Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

God bless you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Maybe in your house :colbert:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Anyone who doesn't think the best ARR song is This Is Halloween Good King Moogle Mog is no friend of mine.

especially after watching it be done live http://youtu.be/P1dxkMhkHcA

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

EponymousMrYar posted:

Kingdom Hearts started it, Advent Children cemented it.
I thought I read somewhere that the character you were originally supposed to meet in Olympus Coliseum was Vincent but then they changed it to Cloud--hence why his costume is very similar to Vincent's and the all-around "emo" behavior. Or maybe that was just a rumor that got accepted as fact?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Lulu's summoner is literally a Belgemine palette swap :effort: Seems about right I guess.

I gotta go with Jim or Jimmy. None of these weeaboo poo poo names, ya nerds.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Yeah, pay2win owns. Changing my vote.

Edit: ah poo poo, posted too soon didn't see the poll.

So Id! How did the Force Awakens compare to our hallowed masterpiece Final Fantasy X?

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Dec 18, 2015

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I always hear people rail on it but I never know why--what was so bad about After Years?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Thanks for explaining the After Years to me. That plot twist at the end sounds pretty :stare: It's one of those things that almost sounds neat in theory but is pretty much always terrible in execution.

Edit: Also, Merry Christmas, Id! Thanks for another wonderful year of Let's Play!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Margie was way more story relevant so that makes sense. It blows my mind that they decided not to make her a party member and at the same time 100% approved Chu Chu

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Dec 26, 2015

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Prison Warden posted:

I already read the manga every couple years since it's a loving masterpiece, so I support your suggestion.

Your opinion is good. Also, the Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind manga is similarly fantastic. Definite must-read

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Sith Lord Taro sells his own Nier fan magizine at Comiket dressed as Emil
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/31/nier-automata-director-sold-his-own-fanzine-at-comiket-89/

I deeply admire this man :allears:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

To be fair, if he'd taken the shot right away instead of giving the Sorceress like 30 minutes to set up a shield, it'd have been a hell of a short game :v:

If they never bothered to shut that stupid gate it probably would have gone off without a hitch.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

FeyerbrandX posted:

:ughh: at those costumes
Billy's costume looks very empowering :colbert:

Also pleasantly surprised with Rebecca's t-shirt and jeans outfit? Ignoring the cheerleading costume (which doesn't look nearly as cringy as it could be) this is actually kind of refreshing when you compare it to the long-held tradition of shoving the female characters in as many fetish costumes as possible for unlockable bonuses. Seriously, switch Billy and Rebecca's costume and you have standard fare.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

ZiegeDame posted:

Looks like Fatman, Psycho Mantis, and The Pain to me.
This is too good. You got my vote

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

quote:

It's not as though it would be that hard to write in a lame justification as to why we're now jumping to the final battle. Here: Killing Yunalesca and screwing up the whole Pilgrimage cycle had disrupted Sin's programming and now it's on a rampage heading for Bevelle. A decent chunk of Spira's population will be incredibly dead unless we go sort out the mess we made. There! Lame justification. It even gives more of a reason for Yo Mika to been “gently caress this noise” immediately.

It could also explain the convenient weak spots that randomly appeared. Something like, "With Yunalesca dead Sin is starting to fall apart."

Just feels a little more believable.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Did people seriously not know it was intentional?

No because context is a completely foreign concept to most people. They somehow also forget the genuine laugh they do afterwards. But this subject has been done to death

He seems like a super cool guy. I've seen a number a his videos and he just seems really approachable.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I've followed this LP since the first thread and was super happy to see that you had picked it up again! Thanks for another wonderful thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Can I just say that I am super proud of everyone in that this was probably one of the few TDI threads that wasn't being closed once a week due to people being weird/creepy assholes?*

So proud :woop:

*that I can recall off the top of my head

• Locked thread