Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

Gonkish posted:

What have I missed that there are now refunds? Has the Christ Roberts bubble burst? Is the apocalypse nigh?

I had never thought the apocalypse would be so beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

It's like the gift that keeps on giving :allears:

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Gryphon0468 posted:

No way this is far too entertaining already.

I'm waiting for when you inevitably pull the puppetmaster defense to save your own ego.

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Gryphon0468 posted:

So many bites. I can barely keep up. And here I thought you guys were adept at not feeding trolling behavior. Oh and I've never played WoW. EvE Online off and on though.

Yup there it is lol, doubling down with the good old puppermaster defense to save his own fragile ego. It's really funny how easily you can predict them.

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Gryphon0468 posted:

Wow you gunes are rabid! I never thought I'd get this crazy enthusiastic response. You all must have a lot of free time on your hands. I'm honoured, really. I'm even on holiday to boot! Thanks fellow gunes for making me feel so welcome :D

Aww, look at their poor ego in retreat.

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Potato Salad posted:

Good.

You may find that this thread -- and you can go back and read this for yourself -- is interested in the general destruction of things. We largely told Derek Smart to gently caress off when he was posting here because he's loving retarded. The Escapist can get hosed because [history of Escapist drama here]. Gamergate poo poo can gently caress off.

If at the end of the day everything lies in ruin, the Lords of Chaos will be pleased. Blood for the Blood God. Skulls for the Skull Throne.

Let the industry burn.

This 1000%, I just want to watch it all burn, whoever loses, we still win.

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Chocobo posted:

Holy poo poo I never actually read that update. They are literally delaying their FPS because there is a bug preventing players from aiming, and they can't figure out why.

On an engine designed for FPS as well.

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

OhDearGodNo posted:

There's a post in r/outoftheloop and it's already gone to poo poo.

The SC subreddit has already spammed it with Derek Smart theories, GamerGate, and claiming not only that the sources have been discredited as Derek Smart, but that reddit figured it out.

e: mods on point, already deleted it.

It's like hivemind schizophrenia.

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Kind of curious now, can a hivemind develop an analog to an individual mental disorder that extends to the nodes of the hivemind? I'd think yes just by looking at that reddit.

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Literal mental illness right there.

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

BombiTheZombie posted:

Whatever happened to the guy that used his family's Christmas present savings to buy himself and his kid a starship.jpg? I remember that was the first time i ever felt sorry for the people who were suckered into the scam.

From what i remember he was absolutely sure his kid would love the awesome present he got him.

How soon after did his wife divorce him?

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

notacult.jpg

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Is this shitshow still going on? lol what the gently caress.

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Sarsapariller posted:

The whole thing's done in javascript though so I'm not sure how they'd do it without having to have an in-game web browser or something equally top heavy. Which I wouldn't put past them given that whole arm-mounted UI thing they waved around briefly. At this point in the project's life cycle I'm a lot less interested in possibilities though, and more interested in when stuff's actually going to be released.

Isn't there an entire UI system that basically just uses javascript for it? I feel like I remember the most recent sim city game used it but I can't remember the name.

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

The game was a failure from the start because they put a loving washed up has-been in charge. I mean seriously how the gently caress does a game you did 20 god drat years ago mean ANYTHING nowadays. People were still communicating on BBS for fucks sake. This worthless gently caress now got $90 million to piss off into the wind with and has nothing decent to show for it. The last game he made was when DOS was the premiere loving operating system!

Why anyone bought into this bullshit in the first place because of some gently caress up that could barely make a decent game then without ripping people off is beyond me.

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Is there any proof their tracker is real and they're not just making poo poo up?

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

I'm not convinced the crazies singing the praises aren't just plants by CIG to make it appear like more people are devoted to the game.

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

I was starting to get bored of this thread and now it's amazing again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

So anything good/hilarious happen recently?

• Locked thread