Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Thirsty Dog posted:

You're being weird. Stop being weird.

I'm bringing the comedy.

Holy crap Smart!

Onmi fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Oct 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pywjdJ7P-7o

Need this with Derek Smarts face.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I said come in! posted:

"Kevin is a washed-up has been, who foolishly thinks people like him"

:lol: loving irony

Derek doesn't think people like him (I don't think)

EDIT: "There was an indie dev named Phil Fish. He was awesome, but caustic and a bit unhinged as some would say."

is that what we call a talentless hack these days? I could think of worse. Like, thief.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Oct 5, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So William Usher conducted an interview with someone on the CiG team. Look for contradictions I say

http://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2015/10/star-citizen-interview-cig-employee-addresses-financial-allegations-project-concerns/

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

AP posted:

Who is William Usher and why is that interview so bad, do you know? And by bad, I don't mean just the answers, the questions were terrible too.

William Usher is a journalist who's had some good pieces but this is not one of them. If I had to give an analytical response to why the questions are so bad, it's because they're probably the most soft ball questions in the world and Usher seems to be going above and beyond the call to remain on the side of CiG for the duration.

EDIT: I also suspect that Sandi was literally in the room with a gun at that point and either of them breaking the narrative would have their brains blown across the floor.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 6, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Is Motherfuckers a hard word to use?

Bolow posted:

Besides the others mentioned, Xenonauts, and Strike Suit Zero for better or worse

I kinda like Strike Suit Zero, though I do find it a little hard to control at times.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So Ben Kuchera, apparently not happy that someone actually did real journalisim is trying to pull Lizzy's act with Shenmue 3

https://archive.is/oztLJ

gently caress you I'm not linking to polygon directly.

Except it's Ben and Polygon so he quotes Yu Suzuki out of context and repeats already disproven lies.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

How is it being weird, I'm directly comparing one story to another and the major differences between them.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Exposure posted:

Because it comes off as having far more to do with the great internet slapfight than the Star Citizen drama?

I mean, we laughed at Chris Roberts mentioning the slapfight in his rant for a reason.

But that's not why I'm bringing it up, I'm bringing it up because it has parallels to the same situation going on with Star Citizen. If you want to make it about a slapfight or whatever that's on you.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So close to a realization.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Dusty Lens posted:

In that context I also meant goons when I said people.

Don't be stupid, goons aren't people.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

quote:

>They could stop right now, and you'd still be happy.
you're right, I'm having fun with how the game plays right now. It's what I wanted.
If you guys want to keep being butthurt because it takes a long time to add more then that's your problem
i'll be over here having fun while you cry into your pillow about how this game is so horrible and a scam for not being instantly released as the best game in history.

Latest cultist quote that I love. "It doesn't matter if they stop development now, I will be happy"

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

quote:

you loving morons are worthless.
You think you're right forever, you think nobody but one person could ever disagree, you ignore all arguments and evidence that isn't supporting you.
what the gently caress.
this is pathetic.
you must all be loving 12 year old morons.
why am I even here.

This is the best. He's so loving angry

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Wafflz posted:

source your quotes

/v/ I think. it's essentially a thread of "Star Shillizan going down the drain. Goons wasted $300K on this the loving morons. TORtanic 2.0" And a cultist has run in to start screaming. I'm getting these from a skype friend and I've learned better than to ask for links from him.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

quote:

which is honestly why pointing at year old timelines and saying "they didn't meet this! so it's not coming" is ridiculous
to be honest I don't expect the game out very soon either, likely in late 2016 or early 2017 well begin to see everything coming together as they've fleshed it out, because that's how long game development takes
my problem has been with all these people saying it's just a scam, or not coming at all, because of a few relatively normal delays. It's just not sensible.
Hell at this point I wish CIG didn't bother with the whole "public involvement" face and just kept everything behind closed doors like other developers do, this is why

Yes, tell me more about reasonable development person who said they were fine if nothing new ever came out.

When asked, "why are they still selling .jpegs of ships when they haven't even finished the kickstarter ships" the response was

quote:

ships are on a cycle, they're developing the ones they need or had planned for the 1 player campaign first, then they're moving into those that are going to be the most used in the initial releases of multicrew.
As for "new ships," these were already planned and come from a different department than those currently developing the ships in the dev stream

Let me be clear, I'm glad that treasures like this exist. I mean I'd always known there were stupid people with disposable income, but you never quite believe how stupid.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

quote:

see this is what I was just saying.
They add new features
Then they say "this will take longer"
then you point at the timeline they gave for a much smaller game and someone his means they're incompetent? for what? adding more? because they can't compete a much, much larger game in the same constraints? that's just not fair and seems like a real stretch that you would try to reason the game isn't coming at all because of this

Stop please it's 4 AM, I need to head to the university in an hour and a half.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Oh god. Call for the drat bell somebody stop the drat match.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

This was on the cults Reddit

:barf:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Tarranon posted:

thanks for the good reddit memes, please keep us updated

That is not good.

Never even ironically call it good.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Somebody who might've been on his friends list if he was

That guy liked JAM Project, so he was alright by me.

Yes I was.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

OhDearGodNo posted:

Refund issued, I'm completely free of this poo poo.

e: gonna blow half of it on warhams.

"I just got back my money from those scam artists... welp time to give it to the morally bankrupts idiots"

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Wafflz posted:

but are they morally bankrupt idiots with an actual game?

Well give them a couple of months and they wont have one of their current ones.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Although the game is there, it might not exist in like a year. But even then you can probably get grognards with older, better rules and have fun with your plastic which is something that .jpg ship havers will never have.

Unless they kill 40k, I don't see it dying, they're financially solvent for all things taken into balance.

If you're thinking about Age of Sigmar however, no, you might as well... just spend your money on poo poo that exists and is good.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Some lovely art sent my way

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Remember the Sony Rootkit fiasco? That was legit nasty stuff and plaintiffs ended up with basically the cost of a CD out of it.

Good luck chasing that dream of free money though! :toot:

^ Also holy poo poo, I love the Carmaggeddon one. That was a great game.

the rootkit fiasco was when the PS3 got jailbroken because someone leaked a rootkit dongle right? I never learned how that turned out.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TwjXC628cs

Some citizens truly believe.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Another entry for Starmageddon

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Nellistos posted:

backup mod appears

Army 12 Black cock?

I sure hope for the sake of that mod it's inch's and not age.

FAKE EDIT: Why did I post that? that wasn't funny...

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Another fun picture.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

shadow puppet of a posted:

"People online said mean things to...."
"People online said mean things about...."

Cyber Violence is a serious issue and should be taken as seriously as murder.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Why is Games Media poo poo? Well, I'll answer that question with a news report. An article from someone describing themselves as an "Uncharted Veteran" complained that Uncharted 4: A Thiefs End, was too formulaic when they played it on the floor at Tokyo Game Show. Which in and of itself if would be fine Were the game they were commenting on not in fact Uncharted 2 Remastered.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Paladinus posted:

So Roberts can make Wing Commander HD to full everyone?

Well he can't because EA owns the license but he could release a reskinned Wing Commander with the serial number filed off and Games Media would hail him as... some smart artistic bloke I can't think about right now, of our time.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If you post your information online and you attack a person then you should prepare for the blow back. Just like the recent incident of people trying to get someone fired for disagreeing with them, sending lies to their employer and the police, and then having to close up shop themselves because they revealed their real name in an email and got Yelped into oblivion.

I'm not even saying it's 'right' but it's certainly Karma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

KiddieGrinder posted:

SAFE SPACE! The internet needs a SAFE SPACE! You're financial shaming them! :qq:

Newest South Park episode, anyone? I felt it really fit well with the Star Citizen fiasco

That episode was amazing, the amount of salt generated from it only added to its hilarity

To me it has been interesting to see people you previously thought you could trust turn cannibal on each other. Which is another example of cult behavior. Even those who would lambaste cult behavior that you've observed will turn into those same cultists and turn on former friends the moment it's there sacred cow.

It's fascinating to watch what in any other facet of life is a rational human being going around their usual day basically try to snap their neighbors neck over the questioning of their non-existent starships.

It's just the final straw that putting your whole being into anything is foolishness.

• Locked thread