Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

LCL-Dead posted:

Sandi finally replied to my refund request and I'm torn..

I want the money back for the Redeemer on my account but I don't want the account closed and don't even intend to do anything with the money until the game is either buried or released.
Get your cash before it's too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Chili for the Chili God

Chili Powder Ingredients
3 oz Guajillo Chiles
3 oz Ancho Chiles
3 oz Pasilo Chiles
3 oz Chipotle Chiles
0.5 Cumin Seed
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Mexican Oregano
1 tsp Ground Red Pepper
1 tsp Season Salt

Chili Ingredients
4 lbs Bone-In Short Rib
1 lb Chorizo
32 Ounces Beef Stock
2 Medium Onions
1 Bunch Garlic
1 Bottle Dark Beer (Porter)
2 Shots Tequila
2 Shots Molasses
2 Cans Tomato Paste
1 Can Chipotles in Adobo
1 Cinnamon Stick
4 Squares Dark Chocolate
1 Ounce Dried Porcini Mushrooms
1.25 Cup Chopped Cilantro
0.5 Cup Chili Powder
Salt
Pepper

Tools
Enamel Dutch Oven (6 Qt)
Blender/Food Processor

Process
Chili Powder: Do This
Recommended Viewing: Watch This

Preheat oven to 300F.

Trim off fat caps from short ribs. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.

Put dutch oven on maximum heat. Brown short ribs on all sides. Sear the hell out of them. ALL THE MAILLARD REACTION. ALL OF IT. Do meat in batches so you don't crowd the pot. Watch the video.

Cut onion in half and scorch. Same with the peeled garlic. Don't bother chopping it up, just blacken it.

Remove the casings from the chorizo and dump the meat into the pot. Or use breakfast sausage. Either way brown it.

Add the onions and garlic into the blender and pulse to chop up. Then add the chili powder, mushrooms, paste, molasses, tequila, chipotles in adobo*, and beef stock. Some folks use beer instead of beef stock. I've been meaning to try that. Blend it until well mixed and chunky.

Deglaze the base and get all that goodness off with the beer. Toss in the meat.

Add the blended ingredients to the meat and stir. Add the cinnamon stick, cilantro, and chocolate.

Cover and put in the oven for 90 minutes.

Remove cover, stir, embrace the awesomeness, and leave uncovered in oven for another 90 minutes.

Check status of meat. The bones should have freely separated and the mixture should be thick enough that you can stand a spoon in. If not, cook longer.

Remove from oven, remove bones and cinnamon stick, and eat with corn bread.

* Chipotles in adobo is the greatest thing ever, but it may be too spicy for some. You may want to toss in just the chipotles and stare at the adobo sauce, knowing it owns you.

This looks amazing. How long will it keep in the fridge, because based on the quanity I doubt we'll down it all in 1 meal.

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!
For you Meat Lovers, are you looking for a recipe that's as complex as one of Derek Smart's game manuals? look no further then DEREK SMARTS BEEFCAKE CHALLENGE:

Ingredients to buy.

400g flat cap mushrooms, roughly chopped

Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Olive oil, for cooking

750g piece of prime beef fillet

1-2 tbsp English mustard

6-8 slices of Parma ham

500g ready-made puff pastry

Flour, to dust

2 egg yolks, beaten not stirred.

Cooking:

#1 Put the mushrooms into a food processor with some seasoning and pulse to a rough paste. Scrape the paste into a pan and cook over a high heat for about 10 mins, tossing frequently, to cook out the moisture from the mushrooms. Spread out on a plate to cool.

#2 Heat in a frying pan and add a little olive oil. Season the beef and sear in the hot pan for 30 secs only on each side. (You don't want to cook it at this stage, just colour it.) Remove the beef from the pan and leave to cool, then brush all over with the mustard.

#3 Lay a sheet of cling film on a work surface and arrange the Parma ham slices on it, in slightly overlapping rows. With a palette knife, spread the mushroom paste over the ham, then place the seared beef fillet in the middle. Keeping a tight hold of the cling film from the edge, neatly roll the Parma ham and mushrooms around the beef to form a tight barrel shape. Twit the ends of the cling film to secure. Chill for 15-20 mins to allow the beef to set and keep its shape.

#4 Roll out the puff pastry on a floured surface to a large rectangle, the thickness of a £1 coin. Remove the cling film from the beef, then lay in the centre. Brush the surrounding pastry with egg yolk. Fold the ends over, the wrap the pastry around the beef, cutting off any excess. Turn over, so the seam is underneath, and place on a baking sheet. Brush over all the pastry with egg and chill for about 15 mins to let the pastry rest.

#5 Heat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6.

#6 Lightly score the pastry at 1cm intervals and glaze again with beaten egg yolk. Bake for 20 minutes , then lower the oven setting to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4 and cook for another 15 mins. Allow to rest for 10-15 mins before slicing and serving with the accompaniments. The beef should still be pink in the center when you serve it.

If done correctly it should look something like this:

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

SelenicMartian posted:

Is there anyone left at Crytek at this point?

I don't think the development team is there, just the guys who sell the license out and answer the phones.

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

Szcwczuk posted:

This isn't the first time I've ruined everything.

Just another badge of honor to add to your collection :cheers:

• Locked thread