons found this really loving disgusting. I, Kimsemus, Stormgale, and a few other people started raising hell and eventually after a lot of drama and Imp Zone invasions the guild leader stepped down. (Sidenote: I used to be just a regular boring whitenoise poster before this, but I thought the imps were funny and thats why I started being a shitposting whitenoise poster instead.) In any case, the guild leader chose one of his friends to be a guild leader which didn't make anyone too happy, but he was an alright guy. Unfortunately, his dad got really sick so he just stopped coming on. He remained guild leader, so there was absolutely no real leadership. The guild had no real guild leader in his absence, just a bunch of officers. This led to some pretty awesome drama, including Kimsemus being kicked out of Goonrathi/EVE Goons

The reason Kimsemus is no longer in the EVE guild or the Star Citizen guild is because of the following:

Some of the officers wanted everyone to raise money by fishing. If you went out in the ocean you could play a lovely rhythm minigame to catch fish and turn them in for gold. The ocean was open PvP and if you were fishing you were basically really loving vulnerable. Some of the officers basically decided to ally with LITERALLY ANYONE SITTING IN THE OCEAN FISHING. Yes, you understood that right. They decided to make a well known alliance with any person in the loving ocean who had a fishing pole basically. This is despite the fact that since launch some Goons had been pirating and that was the main reason they played the game. This included Kimsemus. He was basically a PvP dude, and went around on his boat with goons and killed people.

Dabigredboat is one of the fishing pact goons and he got super mad at Kimsemus for goonfucking (by PvPing in an open PvP zone and killing pubbies). He used his influence to get Kimsemus and Lincoln kicked out of both EVE Goons and Goonrathi because he was super loving mad at video game fishing in a lovely korean MMO. As far as Anders goes? I don't know why Anders cares so much but he seems to really not like Kimsemus.

Anyway every director other than Anders I've talked to has basically said they don't care about Kimsemus and wouldn't really care if he was in except for Anders. Beer seems to not really care period either to be fair.

Free Kimsemus from this mortal coil.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

So I will buy whatever games do come out instead. That's called having disposable income, you should try it sometime it's great. Tell you a secret, the women money gets you will do all the things your basic bitch wife or gf won't.

So how are your mother's rates these days?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Hammerstein posted:

Meanwhile on DSmart's Twitter:

Should of sent a poet

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

At this point I feel bad for Illfonic and wouldn't be surprised if they would have made a pretty fun little FPS module if they had been given the chance. I would love to know their story.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3730761 they are making a poop/Piss/rape simulator using the same jpeg financing that Christ Roberts is.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Fact : There have been more posts today then lines of coded added to Star Citizens code base. Makes you think.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

CrazyLoon posted:

But no, you see, because their individual PU instances will be based on the Cloud, which will magically sustain itself, so your argument is irrelevant.

Are you an Octopod parachute account? Because that is literally what he believes.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Wrap it up awful failures. Your campaign of spreading FUD has failed as you can see from this chart funding is going up up up.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Rip this dead gay ga,e

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Variable 5 posted:

So CIG wants to give me a refund of $560 off of a credit of $1265 I have in my account. Giving them till Thursday, then I'm meeting with my bank to see how many chargebacks I can file. Hopefully it's a lot :dance:

Please be real

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Kakarot posted:

Nice! I'll have one

So concierge vip is 10k I guess?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Baba Ganoush posted:

Normally when people get hyped for an MMO and it releases but is a huge disappointment it only results in forum rage.

In Star Citizen's case... when it's announced that everyone was scammed / it's bankrupt / whatever and it's not coming out, there will be a lot of rage but people are going to kill themselves also

So the question is: How many SC backers will die?

Not enough

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Szcwczuk posted:

Yeah you already admitted to it in this thread bud but really we don't care about your ego masturbation as much as you think we do.

Counterpoint I am furiously masturbating to the thought of smart masturbating his ego in this thread. Stop kink shaming

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

CrazyTolradi posted:

Seraph tries to act well off as bad as Dick Wulf does.

Isn't he so well off he tried to sell a stolen iPhone on SAMart or I am getting my crazies mixed up?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

I like how every week or so some gimmick account pops in here to try to troll, but we've already had the grand pappy of all trolls in this very thread, hell we gave him his own subforum.

D smart is actually an Internet warlord

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Qhorin posted:

:agreed:

Yesterday I had this delicious bacon, fig, & sautéed jalapeño sandwich from Num Pang:

The figs were tender, slightly caramelized, and sweet but not cloying. The bacon was plentiful, the perfect combination of juicy and thick. The sandwich was imbued with some fire from the chili mayo Num Pang slathers over all their 'wiches. 10/10 a perfect sandwich.

Look at this bitch idiot pleb that still eats bread.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

LCL-Dead posted:

Any of you guys in the Virginia/MD/NC/PA area ever go to Mission BBQ?

Their sliced brisket is loving amazing and their pulled chicken sandwiches are my new all time favorite.

Unfortunately I moved recently and the closest one is now about 1.5 hours away from me versus 10 minutes.

Pit Stop In Aldie,VA probably crushes mission. Badtothebone and willards are acceptable alternatives during the week

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Qhorin posted:

Oh I loving love carbs. You would too if you burned 3-4,000+ calories a day.

I think you are grossly overestimating calories burned per post. Bread is literally food for poors.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Wafflz posted:

He gave 4 1/2 stars to archeage :laffo:

God drat from this picture alone I can guarantee he is your stereotypical star citizener jfc

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Ragequit posted:

Derek, you may not spend "a lot" on lawyers, but time is also money. How much of your day is dedicated to Star Citizen stuff, because it seems like an insane amount. This is just twitter, but I imagine every other SC forum you visit, blog/tumbler/napkin manifestos you write, etc. take up another huge chunk of time.

Being an Internet warlord is a full time job

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

ShredsYouSay posted:

is the Keith elwood guy seraph again

What does your heart say?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

ShredsYouSay posted:

Why is the money hat still shown.

Because they have the audiences

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

RattiRatto posted:

Please post less in this thread.
When i want to know about star citizen i cannot go through 4000+ posts each time. I even thought for a moment to go on reddit

No

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

chaosbreather posted:

Derek just posted dolvaks real name on Twitter and is talking some smack. I'm glad he got him.

Who is dolvak

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Ragequit posted:

Even if I don't agree with someone's methods or personality, I don't like seeing someone develop a mental illness or an extremely unhealthy obsession over something.

Why do you hate things that make laffs?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Hammerstein posted:

So he's already backpedaling ? "Durrrh, DS is a bad person", *catches attention*, "Leave me alone, leave me alone".

At leads he knows he should be mad about star citizen. He just is not directing it at the people responsible for being in the state it is in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Last

• Locked thread