Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
The use of adblock is morally questionable?

les fleurs du mall fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Oct 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

more like morally awesome

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

i think you accidentally made the body of your thread the same as the subject of your thread

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the use of ads is morally reprehensible

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Gay Hitler posted:

i think you accidentally made the body of your thread the same as the subject of your thread

fixed

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

pop ups in my pants lol it's my dick popping up under the jeans lol like a small tent lol like zoolander what is this a tent for ants? lol anyway

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

advertising is morally questionable

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

i dont have any loving money to buy poo poo anyway so who gives a poo poo about ads

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If I didn't have to worry about bad ads and popups I wouldn't use one hth

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
It's reprehensible the poor ad people pay good money for you to see those ads and here you are practically STEALING from theme by blocking them. If you use adblock software you're what's wrong with America.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
G: "Whitelist us on adblock or else the site will go down"? But I want the site to go down, jerry! The site has to go down!
J: Down with sites!

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
advertising itself is morally questionable so stealing from the ad men is righteous and good

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
I love it when websites beg me to turn off adblock

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

advertising is the biggest scam ever. its going to all collapse soon anyway. these ad men are now selling ad spaces to other ad men in a oroboros of idiocy.

download any free game and all the ads are for other free games that give you ads for other free games.

soon everyone will realize that the only people paying for ad space is people selling ad space and our economy will tank again because no one actually buys anything they see on a phone.

marketing relies on the lie of marketing

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

adf.ly pages with no ads on them :allears:

the worst thing though is on youtube when they put the ad in the video itself. no, i dont care about patreon or audible.com. im just here for what the video is supposed to be about. stay on topic idiot

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Me too. I lol every time.
I've even installed a highly experimental new app called "adrekt" which actually costs websites money by entering a -1 clickthrough value for every ad it detects.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
ublock is the new hotness

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i hit the monkey when do i get my ipad

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
The content is mine to do with when it enters my computer, so says I, Smelly Bohemian, information morality expert.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
i got that adblock popup today too and immediately disabled the thing that they were talking about

"oh sure, the reason I installed a program called adblock is because I want to see some ad because I care about websites making money"

lolollololol get a real job webailures

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

les fleurs du mall posted:

The use of adblock is morally questionable?

Your face is morally questionable.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
"But we need it! Everything is funded by advertising revenue!" If the only way we can have stuff is by having ads I propose we give up all our stuff.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
if every ad was actually links to poo poo i wanted to buy or not malware, i wouldnt use it

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
install ublock origin and you will be free

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
The ad agencies are going to have to just get smarter. There was a funny comic someone made about it actually.

Edit: Found it!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

advertising is the most worthless human endeavour

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Quote-Unquote posted:

advertising is the most worthless human endeavour

Much like

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
lol, wait for it

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
hahaha oh man this is gunna be good

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

your posts

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

huh?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

my posts?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I reinstalled Adblock 6 months ago, it's blocked 180,000 ads. I think I'm okay with some people not making as much advertising dollars.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

hahaha yeah!

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

les fleurs du mall posted:

hahaha oh man this is gunna be good

:allears:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

is there a burn ward within three feet of here
because i just got burned

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Prav posted:

the use of ads is morally reprehensible

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
Sometimes when I go shopping, I think about the adds that were forced on me that day and choose to buy the other products.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Applewhite posted:

Me too. I lol every time.
I've even installed a highly experimental new app called "adrekt" which actually costs websites money by entering a -1 clickthrough value for every ad it detects.

Does it play sounds from Quake as it happens? like if its three ads on a page it just yells at you 'TRIPLE KILL!' etc etc if so I think I might donate to that guys paetron/kickstarter/wherever it is people beg for money these days.

• Locked thread