Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Prawned posted:

Fart Shitizen: My Toilet Overfloweth

derriere fart vs. shart shitizen, a battle for the ages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

For a module that is supposed to be out soon, it is insane how much work still needs to be done on it. They don't have all of the weapons and only just implemented sound detection in their radar system. And one of the bug fixes was to add the missing crosshairs of some weapons, seriously...

quote:

Attached is also a picture of my feedback, which needs to be approved by Todd and Tobi early next week. Todd is on a much needed holiday today, and by the time I sent my feedback for Tobias to review he’d already gone for the night. Ah, the challenges of distributed development…

LMAO

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Agrajag posted:

am i right in assuming they are modelling the inside of that loving claymore thing? lol if so.

Fredrik1 posted:

What is even going on in that picture?

They got the high poly model of the claymore and are asking the artist to completely change the design. Instead of the flat plastic cover, the boss copy/pasted the grenade design on the claymore and said 'make it look like this', and blamed 'distributed development' for the mistake.

tl;dr: they are confirming the rumour that they are making artists redo work which already had concept approval.

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Oct 3, 2015

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Agrajag posted:

oh jesus i took a look at the couple of videos on the bottom of that post and it just looks like a steaming turd. they really thought a ladder animation and some glitched out ballet pose is something that really matters enough to showcase in a FPS?

most fuckers that would theoretically be playing this non-existent game would not even see that animation because its in the FIRST PERSON perspective!

The company responsible for the fps module worked on Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, last years Sonic game.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Applebee123 posted:

One thing I was wondering about is server costs, they dont just have to survive get the game out the door, they have to provide support for the persistent online world.

There are about 1m people who have pledged according to the website, if you assume 50-150k online at any one time, anyone have an estimate of what that would cost to run the servers for that many people?

Maybe on release day/week, but that number will drop to a fraction of the userbase. I doubt you'd see more than 10k most days.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

stretch goals are back.
they need to reach 100 million dollars in order to unlock the space court module.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Octopode posted:

No, that's thatguy. I specialize in maritime law; but really, it's similar enough to space law.

submarines are the spaceships of the ocean, so this checks out.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

BadOptics posted:

In a desperate bid to keep his supply of drugs flowing, Christ Roberts transforms the RSI website into his own personal Silk Road.

This is what they meant when they said that they are selling the website technology to other people. A perfect turn key solution for anonymous online drug markets.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

write back and cite croberts meltdown as the reason

tia

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Recoome posted:

also i found the rambling Croberts response and it is :siren::siren:5746 words:siren::siren:

That is almost half a galtse

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi,

You all like to gently caress dogs and cum in them

David Cameron hosed a dead pig

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Man the number of people who refuse to believe that SC was in development for four years is amazing. I love the cognitive dissonance required to be on /r/starcitizen these days.

This is the most notacult.txt I've seen so far.
All that production and pre-production work before the full employee ramp-up doesn't count.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

no_recall posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3nsgre/there_is_a_growing_number_of_illinformed_people/

When you donate/invest into any endeavor (wink), that money given is no longer your money, it belongs to the company/charity/organization you gave it to.

wait a minute, why are you winking? wink twice if croberts is holding you hostage.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Gryphon0468 posted:

Because endeavor is the name of the new ship released recently.

god drat it :negative:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Ayn Randi posted:

guys "relationship" with company selling video game is like all his other relationships in that it is imaginary

don't let the #brands hear it, you'll hurt their feelings.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Gryphon0468 posted:

https://buttimperiumgames.com/jobs

64 job openings, 6 of which are in Austin. Tell me again why a company about to run out of money would be looking to fill a further 64 positions?

Bitcoin prices are going up, uP, UP!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

madcow posted:

They already stated in an interview a couple days ago or so, you know the same one that said they signed a 5 year lease for an office in Frankfurt that the refund requests were around 1300 at that time.

Croberts signed a contract with Kevin Costner, and look at how that turned out.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Nicholas posted:

How could anyone have faith in these people.

E:FB, but i'd also like to point out that besides aiming in an FPS being hosed, the engine is so unstable that they are celebrating the QA team being able to play a single match using a RELEASE build on an internally hosted server

To be fair, they outsourced the FPS component to IllFonic (who worked on Sonic: Rise of Lyric) and it came back a broken garbage fire. It is incompetence layered on top of incompetence, all the way down.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Sedisp posted:

Besides being a pedophile what else is seraph up to?

[url=https://www.reddit.com/r/metanarchism/comments/3mlua3/looking_for_advice_regarding_anarchist_moderation/cvul1qp]

:smith:

captain of industry indeed

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Dante80 posted:

Actually, the real reason for what we have now is a little more hilarious than that. To keep it short:

IllFonic got their orders, and tried to deliver what CR wanted.
While they were doing it, based on a certain set of rules and principles, CR continued to move the goal posts.
At the same time, coordination between different branches and management of said branches so that they use the same base failed.
So when IllFonic delivered, they were hit by two things at the same time. CR changing the goals for what they were working for, and CIG having different base code for different branches.

Actually, looking at ATV episodes when IllFonic realized that was hilarious. CIG told them to make "this", based on "this" and make it also compatible with "this".
Then they changed "this" to "that" AFTER the fact, hit them with a "not good enough", canned them and started to remake the same thing again themselves.

That's pretty interesting since I haven't followed the drama too closely over the years. I always assumed it was the result of a small, mediocre developer coding a bunch of undocumented workarounds to get their small bit of the game done, and it breaking apart when CIG attempts to integrate it into the main game.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that croberts couldn't settle on an explicit set of outcomes for his contractors, and decided to change it just before it were to be delivered.

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Oct 10, 2015

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Good Dumplings posted:

That's kind of interesting, because that's exactly what got on my nerves so much about the minimovie. Everything and everyone was so generic - you get the nice guy, the girl with attitude, the cool-headed briefing officer - and there's nothing really distinctive about any of them.

You forgot black guy who carries stuff around the cargo hold.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Yeah, it's crazy how far they have seemingly gone backwards.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Tias posted:

So a friend of mine is getting into this, and I was wondering what it was, but both the OP and first 2-3 pages were so dense with incrowd bullshit that I couldn't understand anything.

Is it any good? Why should one get it?

It is like bitcoin, but in videogame form.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Omi-Polari posted:

fwiw the person who tipped off Smart is this guy:

This is a pretty pro way to set up an anonymous whistleblower twitter account.
Sunday's Best @ 4/1, Cosmic Caper @ 3/2, Bush did 9/11, Tucson Gold @ 5/1.

Also I'm cooking meatballs for dinner. Coincidence??

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

DOMDOM posted:

I've been going through my Steam list trying to get people interested in Star Citizen by showing them the CitizenCon footage, and then giving them my referral link.
Sadly, after talking to 15+ people, I still have zero referrals on the record.

A computer window to window salesman.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Blazing Zero posted:

yeah, cig has a lot to fear from noted anonymous hate campaign forums.somethingawful.com

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

MeLKoR posted:

Is there a reason why the threads on the front and back tires would be reversed?

space tires

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

surprised at the new race for wing commander VI

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Young Freud posted:

Except the audience for SQ42 had pretty much already pre-paid for the game. It's unclear how many copies they'll be able to sell once it's released because that 1 million members they already have is going to count against that expansion in sales. It's become a common saying here that RSI has hit their limit in the number of customers that will buy the product and it's probably the truth.

They will have to release Squadron 42 on Steam, market it as if it were a next-gen Mass Effect and hope for the best. I'm sure there are a couple hundred thousand people who will buy it without knowing the history behind Star Citizen. If the launch goes well and the sycophants flood steam reviews, I could see the game selling a million.

I could see the sales giving them enough money to go for another two years. And if they are smart, they could do a bunch of DLC and an expansion pack during that time; adding maybe another 6 months.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

CrazyTolradi posted:

That'd work better if Steam hadn't introduced it's refund policy.

There's already going to be two hours of cut scenes before the game gets going. They just need to make sure the game doesn't completely fall apart until then, but that is probably asking too much from a company who can't get aiming working in an FPS engine.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

G0RF posted:

Right.

Dolvak - a /StarCitizen moderator - renders his judgment against Beer.

Also a mod of /dereksmart. A thoughtful and impartial observer...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Unfunny Poster posted:

TheRoadbeer posted:
You know, if you cant make your point in a couple short sentences, it's a lie.

Star Citizen lie confirmed

• Locked thread