Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

lauresh posted:

For those interested I'll be selling tshirts with "Derek Smart was right" on them in the future. I currently have concept art on sale for $15,000 each.

is that just for one or is it a package deal for all future concepts and imaginings as well?

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

EVE Online remains one of my fondest gaming experiences. The feeling that it was real and consequential was amazing. Pity the gameplay is so loving boring.

Yeah I reckon EVE Online's, no holds barred, sandbox probably inspired more people to fund SC. Perhaps those of us that are in the + in the spaceship trade should request our refunds be donated to eve to ramp up gameplay.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

IronicDongz posted:

that sounds very boring

Yeah if there is no fear of losing a $1000 ship then there is no fun.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014
I would settle for a privateer reboot.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Dusty Lens posted:

I thought I was getting a finished Freelancer.

Trick me twice.

I thought Chris wasn't responsible for Freelancer.I thought it was all Microsoft. Can he even legally lay claim to it? I suppose I better ask Derek. That should be a new legal comedy show - Better ask Derek.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014
Does glassdoor mention anything about Erin Roberts UK team?

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

G0RF posted:

Yeah, even moreso because of his reflex eye-rolling instinct.

I'd post pics of it again, but since I assume CIG checks this forum periodically, I won't... I like the guy, don't want to see him fired, and can only assume his post-Escapist "I love CIG" PR campaign is happening under duress.

If CIG has purchased a SA account that would be the best thing that comes out of this whole mess.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

sorla78 posted:

That the Uk Character Art Team left unisono was mentioned in one of the Glassdoor reviews yes, it was reported on reddit before that and posted on SA two SC threads earlier as well.

I meant something more news worthy to rival Sandi.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

raverrn posted:

I've spent $450 on spaceships and managed to turn them around for $1,100. I don't see what everyone is complaining about?

Complaining because I didn't buy more LTI Auroras when LTI 'ended'. Oh well I will have to add that to my time travelling list just under kidnapping Hitlers dog.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Fil5000 posted:

I think it's one of those predestination paradoxes. The loss of the dog is what prompted his entry into politics so someone has to steal it or spacetime will collapse.

Bingo. But she escaped and returned to him thereby preventing a spacetime rift.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Romes128 posted:

so do you just look at pictures of your spaceships and make "pew pew" sounds while spinning around in your computer chair all day?

or masturbate to pictures of your spaceships like your tag implies?

Phew, I was beginning to think I was the only one.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Gryphon0468 posted:

You're all such huge hypocrites it'd be funny if it wasn't so sad. Not believing a word CR says but lapping up the drivel of DS and the crappy games media articles. I'm gonna be hanging around here with a big grin on my face soaking in every word you dumb asses say until CIG releases exactly what they said they would.

The 10 dollar punch line.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Gryphon0468 posted:

You're all such huge hypocrites it'd be funny if it wasn't so sad. Not believing a word CR says but lapping up the drivel of DS and the crappy games media articles. I'm gonna be hanging around here with a big grin on my face soaking in every word you dumb asses say until CIG releases exactly what they said they would.

How are we going to see this grin exactly? Are you going to fork out for premium?

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Paladinus posted:

Furthermore, lol. This game is not real.

There is a spoon! There is a spoon I tell you.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Bless you, rotating elephant.

All I ever see is a spinning beer.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014
I'm going to have to stock up on more eplisepsy tablets if this thread continues.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Klyith posted:

Even better, the potential jpegs used to be represented by question marks, so you had an item that looked like this

I am curious. Could someone demand a refund if they purchased one of those?

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

sorla78 posted:

None of their business, just tell them to grant the refund for not delivering on time.

Tell them you were secretly in love with Sandi as you thought she was available and a kind and humble person with great social skills and you just can't handle the lies anymore. Or just simply add the suicide pic from the op.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Bootcha posted:

I HAVE BEEN INFUSED WITH GREAT PURPOSE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRsEF953n0

Excellent. Pretty much summed up the whole thread.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014
I wonder if anyone has tried to put a dollar value to all the free gifts everyone has sent CIG over the years.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I have no interest in this game or a interest in spending hundreds of dollars for a conceptual pixel spaceship, but I sensed a powder of drama in this game and it looks like it's about to go off now.

Anyone able to sum up whats happened up until now? :munch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRsEF953n0

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Roflan posted:

Who was wearing a cap with MONEY in gold on it... Maybe I'm oversensitive from spending too much time on political sites but that seemed worse than having him on as the token black guy.

It was Chris's cap. A gift from his coke dealer who preseumaby has an infinite supply of LTI ships to sell on reddit.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014
What other gaming studio/company would benefit from CIG going under? Not to bail them out to save the day but to grab all the software assets and design with such a cult fan base. Could everything that has been created up to now actually be used or would it actually cost more in the long run. I have no idea how these things work I am just curious if anyother corporation are watching these events with glee , waiting patiently to pick up a bargain?

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Seraph says to tell you to get your money out fellas.

I'm staying in though, cause he's probably just trying to metagame ya'll. He still has his ships, so I'm keeping mine.

I love it when you talk dirty

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I feel like I should change my avatar to something with the text "Something Awful goon with a decent thought."

I'm perfectly comfortable with this outcome.

Haha. The best thing about that is everyone will be wondering who the hek is Seraph.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

madcow posted:

It should be telling to you that none of the other mainstream gaming related news sites have even touched this story as of yet. I wonder why that is?

If I was in a position to save a sinking ship that was worth more to me as salvage perhaps I would wait for it to sink first.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Onmi posted:

This was on the cults Reddit

:barf:

They got it bang on for the backers :)

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Erenthal posted:

Bought in for like 30$ back in early 2014.

Loaded up the launcher today for a laugh, due to reading this thread, for the first time since like nov/dec 2014, was greeted with the prospect of a 6-7 hour download that completely hogs every single drop of my internet bandwidth for the duration of the process. Said "no thanks" and uninstalled.

It saved you from the buggy experience of watching your spaceship turn around in space. Would probably have more fun on the forums or watching spaceship infomercials.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Xaerael posted:

I just want to know how the gently caress he reaches his rear end to wipe? Or does he walk around the office stinking of poo poo? Do his colleagues predict his approach due to strength of odour and feedback from him walking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crfGXmxJ1vM

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Xaerael posted:

So... if he uses one of these, does he proudly wield it like a lightsabre as he marches to the toilet? Or does he have a special "Bens locker" in there, full of his bathroom aides?

Probably comes shaped like a hammer. Who knows they might have even crowdfunded him a loo assistant to prevent him from jumping jpeg (is that actually a term yet)

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Sarsapariller posted:

If I'd met them personally I'd probably feel more empathy. For Disco, I actually do- he got hired into an already deteriorating situation. But Ben's in a position to at least save some people a lot of money and heartache along with what remains of his self-respect, and the fact that he's still hanging on is pretty contemptible. It's not an easy decision to walk away from something you believed in. But sometimes it's the only right one.

How much has Ben invested. Perhaps he also has to play nice in order to get it out? Maybe he is the mole.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Wow. That was closed quick. I need a better phone if I am going to keep up.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014
What is the actual legitimate reason for the ban. According to their official terms

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

KakerMix posted:

So hey Beer since you're banned you should totally have that show with Derek Smart.

lmao at Ben though, the dude is going to be CRUSHED when the realization that Star Citizen doesn't exist and Chris Roberts is a fraud hits. You think he'll go with the break-down route or get real angry at Roberts?

I think he will recover once his , tell all, story about CIG is ghost written and published. Who knows might even be big enough to actually warrant an interview on a reputable show especially if the law suit gains traction due huge headline amount. Also if a savvy editor can figure out the right alliteration for 'gaming company breaks crowd funding' headline.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

A Neurotic Jew posted:

"ok ok, now make it less than $175
"where are the programmers can we make this something other than a fighter in 24 hours? JUST DO IT and you're fired I know you're the mole you kike human being" - Sandi IRL right now

Maybe Sandi is telling different people different prices to expose the mole. I hope they know what they are doing.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014
Toast
Toast
Posted: 3:51PM
Please stop discussing moderation here, you all know it's against forum Rule 7. If you have concerns about Beer's probation, you may provide feedback at support@cloudimperiumgames.com, by including "[Moderation Request]" in the subject line.

Our forums are not the place for discussing moderation decisions. Certainly you're welcome to your opinion (informed or uninformed) as to why Beer was put on probation and whether it was a fair decision or not - but the present forum policy is that moderation is not up for the sort of discussion that you're engaging in here. Maybe once upon a time it was permissible, but under the present rules it's not. Unless and until there is a change in said policy, these are the rules, so if you want to discuss this particular topic among yourselves, there are other places on the internet where I'm sure you're quite free to do so.

Thanks!
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5714674/#Comment_5714674

This from the SC forums , seems ongoing? Sorry for text on phone.

Is this an 'other place on the internet'?

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

G0RF posted:

Just saw Beer replied in that thread celebrating his banishment (though mostly its douchebag squints dancing in celebration...)

:iceburn: to all you entitled old folks who think you actually deserve a decent game.

Ooh that's hardcore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

SneakyFrog posted:

gently caress yeah spinny imprisoned elephant.

gently caress yeah.

The only time I know it is eonwe is when he is behind bars. There are so many spinning pink elephant nowadays.

• Locked thread