Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Satire
May 3, 2005

Chris Cooley is my Life Coach.

Fil5000 posted:

Did... did you pay ten dollars to tell people they have wrong opinions about a videogame?

It certainly seems that way.

My mother-in-law got me the starter pack a few years back. I put about 50 bucks into that ship that looks like a B-wing, but otherwise I have tried to forget about my account until I actually see the product. It took this DSmart nonsense for me to get pulled back in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Satire
May 3, 2005

Am I correct in assuming the current Goon opinion on SC is something like "This poo poo is a mess and it's going to crash and burn, but gently caress Derek Smart, too"?

Captain Satire
May 3, 2005

havenwaters posted:

Yeah pretty much

Makes sense. Bless us Goons.

Captain Satire
May 3, 2005

Yikes guys. No studio or publisher is ever going to release financials on a big project. Yes, even a crowdsourced one.

Edit: That CM was silly for even trying to answer the question with anything other than a flat "no".

Captain Satire
May 3, 2005

OhDearGodNo posted:

If they sue The Escapist for libel they may have no choice but to.

Possibly. But even then it I doubt it would be made available to the public.

Captain Satire
May 3, 2005

It is kind of amazing to me that the people in the Community / forums team hasn't been told to shut the hell up on all things related to this shitstorm.

Captain Satire
May 3, 2005

So is there space in Goony hearts for somebody like me who only spent 50 bucks and is happy to wait?

Captain Satire
May 3, 2005

So is today refund day? Is that what's going on?

Captain Satire
May 3, 2005

sorla78 posted:

I wonder how Chris R feels at this moment, everyone around him slowly turning against him, his dream crumbling in his fingers, so close, so far. just two more weeks. for real.

Star Citizen is the loving white whale and Chris R is Captain Ahab.

He doesn't care. He thinks he's fine and as far as we know he could he right.

Captain Satire
May 3, 2005

Unfunny Poster posted:

I thought Brian Fargo & Wasteland 2 turned out pretty much as expected and well made. That's just me though.

Also Jordan Weissman doing the Shadowrun games and now a Battletech game.

I was just about to mention Weissman and his new Battletech game. Seriously everybody get around it.

Captain Satire
May 3, 2005

I said come in! posted:

You're more of a loving hack then Star Citizen is. Maybe this is why you're so attached to this? You're both gigantic failures.

Woof!

Captain Satire
May 3, 2005

Why are we upset with what they announced / said today?

Captain Satire
May 3, 2005

Romes128 posted:

They didn't announce anything and spent all their time on the fps portion of their space combat simulator game.

Fair enough.

Captain Satire
May 3, 2005

I said come in! posted:

lol the number of star citizens has been going down, it use to be over 1 million.

Would be great is somebody checked that daily and graphed it to specific events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Satire
May 3, 2005

Flysafe my friends

• Locked thread